do you REALLY care about whether or not a girl can cook?

I can throw down like no other in the kitchen, but when it comes to the wifey knowing how to cook is mandatory.

My mother has even gone as far to say that she would never bless my marriage If I married a woman who couldn't cook
laugh.gif

My girl right now is a beast in the kitchen. Got me dead set on marrying a Nigerian chick
laugh.gif

For everyone who does care, how were you all eating before? It would only matter to me if we were living together, but if not you should be able to make dojust the way you were doing beforehand.

I cook for myself and I have a bunch of tips and tricks I use to get food tasting delicious for people. I want the same thing in my girl, I dont want to cookevery time we stay in and I dont want to eat out at restaurants all the time.

Home cooked meals are delicious and I wont be able to last too long in a relationship where I dont get any.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

For everyone who does care, how were you all eating before? It would only matter to me if we were living together, but if not you should be able to make do just the way you were doing beforehand.
Yea but who WANTS to go back and do what they were doing while they are single? Nobody is saying that we NEED a woman to cook because we can't(well some are, but I am not). I don't want to cook everyday for the family/her. I don't WANT. WANT. WANT. Didn't say I couldn't if I had to.What is the harm in having a backcourt in which both of your guards are lethal scorers?

I would rather have Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars (Two scorers)
Than Jason Kidd and Jimmy Jackson (1 scorer)

So YES, it does matter. But the issue I have is women today feel as though they don't NEED to learn. They don't WANT to be taught. That is the issue Ihave with some women

DCAllAmerican has been $ the past couple of days..i cosign and strongly agree with everything you just said..aint nothing better than cooking up love in thekitchen WITH the person you love. I dont mind making it a team effort. And every once in awile my wife makes food and feeds our child and my son says "iwant the big piece of steak" and his moms say "no thats for daddy"Later that day, i come home to some food on the table with the biggest pieceof steak left for me..thats that love, ladies and gentlemen
pimp.gif

my dad cooks and provides income, so he can prove the stereotype wrong.

i can cook a bit, but i definitely appreciate that i can live off my girl's cooking.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So YES, it does matter. But the issue I have is women today feel as though they don't NEED to learn. They don't WANT to be taught. That is the issue I have with some women
QFT.... I dont understand why someone wouldnt WANT to be able to cook....just so they can pull the feminist card when a man asks them to cook. IMOyou're not independent if you can't cook, period. Women should be able to cook, change a tire, etc. and so should men.

it matters i dont want to come home after work and there is nothing to eat. my girl didnt know how to cook when i meet her but she learned
pimp.gif
she gets a + for that

You never care about whether or not a girl can cook until you've dated a girl who can't cook.

I'm not asking for dinner every night, but it's nice to get a home-made meal at least once a week.

And that goes for the guys, too. If you want your girl to cook for you, then you should learn to cook for her as well.

I can't cook for $*%%. There. I said it. So what. Ok, so it's more along the lines of I don't cook. I have a degree in biology, following a recipebook isn't much different. But I don't enjoy it, at all. So I just don't do it. Don't need to, husband enjoys it so he does it. When hedoesn't feel like cooking I throw in a pizza or order take out
laugh.gif
Someone has to pay the bills and clean and for the time being that person is me.

I wouldn't even want to be bothered with a chick if she didn't know how to cook, that's what seperates a girl from a woman. For all you dudessaying it doesn't matter or it's not a big deal I truly feel sorry for you, you have no idea what your missing out on, and for all you females sayingthat cooking is not important get use to being alone quite possibly for the rest of your life.

Now on the flip side, there are some things a man should know how to do as well, housework, being able to change the oil and tires on a car, stuff like that. Nothing wrong with a man knowing how to cook, I know how to cook for myself and I use to watch B. Garvin on BET to try new things
happy.gif
. Alot of the problem with cooking is that females simply don't want tolearn which is the root of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom