Do people really believe in Angels?

i think his computer exploded or his head...i also found a picture of this guy he looks pretty smart and legit..

Last edited:
Hope does not force humanity to coexist so that we survive. Nor does it drive humanity. You need to brush up on your history and philosophy and then your history of philosophy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

At least Future MD was intellectually astute enough to understand that statement...you on the other hand, are simply too presumptuous to understand how foolish you are by even suggesting this.

I'm getting to the point where I really can't understand that in 2012, why its acceptable for people to think that its reasonable to think its ok to believe things TO BE TRUE, merely because you want them to be true.

:smokin Well said. I can't see how anyone can fight this point.

Like I axed earlier, you all say that you would rather "be safe" and believe that there is something up there so that when you die you reap the benefits. But that is essentially saying that you have doubts. How is that "true" faith? You are only doing it to to cover you butts.

But my thing is that you all believe that your God is so damn stupid to accept THAT reason as the reason why you believe in him. You know how selfish and self-centered he is. Why do you think that will be a valid reason to believe in him?

Putty, just post this in your sig and I think it would save you keystrokes.

Why do you all continue to pay this guy sillyputty any attention?
Is damn near 4,000 posts in less than 3 months not indication enough that he has no life outside of the internet?
What more do you need to see how utterly useless and painfully pathetic of a person he is?
Why do you all even bother to be agitated by his maniacal ramblings on a website dedicated to sneakers?
Have we not all seen the picture of the socially awkward docile lamb trying his best to masquerade on Niketalk as an intellectual lion?
His whole life is "copy and paste"...
...why are you even acknowledging such foolishness?
I don't like the way this came off.

If someone disagrees with some people here, they will always want to try and run people off. 

That's just not right.

Sums it up perfect. There is no way in hell sillyputty has ever had contact with a woman, experienced love, or lives a happy fulfilling life. The proof is in his posts. People have to realize how ridiculous it is that he has so much posts in such a short time, how he looks for topics to pick on and can continue a debate for hours up to days by writing a thesis equipped with corny gifs and pictures he looks up online, NOBODY WHO HAS A LIFE OR FRIENDS WOULD BE ABLE TO, OR WOULD WANT TO DEDICATE TIME TO DO ALL OF THAT. So you can't get mad at him really, his life is punishment enough..Let him get his shine by speaking up online, because in person he clearly doesn't have a voice nor anybody to talk to..You can't take him and his psuedointelligence serious
Here's the real question, it seems that you know quite a bit about Future, and you've sat down and then done the exact same thing, that you suggest that he's doing.

So how does that make you any different from him? 

Here's the real question, it seems that you know quite a bit about Future, and you've sat down and then done the exact same thing, that you suggest that he's doing.

So how does that make you any different from him? 
I've sat down and done the same thing he has done? Look at all my posts and show me where I dedicated time to address anyone on a constant basis with long posts filled with contrdictions and foolishness. you're defending him multiple times on this page lol why don't you hop off?

they're aliens

I've sat down and done the same thing he has done? Look at all my posts and show me where I dedicated time to address anyone on a constant basis with long posts filled with contrdictions and foolishness. you're defending him multiple times on this page lol why don't you hop off?
What we are discussing is intent, and you were simply piling on, in the attempt to hurt someone's feelings.

Hop off? I'll defend anyone's right to their opinion, even yours.

RELLI45 shut it down, i'm not even going to make a pyramid with all that text, but seriously... in your final days, all the way up to your dying bed, I wonder if maybe you'll ever wish there was a god, and if you would experience an afterlife.
What?

I don't wish I know and I've experienced what he is all about.  I ask in detail and he delivers.  Sometimes with no effort at all on my part.  As long as what I ask for lines up with his word he delivers everytime

People do have a soul its those unique brainwaves we cant copy its the bio electric signature that we all have thats unique to us if you want to get scientific.

Hope?

Nah. Try again.

I don't hope for things to be true. I'm better than that. I'm in pursuit of things that actually are. 
 Example, I hope they find solutions to the issues in the Middle East.

Is there anything wrong with that?
Thats a difference.

You want them to find an outcome to a problem.

Making an assertion as to what you claim to KNOW there is an afterlife or that you KNOW XYZ, without actually being able to substantiate it? Then yes, we have a problem. 

Wanting something, is different from asserting unsubstantiated/unproven/unsupported claims. 

Evolution isn't an insinuation. Its a fact. Its the foundation of modern medicine and biology. Period.

Its observed in biology, ecology, anthropology, physiology, and genetics.

That's how I know how little you understand what science actually is. 

I'm asking where a soul is because you clearly say it exists. 

So where is it? 

Science "changing" doesn't mean a soul doesn't exist. However, you claim to have found it. Please show where it is and collect your Nobel Prize. 

You survived. 

And?

Would you rather have died?

You neglected the fact that YOU WERE IN THE ICU. That's MODERN MEDICINE.

How come you weren't praying to get better?

I'm PRETTY sure that hospital had something to do with it. 

Actually, if its true, it wouldn't matter if I believe in it. It would be true and there would be no debate about it.

Nope.

That makes no sense.

So god exists because you want god to exist.

So I guess spiderman isn't going to reveal himself to those who don't believe in him in the first place. 

What?

Belief is not subject to the will.

Something that is provable, testable, and falsifiable. 

The people in the ICU whose space you wasted while you were tripping out.

Yeah, next time, don't go to the ER like you did. Just go pray about it.

I guess doctors and scientists don't have feelings or live life to the fullest.

Because the mind is all there is to life right. 
eyes.gif

Actually, studies on prayer show it to be ineffective.

Feelings do have "proof" as they are linked by both brain activity patterns and systems of behavior that are typified and repeatedly observed, even among different cultures.

Good. That means that you're just going to make stuff up that you can't prove and believe it only because you want to believe in it.

I hope you're praying to the right god.

Right. I have to believe god exists for god to exist.

Do you see how little sense that makes? 

A UFO is an unidentified flying object. Thats anything from a stealth jet to ANYTHING that flies and you can't identify. 

From a rock in being thrown from the corner of your sight, OR a bird flying past in a blur. 

What is an angel?
This is why people clown you and toy with you.

So where is the actual evidence of evolution. Pics, recordings, something I can hold in my hand?  No, just the word of people.  Sounds familiar.  This is what I'm saying you don't possess your own logic.  Your logic comes from text books and the Internet.    Explore your brain for your own logic.  Science was a subject I loved and studied then I realized that the bases of it was just words on paper. 
Just the word of people?

HAVE YOU TAKEN AN INTRODUCTORY BIOLOGY CLASS?

ITS OBSERVABLE IN THE WILD, IN LABS AND EVEN ON A MICROSCOPIC LEVEL BETWEEN GENERATIONS OF ALL SPECIES.

You're asking where evidence of evolution is? 

Hilarious.

Don't blame me for the gaps in your education. 

If you want to LEARN what evolution is, PLEASE just ask. I have no problem TEACHING you.

But don't say something as utterly ridiculous as, "well where is evidence of evolution I can hold in my hand?"

Are you freaking kidding me? 
roll.gif

I don't recall every claiming to now where the soul is, but I'm sure I got your brain tingling when I brought up DMT.
You actually didn't get anything "tingling.

DMT is a chemical that we dont fully understand, but it alone does not indiciate "the supernatural"

Does a mind altering chemical like bath salts or cocaine indicate "god" too? 

Changing brain chemistry doesn't indicate anything more supernatural than getting drunk does. 
The said body in ICU was not mine.
Now the back track.

You said YOU were in the ICU. 

You didn't even have the sense to edit the comment before you said this outright lie. 
roll.gif

http://niketalk.com/t/509613/do-people-really-believe-in-angels/150#post_16395975
Originally Posted by RELLI45  

But to stop toying with you, and beating around the bush.  Not like your going to try to understand anyway.  I spent three days in ICU literally three entire days.   It was all good until the wee morning of the third day and all hope was out the window, and from that point until the end the lights where trippin for the entire time.  After it was all said and done everything went back to normal.  But I'm sure there was some type of scientific explanation, right?  The electricians where doing some work.
Who said that? You? 
roll.gif

So way to go on your continues mission to get yet another person to dislike you, and save the apology.  The said person died on the third day, because of a medication given to them by a doctor that said, "this will boost the immune system".  But it just shut the kidneys down immediately and created a very low blood pressure.  So if your a real studying doctor you know what that means, no dialysis.  So prayer nor medicine worked that day.  One things for sure medicine sped things up rapidly.
So whats the problem here?

I'm sorry the person that wasn't originally you, died, but how does that relate to anything regarding the existence of angels?

If you're so upset, maybe you shouldn't have lied about who was in the hospital.

BTW, not all medication will work all the time. 

Unless if you think you have a wrongful death lawsuit on your hands, then take it up with the courts. 

What does this have to do with me? 
Rather it's true or not your asking for evidence of it.  Just like the cat said, "exactly what kind of evidence are you looking for". 
Its pretty simple.

If you assert something, back it up.

You're talking about there being "good and bad spirits, but aren't backing up what you mean by that. 

Do better. 
What I said makes perfect sense if you don't put nothing in you don't get nothing out.  Just like anything else in this world.
More poetry.

Do you actually mean to support anything you're saying? 
Just like feeling they've measured active brain activity during prayer, but I guess you missed that part. 
That doesn't mean prayer works. ANYTHING YOU DO registers some sort of brain activity. Talking to yourself does the same thing. Thinking that someone is there, does the same thing. 

Plus, since you're the budding neuroscientist, tell me the location on the brain where such activity occurs. 

There is no "god" in human brains. Its merely a part of the brain where people seem to activate when they're likely to be talking to themselves or having deep introspection.

That says NOTHING about the external existence of a such a deity, god, or anything supernatural.
The only proof that they have of both are lines on a screen, and colors on a brain scan.  There was a study tho about families that pray on a constant bases are better off financially compared to those that don't.
Its hilarious that you have written off the annals of science instead to make ridiculous claims about...scientific studies. 

Oh, and there is no such proof backing that up.

Unless you really believe god cares about the finances (the christian god) of people that pray more than those that don't.

I guess thats why there are so many poor muslims, right... 
laugh.gif

And no, you have to believe in God for him to prove himself.  He already exist.
Major assertion there.

Do you want to back it up? 
roll.gif

Save your rebuttal, because your ICU comment has Highly upset me.  Had you been in my face when you said that I would've caught myself a case.  It's all good tho someone is going to pop your bubble in real life.
I don't care what "highly upset you"

You were the one who said you were in the ICU and that instead of passing away, you actually lived.

So lets see...was that prayer that saved you...THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT OF A MODERN HOSPITAL?! 
roll.gif

Oh...but wait, it wasn't you  who was talking in the first place...it was someone else you forgot to mention... 
grin.gif

Last edited:
So yea.. future md.. how do you explain evoulution nd its crazy jumps? 
Such as? The precambrian explosion? I'm not completely sure. There are gaps, for sure, but there is bound to be problems when piecing together the existence of things that have since died. 
How do they explain the dramatic change between the fossils they have to ours? C
What? 
Completely different structures.. we go from monkeys, beating our women over the head for sex nd making fire, to freaking geniuses who enslaved our own people nd made electricity..
We grew bigger brains, mostly neocortex, (encephalization) and spent less time in the womb as a result. The womans vaginal canal got smaller as we started walking more upright. Depending on where you live, you have a certain percentage of DNA that share some origin with pre-hominid species like denisovians or neanderthals. 
 save the whole science nd proof crap..
So I should make a religious argument instead?
 your built on theories nd fixing your mistakes.. so for all the question marks that are still out there, I fill in the blanks on my own.. with no proof. Nd I'm sure a lot of people feel that way.. you aren't any smarter than us
You've got to be kidding me.

You "fill in your own blanks" without any proof?  

How does this make ANY sense?

Someone should make a thread about the soul and death. Crazy that we have no clue what is beyond dying like period.

RELLI45 shut it down, i'm not even going to make a pyramid with all that text, but seriously... in your final days, all the way up to your dying bed, I wonder if maybe you'll ever wish there was a god, and if you would experience an afterlife.
Why?

Wanting to keep living just because you...want to?

That doesn't make any sense.

It seems kinda selfish for you to want to keep living when you're so close to death, only because you don't want to "go" yet. 

Plus, whatever you "wonder" about doesn't make it more real.

Get this through your head: Having an idea about something does not make it true, real, or valid. 

Watched this show on the science channel about this scientist who wanted to prove if the soul does exist.

He weighed people who were on their death beds and weighed them after.  Results showed the body was 21 grams lighter after death.

He did the same experiment on a few dead dogs too, which had no loss of weight.

I forget what else they said, but I'm sure there was a scientific explanation for the change in weight
I've heard what you're talking about. Snopes says the fact that the guy tested this was true, but there are some major questions surrounding the methodology. http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

Also, efforts to repeat it, haven't lead to positive outcomes. 

There were only 6 trials and 2 of them had to be discarded, and the remaining 4 had a range of responses.

Also, when you're sliding things across a scale, the reading is off because the center of gravity gets shifted. 

There is another notion that the researcher didn't account for the loss of condensation within the lungs, where as dogs cool themselves by panting anyways: 

http://rationallyspeaking.blogspot.com/2007/03/does-soul-weigh-21-grams.html

Plus, if anything, it appears to be the "god of the gaps" argument whereby if you can't immediately explain something, which in this case doesn't matter because its bad science, then god must have done it. 

Mythbusters also claimed that they'd never study it because its a little unethical: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/top-ten/never/never.html

But that doesn't stop people from manufacturing a controversy whenever science gives you an answer they don't like. They are happy using cars and computers and medicine, but will cling obscure century old ambiguous result because it tells you what you want to hear. Its confirmation bias.

Last edited:
Thats a person. 

Actually...you're just a skin bag of floating chemistry on calcium scaffolding trying to figure out how to get your next nut.

When theres a bunch of you around, you have to find a way to make money so you can bust more nuts and eat a little better.

What does this have to do with the question I keep asking you? 

What is a soul and where is it?

If you're talking about something that doesn't have a definition, then you're not talking about anything.

SO???

How does this equate to what you say a "soul" is? 

You claim a soul exists.

What is a soul and where is it?
Come on, you're just dismissing my claims but agreeing with them, instead calling it a person. That's not fair. 
What are you talking about?

It is an individual. A human being. Thats not a soul. You changing the name for "person" doesn't make it just then "a soul" 

You say we only care about busting a nut and being better than people in our surroundings. How do babies have personalities? Why do kids do what they do and think about, pre-puberty, when sex isn't even on their mind and they know nothing of it. Why do certain people have certain dreams? It's more than a person.
WHAT???

How do babies have personalities?

Its their brains, silly.

Do you think kids are just little robots with no means of thinking?

Sex isn't on their mind because of the hormonal changes hat haven't taken place.

People have dreams based on their experiences.

Its all just people with complex brains sucking in tons of different stimuli, trying to make sense of things. 

What are you talking about dude? 

This isn't magic. 
Also, what about the scientists that come up with these theories and facts that you believe in? Why are they not worried about busting nuts? Why are they going out of their way to advance humanity when they should be focused on eating as much as they can and busting nuts. In your case, why do care so much about learning the truth? More than just a person.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

People can be dedicated to learning more about life and how to improve it. 

And they don't come up with "theories I just believe in." I'm not into blind faith. I'm in to observing studies and gathering proof. They don't just make **** up and then ask people to believe it.

Peer review is real. If the results aren't true or can't be replicated then its not actual science. 

What is wrong with you? 
The only thing you can't find is the location of the soul. 
If you assert that a soul exists, where is it and what is it?

Stop dancing and answer the question. 

Last edited:
According to some, beliefs are more important than theories. If they choose to reject fact so be it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back
Top Bottom