Do people really believe in Angels?

Every time I saw it I wondered what your avy was until this evening when I saw it on yahoo's main page.
ohwell.gif

I don't care what beliefs let people cope with, honestly.

Its not better than not-believing in anything. 

Frankly, if you're going to believe something that isn't TRUE, REAL, or VALID I don't want you in charge of anything important. 

I'm getting to the point where I really can't understand that in 2012, why its acceptable for people to think that its reasonable to think its ok to believe things TO BE TRUE, merely because you want them to be true.

That is the pinnacle of dishonesty.

See this is what I'm talking about.

You COULD be right, but if you're going to assert that THERE IS A NEXT LIFE, the you must substantiate this claim. 

YOU MUST.

Otherwise, its equally plausible that you're actually a TV in a bowl of ice cream speaking in the language of plastic.

Doesn't make sense? Well thats too bad. You just have to believe. 
I understand what you are saying, but humor me for a moment further, while in the womb, did we actually know what was in store for us out here?
No.

If you don't know something, then you say "I don't know"

Look. There COULD be a god. 

It COULD be true that Christians got it right.

It COULD be true that Jesus is really coming back

It COULD be true that mary was a virgin.

It COULD also be true that Spiderman is real. 

BUT...until you can prove it, then you can't then assert it as true.

Thats what the burden of proof is.

IF YOU ASSERT SOMETHING, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BACKING UP THAT CLAIM. 

This is the only thing I disagree with you on, is what I highlighted.

I don't want to be adamant about what exists and what doesn't exist.

I want to be adamant about the value of evidence and proof over wild assertions and speculation.

If you're going to assert something, you are responsible for substantiating that claim. Period. 

Anyone can craft a theory while sitting on the toilet or lounging on the couch when they're high. 
Ok ok, so what if they don't assert it then? What if they just casually mention it on the internet, in a thread, on a message board, about sneakers? Can you let em slide with that?

But yes, of course, the value of evidence and proof far outweighs wild assertions and speculation, no doubt about it. One would have to be literally insane to believe otherwise. Yet every now and then some of these wild assertions end up evidenced so perhaps it would serve you well to humble yourself on occasion.

Perhaps your brains remedial reasoning capabilities along with your primitive technologies are not sufficient enough to grasp the empirical evidence that lays in waiting for intelligent observation. Was the earth round before or after it was proven?
They're not doing that though. 

Thats the problem.

I have NO problem making speculations, but people don't humble themselves when recognizing that their assertions are merely just that. Thats the frustrating part.

Having an opinion doesn't make it true, real or valid. Its just a thought. 

Lets separate random, half-reasoned thoughts from proven and validated proclamations. 

On top of that, until something is proven...then its just that. Unproven. Unsubstantiated. Unsupported. etc.

Just because you don't prove something doesn't mean what you think is wrong. It means that you haven't given legitimacy to your claim.

If I lived 2000 years ago and theorized the theory of relativity, but couldn't prove it, then too bad. If you can't validate it, then there is no reason to adopt the claim. 

Its just like court. 

If you're found not-guilty, that doesn't mean you're innocent. It just means you are NOT-guilty. You have to prove the claims you assert beyond a reason of doubt.

if your theory fails then its not universally applicable. Period. 

To anyone who gets mad at this, they should just do a better job of coming up with ideas. If that sucks, well its too bad. 

No.

Just like in the womb, we may not be ready to comprehend what happens on the next plane, and nothing that we do while here, can prepare us for the inevitable transition.

All we can do is to experience as many things as possible, so we can take that  wealth with us.

I'm playing devil's advocate here.
laugh.gif

No.

Just like in the womb, we may not be ready to comprehend what happens on the next plane, and nothing that we do while here, can prepare us for the inevitable transition.

All we can do is to experience as many things as possible, so we can take that  wealth with us.

I'm playing devil's advocate here.
laugh.gif
You assert that there is a next plane. Why do you assert this? You make it sound like you KNOW there is a next plane.

You can't go forward until you establish that you know there is a "next plane"

Babies in the womb would not be reasonable to assert that they know there is a life outside the womb. They have no evidence to assert that such a possibility exists. 

You assert that there is a next plane. Why do you assert this? You make it sound like you KNOW there is a next plane.

Babies in the womb would not be reasonable to assert that they know there is a life outside the womb. They have no evidence to assert that such a possibility exists. 
 HOPE.

This alone drives humanity. It's what forces us to coexist, in order to survive.

If I lived 2000 years ago and theorized the theory of relativity, but couldn't prove it, then too bad. If you can't validate it, then there is no reason to adopt the claim. 

If you developed the theory of relativity 2000 years ago and couldn't prove it to anyone who would it be too bad for? You or the people who refused to consider your theory? Imagine what you could have accomplished with that knowledge, regardless of who you were able to prove it to. I'd imagine your belief in such a wild assertion would benefit you to a great degree.

HOPE.

This alone drives humanity. It's what forces us to coexist, in order to survive.
Hope?

Nah. Try again.

I don't hope for things to be true. I'm better than that. I'm in pursuit of things that actually are. 

If you developed the theory of relativity 2000 years ago and couldn't prove it to anyone who would it be too bad for? You or the people who refused to consider your theory? Imagine what you could have accomplished with that knowledge, regardless of who you were able to prove it to. I'd imagine your belief in such a wild assertion would benefit you to a great degree.
See the thing is that if you can't prove your idea or back it up enough to prove it, then you aren't doing that thing a favor.

Thats why the court example works.

You have to PROVE what you're saying, otherwise, its just an unsubstantiated assertion with no backing. If you've ever had jury duty, you know what I'm talking about. 

The burden of proof rests on the person making the claim. 

Last edited:
Hope?

Nah. Try again.

I don't hope for things to be true. I'm better than that. I'm in pursuit of things that actually are. 
 Example, I hope they find solutions to the issues in the Middle East.

Is there anything wrong with that?

Evolution isn't an insinuation. Its a fact. Its the foundation of modern medicine and biology. Period.

Its observed in biology, ecology, anthropology, physiology, and genetics.

That's how I know how little you understand what science actually is. 

I'm asking where a soul is because you clearly say it exists. 

So where is it? 

Science "changing" doesn't mean a soul doesn't exist. However, you claim to have found it. Please show where it is and collect your Nobel Prize. 

You survived. 

And?

Would you rather have died?

You neglected the fact that YOU WERE IN THE ICU. That's MODERN MEDICINE.

How come you weren't praying to get better?

I'm PRETTY sure that hospital had something to do with it. 

Actually, if its true, it wouldn't matter if I believe in it. It would be true and there would be no debate about it.

Nope.

That makes no sense.

So god exists because you want god to exist.

So I guess spiderman isn't going to reveal himself to those who don't believe in him in the first place. 

What?

Belief is not subject to the will.

Something that is provable, testable, and falsifiable. 

The people in the ICU whose space you wasted while you were tripping out.

Yeah, next time, don't go to the ER like you did. Just go pray about it.

I guess doctors and scientists don't have feelings or live life to the fullest.

Because the mind is all there is to life right. 
eyes.gif

Actually, studies on prayer show it to be ineffective.

Feelings do have "proof" as they are linked by both brain activity patterns and systems of behavior that are typified and repeatedly observed, even among different cultures.

Good. That means that you're just going to make stuff up that you can't prove and believe it only because you want to believe in it.

I hope you're praying to the right god.

Right. I have to believe god exists for god to exist.

Do you see how little sense that makes? 

A UFO is an unidentified flying object. Thats anything from a stealth jet to ANYTHING that flies and you can't identify. 

From a rock in being thrown from the corner of your sight, OR a bird flying past in a blur. 

What is an angel?
This is why people clown you and toy with you.

So where is the actual evidence of evolution. Pics, recordings, something I can hold in my hand?  No, just the word of people.  Sounds familiar.  This is what I'm saying you don't possess your own logic.  Your logic comes from text books and the Internet.    Explore your brain for your own logic.  Science was a subject I loved and studied then I realized that the bases of it was just words on paper. 

I don't recall every claiming to now where the soul is, but I'm sure I got your brain tingling when I brought up DMT.

The said body in ICU was not mine.  So way to go on your continues mission to get yet another person to dislike you, and save the apology.  The said person died on the third day, because of a medication given to them by a doctor that said, "this will boost the immune system".  But it just shut the kidneys down immediately and created a very low blood pressure.  So if your a real studying doctor you know what that means, no dialysis.  So prayer nor medicine worked that day.  One things for sure medicine sped things up rapidly.

Rather it's true or not your asking for evidence of it.  Just like the cat said, "exactly what kind of evidence are you looking for". 

What I said makes perfect sense if you don't put nothing in you don't get nothing out.  Just like anything else in this world.

Just like feeling they've measured active brain activity during prayer, but I guess you missed that part.  The only proof that they have of both are lines on a screen, and colors on a brain scan.  There was a study tho about families that pray on a constant bases are better off financially compared to those that don't.

And no, you have to believe in God for him to prove himself.  He already exist.

Save your rebuttal, because your ICU comment has Highly upset me.  Had you been in my face when you said that I would've caught myself a case.  It's all good tho someone is going to pop your bubble in real life.

Last edited:
Thats a person. 

Actually...you're just a skin bag of floating chemistry on calcium scaffolding trying to figure out how to get your next nut.

When theres a bunch of you around, you have to find a way to make money so you can bust more nuts and eat a little better.

What does this have to do with the question I keep asking you? 

What is a soul and where is it?

If you're talking about something that doesn't have a definition, then you're not talking about anything.

SO???

How does this equate to what you say a "soul" is? 

You claim a soul exists.

What is a soul and where is it?
Come on, you're just dismissing my claims but agreeing with them, instead calling it a person. That's not fair. 

You say we only care about busting a nut and being better than people in our surroundings. How do babies have personalities? Why do kids do what they do and think about, pre-puberty, when sex isn't even on their mind and they know nothing of it. Why do certain people have certain dreams? It's more than a person.

Also, what about the scientists that come up with these theories and facts that you believe in? Why are they not worried about busting nuts? Why are they going out of their way to advance humanity when they should be focused on eating as much as they can and busting nuts. In your case, why do care so much about learning the truth? More than just a person.

The only thing you can't find is the location of the soul. 

Watched this show on the science channel about this scientist who wanted to prove if the soul does exist.

He weighed people who were on their death beds and weighed them after.  Results showed the body was 21 grams lighter after death.

He did the same experiment on a few dead dogs too, which had no loss of weight.

I forget what else they said, but I'm sure there was a scientific explanation for the change in weight

Why do you all continue to pay this guy sillyputty any attention?

Is damn near 4,000 posts in less than 3 months not indication enough that he has no life outside of the internet?

What more do you need to see how utterly useless and painfully pathetic of a person he is?

Why do you all even bother to be agitated by his maniacal ramblings on a website dedicated to sneakers?

Have we not all seen the picture of the socially awkward docile lamb trying his best to masquerade on Niketalk as an intellectual lion?

His whole life is "copy and paste"...

...why are you even acknowledging such foolishness?

Is damn near 4,000 posts in less than 3 months not indication enough that he has no life outside of the internet?
What more do you need to see how utterly useless and painfully pathetic of a person he is?
Why do you all even bother to be agitated by his maniacal ramblings on a website dedicated to sneakers?
Have we not all seen the picture of the socially awkward docile lamb trying his best to masquerade on Niketalk as an intellectual lion?
Sums it up perfect. There is no way in hell sillyputty has ever had contact with a woman, experienced love, or lives a happy fulfilling life. The proof is in his posts. People have to realize how ridiculous it is that he has so much posts in such a short time, how he looks for topics to pick on and can continue a debate for hours up to days by writing a thesis equipped with corny gifs and pictures he looks up online, NOBODY WHO HAS A LIFE OR FRIENDS WOULD BE ABLE TO, OR WOULD WANT TO DEDICATE TIME TO DO ALL OF THAT. So you can't get mad at him really, his life is punishment enough..Let him get his shine by speaking up online, because in person he clearly doesn't have a voice nor anybody to talk to..You can't take him and his psuedointelligence serious

So yea.. future md.. how do you explain evoulution nd its crazy jumps? How do they explain the dramatic change between the fossils they have to ours? Completely different structures.. we go from monkeys, beating our women over the head for sex nd making fire, to freaking geniuses who enslaved our own people nd made electricity.. save the whole science nd proof crap.. your built on theories nd fixing your mistakes.. so for all the question marks that are still out there, I fill in the blanks on my own.. with no proof. Nd I'm sure a lot of people feel that way.. you aren't any smarter than us

HOPE.

Hope does not force humanity to coexist so that we survive. Nor does it drive humanity. You need to brush up on your history and philosophy and then your history of philosophy.

RELLI45 shut it down, i'm not even going to make a pyramid with all that text, but seriously... in your final days, all the way up to your dying bed, I wonder if maybe you'll ever wish there was a god, and if you would experience an afterlife.

why do you have to be so mean? leave him alone dammit you bully.

CHUCH!!!! PREACH!!! TABARNACLE!!!

Any religion-type thread where you see that dude FutureMD post in the first page, stretches out to at least 6 pages. Just been noticing that.

Back
Top Bottom