Discoloration on Jordan IV 2008 DMP Retro Heal tab

I don't have these but I have the flip 3's completely different shoe, i know, but the white tab on the back is yellowing and its pissing me off.  You would think a sneaker that costs 150 dollars wouldn't do something as yellow after a couple years...
tired.gif

How were you storing those flip 3's? and were you wearing them often? It is bloody crazy how quick these deteriorate. I have GR dunks that hold up better. I guess putting plastic materials on a shoe these may be bound to happen. I think they need to step up materials though. It has to be a really weak plastic to be breaking down this quick.

How were you storing those flip 3's? and were you wearing them often? It is bloody crazy how quick these deteriorate. I have GR dunks that hold up better. I guess putting plastic materials on a shoe these may be bound to happen. I think they need to step up materials though. It has to be a really weak plastic to be breaking down this quick.

The reason I suggested the silica packs is because its what I do. And the only pair of Jordans I own that are ds are my brand new Bordeaux. And I live in Dallas Texas where the humidity is a killer. So that's why I suggested that. Because my cdp 4s haven't done this and I Where them alot. But like I said before the count down packs where very horrible quality.

The reason I suggested the silica packs is because its what I do. And the only pair of Jordans I own that are ds are my brand new Bordeaux. And I live in Dallas Texas where the humidity is a killer. So that's why I suggested that. Because my cdp 4s haven't done this and I Where them alot. But like I said before the count down packs where very horrible quality.

^silica packs are good. just throw one or two in the box dont overload thats what causes separation and "weakens" the shoe for future wearing.

^silica packs are good. just throw one or two in the box dont overload thats what causes separation and "weakens" the shoe for future wearing.

Relocated the entire collection last night after gutting another closet haha. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. Also added a silica pack. I have them in most of my shoe boxes, but some reason missed this pair. Not sure if that is why this happened, or if it was the paper, or the temp of the laundry room. Wish there was a way to pin point it. The Carmines that I have in the other half of the CDP box were still in fine shape, and those are even older than these. Must have something to do with the plastic or PVC used in the IV's. They are still wearable, but it chokes me up.

Does everyone remove the paper from their shoe boxes? Wouldn't the acid level be similar or higher in the cardboard of the box making it kinda moot to take the paper out? Gotta lot of DS shoes that I'm not sure if I will ever wear or sell. Would like to keep everything fresh.

Thanks for the input all!

Relocated the entire collection last night after gutting another closet haha. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. Also added a silica pack. I have them in most of my shoe boxes, but some reason missed this pair. Not sure if that is why this happened, or if it was the paper, or the temp of the laundry room. Wish there was a way to pin point it. The Carmines that I have in the other half of the CDP box were still in fine shape, and those are even older than these. Must have something to do with the plastic or PVC used in the IV's. They are still wearable, but it chokes me up.

Does everyone remove the paper from their shoe boxes? Wouldn't the acid level be similar or higher in the cardboard of the box making it kinda moot to take the paper out? Gotta lot of DS shoes that I'm not sure if I will ever wear or sell. Would like to keep everything fresh.

Thanks for the input all!

Dude, I know I'm late, but I just broke out my CDP IV's today to take pics of them (I am selling them, only worn once like the week I got them, cleaned them and threw them back in the box, and I noticed my right heel tab is discolored (like gold looking) just like yours OP. Really weird looking. Oh well.

Dude, I know I'm late, but I just broke out my CDP IV's today to take pics of them (I am selling them, only worn once like the week I got them, cleaned them and threw them back in the box, and I noticed my right heel tab is discolored (like gold looking) just like yours OP. Really weird looking. Oh well.

In order to heal your heel tabs, you might have to take it to a shaman healer where they can heal it by using an alternative healing method for your heel tab.

Just repaint both of them. Lesson learned: Wear your kicks, don't let them rot in your closet. They will rot. JB of today = will discolor after a year.

In order to heal your heel tabs, you might have to take it to a shaman healer where they can heal it by using an alternative healing method for your heel tab.

Just repaint both of them. Lesson learned: Wear your kicks, don't let them rot in your closet. They will rot. JB of today = will discolor after a year.

someone should make a video of how to repaint the back heel tabs on the 3s or some process to get them back to white. Just a thought.

someone should make a video of how to repaint the back heel tabs on the 3s or some process to get them back to white. Just a thought.

Mine were like these from the day I bought them back in 2008. I wanted to
keep them regardless but the discoloration eventually got to me.
bca16c65b39300c7a4f6a3c08eb439e1a5543004_r.jpg

Mine were like these from the day I bought them back in 2008. I wanted to
keep them regardless but the discoloration eventually got to me.
bca16c65b39300c7a4f6a3c08eb439e1a5543004_r.jpg

As much as it sucks, J's will always be high maintenance to keep unyellowed, uncracked etc. JB uses shady materials to ensure that we always have to upgrade our shoes every couple years with new purchases.

As much as it sucks, J's will always be high maintenance to keep unyellowed, uncracked etc. JB uses shady materials to ensure that we always have to upgrade our shoes every couple years with new purchases.

Back
Top Bottom