Do you think Enlisting in the Military is noble?

I did it because I don't like school..

I enlisted because I want to do get away, have a stable job, and get help to pursue more life goals.

I didn't think one bit about whether it was right or not, it was what I wanted to do.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Most of you kids sound scared and don't really know what you're talking about. Myself, I did my stint in the Marines for 4 years and got out honorably. I got about 40K for school, free medical, and get a home loan from the VA with no interest and no down payment up front. It laid the foundation for my life, not just financially but morally and physically too. I gladly volunteered and I would never take back those years. I'll do it again and again. I'm up for some good work. It pays off and feels good when you earn your @#$@ instead of having it handed to you. Plus, now I can work smarter and not harder.

You're not a man until you can stand on your own two feet.

There's nothing wrong with not joining if you don't want to either. It's a personal choice but, people who speak badly about the military are ignorant, which breeds fear, and that breeds utter stupidity. It's like being an ungrateful child with no sense. If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

Countries need soldiers because wars will ALWAYS exist no matter what. It is naturally in human nature to be violent. The smallest organisms are violet. It's in us. The indians were freely and peacefully living in Native America when the pilgrims came and plumaged there existence. Mexico's Mayans were fine until the Spaniards came in herds with their silver weapons and black slaves. There's been so many civilizations in history that didn't have organized armies that were obliterated because of it. So some of you saying that "no soldiers = no wars" don't know what you're talking about. I'd hate to be under your leadership. If you're feeling the sting from what I just typed, then you're exactly who I'm talking to. Learn something.
Were you even in combat at all ?
I respect the ones that actually go in the front line only because their works actually count.

My Marines buddies are soft . They were never in combat and sound exactly like you

Most of you kids sound scared and don't really know what you're talking about. Myself, I did my stint in the Marines for 4 years and got out honorably. I got about 40K for school, free medical, and get a home loan from the VA with no interest and no down payment up front. It laid the foundation for my life, not just financially but morally and physically too. I gladly volunteered and I would never take back those years. I'll do it again and again. I'm up for some good work. It pays off and feels good when you earn your @#$@ instead of having it handed to you. Plus, now I can work smarter and not harder.

There's nothing wrong with not joining if you don't want to either. It's a personal choice but, people who speak badly about the military are ignorant, which breeds fear, and that breeds utter stupidity. It's like being an ungrateful child with no sense. If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

Countries need soldiers because wars will ALWAYS exist no matter what. It is naturally in human nature to be violent. The smallest organisms are violet. It's in us. The indians were freely and peacefully living in Native America when the pilgrims came and plumaged there existence. Mexico's Mayans were fine until the Spaniards came in herds with their silver weapons and black slaves. There's been so many civilizations in history that didn't have organized armies that were obliterated because of it. So some of you saying that "no soldiers = no wars" don't know what you're talking about. I'd hate to be under your leadership. If you're feeling the sting from what I just typed, then you're exactly who I'm talking to. Learn something.
Were you even in combat at all ?
I respect the ones that actually go in the front line only because their works actually count.

My Marines buddies are soft . They were never in combat and sound exactly like you

Originally Posted by PopTrunkWave

I enlisted with no bonus and shipped out to Iraq 2 months after basic. 2 tours as an Infantryman and having the time of my life. Plus i got  more money than most of yall on here and dont live with my parents, so all you losers grow some balls and fight for your country you cowards. Plus I'll retire by the Time im 40 and never have to work again in my life and push the latest model escalades and take vacations to foreign countries every six months. Some of yall might not call that noble..dont worry I dont either...I call it Ballin!!!
I fel like writing all of that too
laugh.gif

I want to keep working after I get out though; open up a restaurant actually
pimp.gif

I respect you man, Infantry that is something I might get out of the Air Force to do either that or a Ranger

Originally Posted by PopTrunkWave

I enlisted with no bonus and shipped out to Iraq 2 months after basic. 2 tours as an Infantryman and having the time of my life. Plus i got  more money than most of yall on here and dont live with my parents, so all you losers grow some balls and fight for your country you cowards. Plus I'll retire by the Time im 40 and never have to work again in my life and push the latest model escalades and take vacations to foreign countries every six months. Some of yall might not call that noble..dont worry I dont either...I call it Ballin!!!
I fel like writing all of that too
laugh.gif

I want to keep working after I get out though; open up a restaurant actually
pimp.gif

I respect you man, Infantry that is something I might get out of the Air Force to do either that or a Ranger

how can you call it volunteering and then say u got 40k and other benefits? 

Then you say it pays off when you work for something and then mention that you arent working hard but smart? So you basically didnt do much and got paid for it? 
If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

u sound exactly like every other dude i know that came out the army

the current prison population in the US makes enough license plates to go around

smh.gif
 @ comparing WWII soldiers to modern mercenaries

Then you say it pays off when you work for something and then mention that you arent working hard but smart? So you basically didnt do much and got paid for it? 
If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

u sound exactly like every other dude i know that came out the army

the current prison population in the US makes enough license plates to go around

smh.gif
 @ comparing WWII soldiers to modern mercenaries

the Mayan civilization collapsed in 900 AD. Spaniards arrived  in the 1500s 
grin.gif
Lets not confuse our ancient civilizations  now

the Mayan civilization collapsed in 900 AD. Spaniards arrived  in the 1500s 
grin.gif
Lets not confuse our ancient civilizations  now

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Pretty sure active military service is considered volunteering in this country. They are volunteering to risk losing their lives. If it was involuntary, there would be a draft.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Pretty sure active military service is considered volunteering in this country. They are volunteering to risk losing their lives. If it was involuntary, there would be a draft.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Is NT even mature enough for a question like this...***Looks at the majority of the responses*** So far the jury is out. With that said, the beauty of the all-volunteer Armed Forces model is that for the most part people who come in either want to do so, OR have limited options in life. The conscription/compulsory model which basically forces people to serve which can have a negative affect on overall morale and effectiveness. An exception to that is Israel, they follow a compulsory model, but their sense of pride and amazing esprit de corps overcomes the usual challenges found when citizens are required to serve.

Is it noble? Well that depends on the individual. Enlistment paves the way for the Non-Commissioned Officer which are the day to day hands on leaders of our military. Those are very commendable and honorable positions and the only way you can get there is by rising up through the ranks as a young soldier, Marine, Airman, or Sailor. The most cliche phrase often used is "Freedom isn't Free", well there is more than just a modicum of truth to that statement...there MUST be some form of sacrifice in order for us Americans to enjoy and benefit from the freedoms we have. Ironically those who "fight" for our freedom have the least amount of freedom when they are serving. They have to follow orders and be places they sometimes do not want to be or else be subject to a Uniform Code of Military Justice infraction which can be severe. So in my opinion, and I am not saying everyone should agree, yes it is very noble...whether they went in with that intention or not.

Is NT even mature enough for a question like this...***Looks at the majority of the responses*** So far the jury is out. With that said, the beauty of the all-volunteer Armed Forces model is that for the most part people who come in either want to do so, OR have limited options in life. The conscription/compulsory model which basically forces people to serve which can have a negative affect on overall morale and effectiveness. An exception to that is Israel, they follow a compulsory model, but their sense of pride and amazing esprit de corps overcomes the usual challenges found when citizens are required to serve.

Is it noble? Well that depends on the individual. Enlistment paves the way for the Non-Commissioned Officer which are the day to day hands on leaders of our military. Those are very commendable and honorable positions and the only way you can get there is by rising up through the ranks as a young soldier, Marine, Airman, or Sailor. The most cliche phrase often used is "Freedom isn't Free", well there is more than just a modicum of truth to that statement...there MUST be some form of sacrifice in order for us Americans to enjoy and benefit from the freedoms we have. Ironically those who "fight" for our freedom have the least amount of freedom when they are serving. They have to follow orders and be places they sometimes do not want to be or else be subject to a Uniform Code of Military Justice infraction which can be severe. So in my opinion, and I am not saying everyone should agree, yes it is very noble...whether they went in with that intention or not.

^
you quoted yourself?  
eyes.gif

i'm sure everyone saw your big wall of red text the first time.

^
you quoted yourself?  
eyes.gif

i'm sure everyone saw your big wall of red text the first time.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i don't see how enlisting would benifit me so to me it isn't noble

nothing noble about killing innocent people based on falsified documents to start war for money/oil.
Every major battle could have been prevented; the lies they feed to the american people is shameful
eyes.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i don't see how enlisting would benifit me so to me it isn't noble

nothing noble about killing innocent people based on falsified documents to start war for money/oil.
Every major battle could have been prevented; the lies they feed to the american people is shameful
eyes.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Is NT even mature enough for a question like this...
NO.  There is a 930 page thread about Dressing Better for crying out loud. 
laugh.gif
  That by itself should indicate the type of mind-frame that's in here.  Most has never even been out of this country and clueless about the real world.  They care only about themselves, and what America can do for them and not what they can do for the betterment of this country.  That's just the mindset of this younger generation and it is what it is. Plus you have to put into consideration the amount of kids in this generation that were born with immigrant parents.  You can't expect kids to be patriotic when their parents were not even born here. 

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Dressing better (1,2,3,928,929,930)

[/td][/tr][/table]

Is NT even mature enough for a question like this...
NO.  There is a 930 page thread about Dressing Better for crying out loud. 
laugh.gif
  That by itself should indicate the type of mind-frame that's in here.  Most has never even been out of this country and clueless about the real world.  They care only about themselves, and what America can do for them and not what they can do for the betterment of this country.  That's just the mindset of this younger generation and it is what it is. Plus you have to put into consideration the amount of kids in this generation that were born with immigrant parents.  You can't expect kids to be patriotic when their parents were not even born here. 

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] Dressing better (1,2,3,928,929,930)

[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom