do you REALLY care about whether or not a girl can cook?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ehhh not really, I could do it myself...I know how to cook! But if she doesn't know how to cook sheshould be able to compensate for something else...
devil.gif
[/color]

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Nyota de la star wrote:

Mom always joking about how we're not gonna find a husband if we can't cook.
laugh.gif

Could care less though, being a wife is overrated and boring.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

thats what you saying right now.

Nahh. I'll stick to it.
laugh.gif

Just watching my mom...sometimes I wonder if she really is happy. Maybe she is but I don't want that life.

you trying to be a j/o your whole life?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I can cook very well, so girlfriends don't have to know how to cook, but if they trying to be wifey then they gotta be able to put it down.

probably why she's cheating on you, too.
With a big black dude.
I guess this is where I respond mad and then you guys post a "are you mad" pic, how predictable.

YES IM MAD!
mad.gif

you kids are funny.

One thing I dont have to worry about when it comes to my relationship is the other person cheating.
I offer too much to her to wanna be fool around or get with someone else.

I take care of her family and mine, thats 6 people and my real close friends know I got them for life.
wink.gif

Also "& Clean" should be added to the title, cuz to be honest its a package deal as far as im concerned.

That said, in my home i pay for everything, so the cooking and cleaning part really is just her bringing something to the table.

Mom always joking about how we're not gonna find a husband if we can't cook.
laugh.gif

Could care less though, being a wife is overrated and boring.

thats what you saying right now.
Is that how you really feel, youve made that choice to not get married and just date the rest of your life? or whatever the situation you wanna bein.

I dont know how old you are, prolly not any older then 25 but your too young to feel that way, seems like you say that because you see/think your mom isnthappy, not everyone ends up that way. you can make your own choices in life, if your married for 10 years and arent happy and you think you can be happier byyourself, divorce.

Yes and no. I can BURN so it ain't no thang. I hold it down over a stove. But.......... nothing says wifey like a home cooked meal and what not.. let'sjust be real
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Do I really care?

YES. It's very appreciated. It's not necessarily a deal breaker tho but I really don't want to hear the stupid reasons for why you can't cook.

Anyway for all you females about to post how you don't cook or clean and your man loves to cook for you and all that bs just remember how lucky you are and hope it lasts forever.

co-sign

its hella points if she does....ill appreciate a home cooked meal since i rarely get em, but if she cant cook, oh well *shrugs* Ive gotten by without her beingable to.

I usually cook once or twice a week since two jobs and school take a lot of my time. I cook for the week and im good. Naturally when i settle down I dont planon working as much so that way I will have more time to cook.

i think everyone (not just females) should be able to cook. its pathetic that so many people these days can't even make rice without a rice cooker

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

i think everyone (not just females) should be able to cook. its pathetic that so many people these days can't even make rice without a rice cooker

DI LE MIJA DI LE!

For real.

I learned to cook young as hell. Girls need to get off that "independent woman" Sasha Fierce bull !%+# androll up them sleeves and put in work in the kitchen too. Same for dudes though.

I don't see why the only options should be either I cook or we go out to eat or get take-out. That !%+# is expensive.

I see my best friends uncle, he's in his late 30's. He got married in like '01. He still goes back to my boys house and has his mom (my boysgrandma) cook and serve he AND his wife because she won't touch a stove unless it's to remove what grandma cooked.

But you better believe she stays flossed up in the newest Gucci, Coach, LV bags and heels though.

!%+# is sad. I'll be damned if I had a girl like that.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Girls need to get off that "independent woman" Sasha Fierce bull !%+# and roll up them sleeves and put in work in the kitchen too. Same for dudes though.

the funny thing about this is...how independent can you really be if you cant even cook a meal for yourself? $#%@ is pathetic

I grew up in SC. Until 5 years ago I didn't know of a device called a rice cooker. Straight pot, water , and rice is how I learned.

i think everyone (not just females) should be able to cook.
No BS, I came in here to post the EXACT same thing. Nobody is asking you to try out for Top Chef. But if your bum *** can't follow a recipe,you need to go somewhere. I cooked some Shrimp Bisque when I was in the 8th grade, you telling me your grown behind can't follow a Lasagna recipe. F outtahere.

Some of ya'll are gonna be tight as hell when you're like 30+ and you're like "Honey, I'm hungry..."

And she throws a pile of Take-out menus on your lap.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

cooking's easy. just follow directions on a recipe.

girls who "can't cook" are just lazy/unwilling to put in the work.

and yea, i do care if my girl will cook for me

*thumbs up*

Originally Posted by Stixx

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Do I really care?

YES. It's very appreciated. It's not necessarily a deal breaker tho but I really don't want to hear the stupid reasons for why you can't cook.

Anyway for all you females about to post how you don't cook or clean and your man loves to cook for you and all that bs just remember how lucky you are and hope it lasts forever.

co-sign

^ Double Co-sign. I didn't know how to cook but after dating so many girls who didn't cook for me (only one did and it was an out of the box recipe butdefinitely appreciated). I decided to learn on my own, so if I can do it then she should be open and wiling to do the same. I can also fix up stuff around thehouse, car related, and other maintenance related stuff. Therefore, it's only fair that she should put forth her share of effort and work if we were to bemarried (or even seriously committed after x number of years).

i was just wondering the other day how the hell do you make rice without a rice cooker...
laugh.gif

i haven't had rice in years tho...outside of chinese food which i've had like 4 times in the last few yeasrs...not really a fan of it...

i can make what i eat...

i can cook up some decent @#$% but it would be appreciated if my girl could cook as well. that way we could switch off and all that

Back
Top Bottom