Do you think Enlisting in the Military is noble?

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

laugh.gif

One sentence to comprehend and you couldn't even understand it.

You dumb, kid.
I pity you.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

there is a thing called getting a job, that doesn't require college or military.  I chose military and didn't want college why is this confusing?  did you serve? guess not.

There's this thing called college you know that place where you're supposed to go after high school. Did you go? guess not.
laugh.gif

Naw in all seriousness:You said you enlisted because you "wanted" as if you're doing it because you have nothing better to do. But in reality you probably did it because without a college degree you weren't able to support yourself financially. Am I right?

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

laugh.gif

One sentence to comprehend and you couldn't even understand it.

You dumb, kid.
I pity you.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

there is a thing called getting a job, that doesn't require college or military.  I chose military and didn't want college why is this confusing?  did you serve? guess not.

There's this thing called college you know that place where you're supposed to go after high school. Did you go? guess not.
laugh.gif

Naw in all seriousness:You said you enlisted because you "wanted" as if you're doing it because you have nothing better to do. But in reality you probably did it because without a college degree you weren't able to support yourself financially. Am I right?

Not inherently, but it can be. If you do it for the right reasons (genuine interest, wanting to defend the country, etc.) but if you do it as a way to escape your problems then its not noble, but their sacrifice is still appreciated. I know at my school alot of people are trying to become military officers as a way to ride out the bad economy.

Not inherently, but it can be. If you do it for the right reasons (genuine interest, wanting to defend the country, etc.) but if you do it as a way to escape your problems then its not noble, but their sacrifice is still appreciated. I know at my school alot of people are trying to become military officers as a way to ride out the bad economy.

I enlisted in the Navy because I have a heart to serve my country.

Is it noble? Depends on the person enlisting regardless of what branch.

I enlisted in the Navy because I have a heart to serve my country.

Is it noble? Depends on the person enlisting regardless of what branch.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Depends on your reasoning. There are a lot of people who want to serve their country because its something they've always wanted to do while there are others who use the military as a crutch to escape whatever bad situation they are in.
a lot of people join for this reason alone...i know quite a bit who are in the military and only a handful went cause they truly wanted to serve their country 

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Depends on your reasoning. There are a lot of people who want to serve their country because its something they've always wanted to do while there are others who use the military as a crutch to escape whatever bad situation they are in.
a lot of people join for this reason alone...i know quite a bit who are in the military and only a handful went cause they truly wanted to serve their country 

Most of you kids sound scared and don't really know what you're talking about. Myself, I did my stint in the Marines for 4 years and got out honorably. I got about 40K for school, free medical, and get a home loan from the VA with no interest and no down payment up front. It laid the foundation for my life, not just financially but morally and physically too. I gladly volunteered and I would never take back those years. I'll do it again and again. I'm up for some good work. It pays off and feels good when you earn your @#$@ instead of having it handed to you. Plus, now I can work smarter and not harder.

You're not a man until you can stand on your own two feet.

There's nothing wrong with not joining if you don't want to either. It's a personal choice but, people who speak badly about the military are ignorant, which breeds fear, and that breeds utter stupidity. It's like being an ungrateful child with no sense. If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

Countries need soldiers because wars will ALWAYS exist no matter what. It is naturally in human nature to be violent. The smallest organisms are violet. It's in us. The indians were freely and peacefully living in Native America when the pilgrims came and plumaged there existence. Mexico's Mayans were fine until the Spaniards came in herds with their silver weapons and black slaves. There's been so many civilizations in history that didn't have organized armies that were obliterated because of it. So some of you saying that "no soldiers = no wars" don't know what you're talking about. I'd hate to be under your leadership. If you're feeling the sting from what I just typed, then you're exactly who I'm talking to. Learn something.

Most of you kids sound scared and don't really know what you're talking about. Myself, I did my stint in the Marines for 4 years and got out honorably. I got about 40K for school, free medical, and get a home loan from the VA with no interest and no down payment up front. It laid the foundation for my life, not just financially but morally and physically too. I gladly volunteered and I would never take back those years. I'll do it again and again. I'm up for some good work. It pays off and feels good when you earn your @#$@ instead of having it handed to you. Plus, now I can work smarter and not harder.

You're not a man until you can stand on your own two feet.

There's nothing wrong with not joining if you don't want to either. It's a personal choice but, people who speak badly about the military are ignorant, which breeds fear, and that breeds utter stupidity. It's like being an ungrateful child with no sense. If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

Countries need soldiers because wars will ALWAYS exist no matter what. It is naturally in human nature to be violent. The smallest organisms are violet. It's in us. The indians were freely and peacefully living in Native America when the pilgrims came and plumaged there existence. Mexico's Mayans were fine until the Spaniards came in herds with their silver weapons and black slaves. There's been so many civilizations in history that didn't have organized armies that were obliterated because of it. So some of you saying that "no soldiers = no wars" don't know what you're talking about. I'd hate to be under your leadership. If you're feeling the sting from what I just typed, then you're exactly who I'm talking to. Learn something.

I enlisted with no bonus and shipped out to Iraq 2 months after basic. 2 tours as an Infantryman and having the time of my life. Plus i got  more money than most of yall on here and dont live with my parents, so all you losers grow some balls and fight for your country you cowards. Plus I'll retire by the Time im 40 and never have to work again in my life and push the latest model escalades and take vacations to foreign countries every six months. Some of yall might not call that noble..dont worry I dont either...I call it Ballin!!!

I enlisted with no bonus and shipped out to Iraq 2 months after basic. 2 tours as an Infantryman and having the time of my life. Plus i got  more money than most of yall on here and dont live with my parents, so all you losers grow some balls and fight for your country you cowards. Plus I'll retire by the Time im 40 and never have to work again in my life and push the latest model escalades and take vacations to foreign countries every six months. Some of yall might not call that noble..dont worry I dont either...I call it Ballin!!!

everyone i know that enlisted did it because it was their best option out of high school

everyone i know that enlisted did it because it was their best option out of high school

Originally Posted by A Beautiful Wave

What's noble about being someone's pond used by people of higher power to benefit a certain few financially? You ain't saving us from the Nazi's fam
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by A Beautiful Wave

What's noble about being someone's pond used by people of higher power to benefit a certain few financially? You ain't saving us from the Nazi's fam
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

For whatever reasons they join, be it willingness to serve their country or financial benefits, it's still noble to me.
It's more noble than some of the decisions some people make when they're in a bad situations.
One man or woman that joins the military could possibly change the course of their entire family from then on...

For whatever reasons they join, be it willingness to serve their country or financial benefits, it's still noble to me.
It's more noble than some of the decisions some people make when they're in a bad situations.
One man or woman that joins the military could possibly change the course of their entire family from then on...

I did it because I don't like school..

I enlisted because I want to do get away, have a stable job, and get help to pursue more life goals.

I didn't think one bit about whether it was right or not, it was what I wanted to do.

Back
Top Bottom