*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

are those consider skinny jeans? I wanna look cool in some skinays

I got a pair of FUBU jeans. I like them a lot. does FUBU make skinays?
You serious?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

im not sure if those are skinay jeans becus i have never seen them before.
indifferent.gif

Im not sure wat I said is wong y?

I always wear baggy FUBU jeans and now every1 is wearing skiney jeans

I want to be cool to

Originally Posted by yancancook90

how are PRPS jeans? i have a chance to get a pair for cheap but i want to know if the quality is nice
Yea PRPS are good jeans, have quite a few washes, but I wouldn't pay regular price for them. If you can get them cheap and like the was I saygo for it.

Originally Posted by damn its me

Decided to post my current rotation...
denim.jpg

I wear skinny fit, and preferably some elasticity in my denim since I ride a bike quite a lot and if i don't have a fair amount of give I will literally blow through a pair of jeans in less than a week....(i've done it many times)

That said, I also love the look of raw denim and selvedge, so sometimes it's a hard midpoint to come to, meeting all those criteria.
I wear my Flathead mainly for casual wear situations. The fit through the thigh on both of the pairs I own is very limiting in comparison to the rest of the jean so I would have to say that these might be the worst jeans for me to bike in.
I love wearing my nudie for biking, but as people have said nudie blows out pretty quick unless you have their REALLY stretchy blends.
also I noticed
that there's almost no love in this thread for kicking mule? some of the best looking denim widely available along with RRL

ksubi I have found to be a very well made pair of jeans for biking in, strong and good fits, plus there are a lot of little things that I appreciate about them...they have most definitely been bastardized by the LA-types i know, but like i said...quality is good, and fits are good
ksubi.jpg

that's quite a rotation--i have a pair of apc ps, naked and famous lightweight and green selvedge, crate routes and kmw rockers.

what one are you working on the most? or are you just wearing all of them?

really like the self edge x flatheads you got there.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by nologo02184

Originally Posted by i3allistic

looking for a pair of grey denim ...any suggestion?
nerd.gif
$100-$200
naked and famous grey selvedge weird guys

thanks! looks real good....what they fit like? comparing too 7's, TR jeans ...

slim and tapered below the knees, based on how you size them. if it's your first foray into selvedge, go true to size--most people will tell you to sizedown one on these (i sized down two, but i kind of regret that on one of my two pairs).

no flare like 7s or true religions have at the bottom (they're not bootcut). buying them true to size will give it a nice, clean fit. slimmer than a slimcut because of the taper, but not skinny by any means. plus, the smaller leg opening at the bottom will make stacks appear pretty easily.

this is a great pair of "starter" selvedge. not sure if they're raw, but i know their green weird guys fade blue--might be the same for these,which would definitely be cool.

that's quite a rotation--i have a pair of apc ps, naked and famous lightweight and green selvedge, crate routes and kmw rockers.

Thanks, I wear my Flathead selfedge the most, simply and honestly because i like the pocket logo on them and because they fit slightly better (for me at least)than the 310 (the 310 is slightly more full through the leg, although both seem to fit similar at the thigh) of course with any pair of FH you know you aregetting some of the most charming wear-through of almost any denim out there...really makes you want to put them on every day!

as far as grey denim, I might suggest april 77 since they have finally started shipping to US accounts again (american rag, among many others) makes a prettynice grey colored slim pair of jeans.

naked & famous i have been on the fence about since inception. At first i REALLY liked Brandon's vision of an affordable luxury denim. he does all ofhis construction in Canada, so he saves a ton of money, by shipping raw fabric from japan and doing all the construction here in North America. He was alsoin-line for doing damn near selvedge everything- ties, shirts, suits, and the likes. I was excited to hear his price points initially also.
...but then sadly, his fits did not deliver...his "weird guy" is just that-a weird fit on most guys, and slim guy was not all that skinny at all.again he is a denim nerd and mainly trying to get quality basic ideas as well as a few bells and whistles out there for an affordable price.
While I am glad that a new market is enjoying selvedge denim but i am indeed a bit saddened to see that the reverence for the art and history of its productionis becoming bastardized by a "bottom line" or profit margin situation.
that said, i'd rather have great denim at a fair price, that fair denim at a great price.

apc is a solid bet, but the fit on those KMW rockers in awesome!!! perfect for chucks etc...name describes the fit well!

kiya, I like your thinking!! most definitely will come by and check stuff out!

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

I love my petite standards. LOVE THEM! back in stock.
Can you two tell me how ps fit? I'm looking at these but still iffy. I want slim but not 510/ nudie long john slim

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Can you two tell me how ps fit? I'm looking at these but still iffy. I want slim but not 510/ nudie long john slim

PS are skinny basically.

not slim. skinny. NC are a lil baggier. but still skinny.

i regret buying the NC.. Too tight..
sick.gif

Here were my New Cures:

14dedmf.jpg

And now i have New Standards:

sqqww9.jpg

24n1kd5.jpg

pretty sure the nc are more skinny than the ps.

when i tried both on, i couldn't even get the size 31 nc on, but i could get the ps on.

the new cures a couple of posts above don't even look tight---they barely look slim.

i think the reason people think they're skinny is because they are SLIMMER than what they're used to, but i'm definitely not wearing skinny jeans. i never wanted a pair of levis 511 because they look too skinny.

i would say that the ps are similar to the 514--slim with a taper below the knee. i would say that the new cure are closer to 511s, but the new cures have aslight flare at the bottom (not od bootleg or anything, but a slight flare).

i really like the fit of the ps. i think the rise is kind of low, but that's pretty much my only complaint. looking to pick up some flatheads or pureblue japan when i go to tokyo next month.

levis shrink to fit blue and the black. best jeans i own. however they are no good after u wash em. i wear em for like 4 months than get another pair.considering a grey pair

They fit like the skinny 511 but a touch looser. To be honest, i went as much as I can so i can get a real nice stretch out of them and a realnice fade. I'll let you know how it goes.

evisu are okay, although their quality was a bit lacking with their EU line. Some of the older deep indigo evisu stuff isn't bad, anything green gull handpainted selvedge stuff from them is top notch, but somewhat hard to find and pretty expensive...

Looking for some insight.

For those that have tried both the APC New Standard and the Petit Standard, what's the difference? I have a pair of 2 year old New Standards that are myabsolute favorite jeans (crotch tear and all). The fit is on point but it's not as tapered as I would like below the knees. How does the Petit Standardcompare? If it's a lot skinnier around the thighs, like the New Cures, I'm going to just stick to the New Standards.

Also, does anyone know anywhere online that still has New Standards in black? I know APC is getting a restock in January but I'd rather not wait ifpossible
laugh.gif

And one final question is, how does Dior MIJ 19cm and 21cm denim compare to APC models?

Co sign on the kicking mule...they are one of my best pairs of denim Co sign on the naked & famous for the dude that wanted grey denim. Try them on tho...

Back
Top Bottom