Do any of you sell on Ebay anymore?

I haven't sold on ebay for awhile. I have noticed some not so pleasant surprises. I bought an ipad and decided to sell it on ebay. The auction ended without selling so I decided to relist it.
This is the message I got:

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
Attention!

Although most sellers will be allowed to list an Apple iPad 2, there are limitations on the quantity you may sell each week. You have reached this limit and will not be allowed to list another iPad 2 until 7 days have passed from your last iPad 2 sale.

The following limits are in place:

• Apple authorized resellers will be allowed to list up to 50 items per week.

• Current eBay Top-rated sellers will be allowed to list up to 4 items per week.
Note: Sellers not meeting minimum performance standards will not be allowed to list the Apple iPad 2 during this release period.
For additional information on listing the Apple iPad on eBay, please see our announcement.

They are treating me like a brand new seller even though my feedback is 100% and is (436) I have been selling on ebay since January of 2000.

I used to sell Jordans and Nintendo Wii's until ebay raised their fees. It's stupid how they charge you a final value fee and a paypal fee. They also have made it so you can't accept anything else except paypal.

I'm not sure why they want to lose sellers? I certainly won't be selling on there very much any more. 

I also noticed that some sellers have been selling Jordans for a low buy it now but with shipping very high. Of course they do this to save on Ebay fees. Smart if you ask me. So, I tried this today. I listed some 3's

and got a message saying I can't charge that much shipping. I guess ebay fixed this within the last week or so. Thanks a lot Ebay! 

Is there anywhere else to sell Jordans or ipads besides ebay or craigslist. I tried selling an ipad on craigslist but all I got were people wanting to pay with paypal but to ship the item to their girlfriend in some other country. Um, no thanks! 

I always ask them if that scam still really works? 

Ebay used to be a great place to sell! When I was laid off it was how I paid the bills. Not anymore. frustrating! 
mad.gif

[/td][/tr][/table]

I haven't sold on ebay for awhile. I have noticed some not so pleasant surprises. I bought an ipad and decided to sell it on ebay. The auction ended without selling so I decided to relist it.
This is the message I got:

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
Attention!

Although most sellers will be allowed to list an Apple iPad 2, there are limitations on the quantity you may sell each week. You have reached this limit and will not be allowed to list another iPad 2 until 7 days have passed from your last iPad 2 sale.

The following limits are in place:

• Apple authorized resellers will be allowed to list up to 50 items per week.

• Current eBay Top-rated sellers will be allowed to list up to 4 items per week.
Note: Sellers not meeting minimum performance standards will not be allowed to list the Apple iPad 2 during this release period.
For additional information on listing the Apple iPad on eBay, please see our announcement.

They are treating me like a brand new seller even though my feedback is 100% and is (436) I have been selling on ebay since January of 2000.

I used to sell Jordans and Nintendo Wii's until ebay raised their fees. It's stupid how they charge you a final value fee and a paypal fee. They also have made it so you can't accept anything else except paypal.

I'm not sure why they want to lose sellers? I certainly won't be selling on there very much any more. 

I also noticed that some sellers have been selling Jordans for a low buy it now but with shipping very high. Of course they do this to save on Ebay fees. Smart if you ask me. So, I tried this today. I listed some 3's

and got a message saying I can't charge that much shipping. I guess ebay fixed this within the last week or so. Thanks a lot Ebay! 

Is there anywhere else to sell Jordans or ipads besides ebay or craigslist. I tried selling an ipad on craigslist but all I got were people wanting to pay with paypal but to ship the item to their girlfriend in some other country. Um, no thanks! 

I always ask them if that scam still really works? 

Ebay used to be a great place to sell! When I was laid off it was how I paid the bills. Not anymore. frustrating! 
mad.gif

[/td][/tr][/table]

yea that thing about shipping just changed this month. go search apple forums or technology forums that have the same concept as this site but for technology. good luck.

yea that thing about shipping just changed this month. go search apple forums or technology forums that have the same concept as this site but for technology. good luck.

Yup they just changed it this month.It's just the way of the world, shut out the small business and allow the big business to control everything. I was one to charge high shipping and low price so I could give a good deal to the people without losing money. But because of the switch I am now losing on everything. How does FEEbay expect anyone (other than those who buy @ wholesale=big business) to make money when FEEbay is charging 10+ %, Paypal 5+ % and shipping 5-15%.I will stop selling on Feebay after I get rid of a few more items in my collection that I never wore or now if I can trade a few of my items with my fellow NT people.

Yup they just changed it this month.It's just the way of the world, shut out the small business and allow the big business to control everything. I was one to charge high shipping and low price so I could give a good deal to the people without losing money. But because of the switch I am now losing on everything. How does FEEbay expect anyone (other than those who buy @ wholesale=big business) to make money when FEEbay is charging 10+ %, Paypal 5+ % and shipping 5-15%.I will stop selling on Feebay after I get rid of a few more items in my collection that I never wore or now if I can trade a few of my items with my fellow NT people.

Originally Posted by wiseman299

I hear ya man! I also heard that ebay is going to charge a % of the shipping cost. Is that for real? If so, that's stupid!

Originally Posted by wiseman299

I hear ya man! I also heard that ebay is going to charge a % of the shipping cost. Is that for real? If so, that's stupid!

arc9802 wrote:

They have to because people sell shoes for $.99 and $400 shipping.  Their fees are nuts anymore.  I try here or ISS, if no sale, I just keep them.

arc9802 wrote:

They have to because people sell shoes for $.99 and $400 shipping.  Their fees are nuts anymore.  I try here or ISS, if no sale, I just keep them.

Nah, I only sell if I need to on NT, ISS, or Craigslist. Heard too many bad things about eBay fees.

Nah, I only sell if I need to on NT, ISS, or Craigslist. Heard too many bad things about eBay fees.

Yeah they can cap shipping at 4 dollars when u sell a video game but they cant implement that same thing in to the shoe catagory, so they charge it on the total price... hmmmm shoes are enough to ship anyway without taking from that

Yeah they can cap shipping at 4 dollars when u sell a video game but they cant implement that same thing in to the shoe catagory, so they charge it on the total price... hmmmm shoes are enough to ship anyway without taking from that

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

i sell Js that i don't need anymore
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

i sell Js that i don't need anymore
tired.gif

man didnt know ebay has got that bad for sellers, i used to sell a lot of stuff including jordans on there. i was even thinking of posting the kicks in my sig but now i may just try the forums. thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom