Did Paul Pierce get dunked on?

You can always tell who actually played basketball in these types of threads.

Dunked by? What the hell is that? How many times you were at the court and _'s went "OH #!!+ he got DUNKED BY"

Where the *@%* you gumps from?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Dunked by? What the hell is that? How many times you were at the court and _'s went "OH #!!+ he got DUNKED BY"

QFT never heard this dunked by $#$! til I got to NT

it can be an Abbott and Costello routine.

Dwight, on a fast break steal, dunks on Lebron.
"He got dunked by!"
"By?"
"Dwight dunked by Lebron"
"You mean Dwight dunked ON Lebron?"
"Correction-- Dwight dunked by Lebron."
"Lebron didn't dunk on Dwight idiot"
"I know.  It was a dunk by."
......."aren't you going to finish your sentence?"
"What?"
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If you go for the block and there's contact, then you got dunked on.

All of this "dunked by" nonsense is dumb. It doesn't automatically make you an awful NBA player, so there's no need to qualify it in order to preserve the image of the player.

You try to block the shot, whether from the side, behind, in front of, whatever... and the opponent dunks it.. then you got dunked on.

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
Well I forgot to add there needs to be contact, but I said that in the first part of my post.

For me, it doesn't have to be chest to chest contact for it to be a dunk on.  If you're going for the block, there's contact/foul, and the player gets the dunk, 9 times out of 10 it's getting dunked on.

I just think saying "dunked by" is a lame excuse for fans or players who don't want to admit they got dunked on.

See, if in that Vid Pierce was infront of him, it would've been made a bigger deal & been all over highlights, but since he was trailing him & got dunked BY, it wasn't made into a huge deal. Maybe its just me, but I still see a difference. I still think he dunked it & Pierce was just in the area. Again, if Pierce was infront of him, I would've considered that dunked on.

Jordan didn't get dunked on by Starks. He wasn't even in the poster ...
laugh.gif

Stop it ... I'm not arguing this though today. 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

QFT never heard this dunked by $#$! til I got to NT
so i guess lebron doesn't actually play basketball then...
the reason you never hear anyone say dunk by on court is because its not worthy of
eek.gif
eek.gif

thats why dunk on>>>>>>dunk by

No way.

and this......

Yes. If you get a foul called on you while a guy is dunking, you got dunked on.
...is the dumbest thing rationalization ive heard in a long time.  Thats not even close to being correct. 

roll.gif

I agree.

If you go for the block and there's contact, then you got dunked on.

All of this "dunked by" nonsense is dumb. It doesn't automatically make you an awful NBA player, so there's no need to qualify it in order to preserve the image of the player.

You try to block the shot, whether from the side, behind, in front of, whatever... and the opponent dunks it.. then you got dunked on.

ohwell.gif
eyes.gif
Well I forgot to add there needs to be contact, but I said that in the first part of my post.

For me, it doesn't have to be chest to chest contact for it to be a dunk on.  If you're going for the block, there's contact/foul, and the player gets the dunk, 9 times out of 10 it's getting dunked on.

I just think saying "dunked by" is a lame excuse for fans or players who don't want to admit they got dunked on.

But Pierce didnt get dunked on.

I dint even think it was a dunk by.

It was just a dunk.

Originally Posted by bangtcg

it can be an Abbott and Costello routine.

Dwight, on a fast break steal, dunks on Lebron.
"He got dunked by!"
"By?"
"Dwight dunked by Lebron"
"You mean Dwight dunked ON Lebron?"
"Correction-- Dwight dunked by Lebron."
"Lebron didn't dunk on Dwight idiot"
"I know.  It was a dunk by."
......."aren't you going to finish your sentence?"
"What?"
indifferent.gif

Funny

Back