Do brand names mean a lot to you?

the majority of my clothing purchases are always on sale items. socks and my underwear i get at full price. food and electronics wise it matters to me there are some brands that i consider it worthwhile to spend the extra money. 

back in the day I never wanted to wear anything fake , but I aint have the $ to buy the name brands, so  I rocked the south pole, boss, paco 
30t6p3b.gif
 etc (wasn't paying for it so I had no choice)...I couldn't even throw on Old Navy/Gap because it was too "mainstream" for me.....
when I started getting $ I slowly started upgrading from V.I.M to the Jimmy Jazz and all your local hood spots to cop the Ecko Rocawear and whateva was out....also the Foot Locker white tee era held me down ....but when I was gettin $$ and started getting into  kicks It was Alife/Stussy/Polo and various brands I would shop online for because I didn't want to have on the same thing 20 other people had....got about 30+ tees I spend 30-70 bucks on when I could of easily gone to Gap or J Crew or any other store and gotten a decent shirt for half that 
eyes.gif
.....live and learn though...I dont buy much now cuz I have more than enuff....but I will always cop RL when I find something nice ON SALE.
when your young and got a rotation of about 6 shirts/5 jeans and a pair of kicks every semester/year, you just wanna go in when your able to...I remember one semester during HS I had to rock some shell toe Adidas and felt like a bum cuz I only stayed in Nikes 
laugh.gif
...those were the days
pimp.gif

I prefer quality more than anything ... Aesthetics are important as well ... price doesn't matter but !!**% if i'm gonna pay retail for anything

Originally Posted by Physicx

not as much as it used to, thats for sure
yeah true that.... as you get older the outrageous colors on the polos slowed down for me... im just laid back now with the plain stuff n like others said stuff thats on sale lol

When I was younger, I would wear some wack looking stuff just cause it was namebrand. Now, as long as it's comfortable, and looks good, I'll wear it, regardless of namebrand.

If the piece of clothing is comfortable and it fits me perfectly, then I will purchase it regardless of brand name.

Sadly, most of the shoes/clothes that fit that bill are brand names.

Only for athletic clothing, like Nike, Under Armour, etc.

I don't care at all for high end clothing like Louis Vuitton, Armani, etc.

obviously... indexing tool tho. dont have a cult like attachment to anything... besides airmaxes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

no i dont care for being a walking logo. i still lean towards certain brands though only because i like the quality of certain brands.

if it aint about money, then what is it about?

Sadly, yes they do matter. I just happen to appreciate the finer things in life. To each his own though.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

I use to care but fashion changes so much, one minute it's hot the next it's not.
Investing in timeless, quality clothing ftw. 
But to a certain extent, it does matter. It helps with self-esteem.

Yes.
I have to make sure that my money is well spent, and certain brands have an established standard of quality.
It's not about people knowing what brand of clothing I'm wearing.  It's about getting the best quality for my
money, and having something that's going to last for years.

no. its all about the fit.

even if it fit nice and had a gaudy brand name on it i wouldnt wear it.

im rockin 10$ shorts right now. ballin.

only with sneakers

color means more to me than anything else, pain in the #%% tryna find that emrald green color on a shirt
mad.gif

I'm at a bit of a weird point in my life I wear alot of brand name clothing although I rarely wear anything with a logo. I mostly stick to j. Crew n some gap selvedge jeans... I am still kinda picky bout my kicks but thats jus cuz I grew up on nikes. I rock alot of nicer dress n casual shoes with no logos at all

Back
Top Bottom