Do you think Enlisting in the Military is noble?

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Is NT even mature enough for a question like this...
  They care only about themselves, and what America can do for them and not what they can do for the betterment of this country. 

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
how does signing up  for a military mean you are for the betterment of this country? i would like to see America do good things,but tell me how does unjust wars accomplish that goal?

basically what your saying is that to "repay" the lifestyle benefits here in America i must kill innocent people elsewhere with no just cause...oh okay

They care only about themselves, and what America can do for them and not what they can do for the betterment of this country. 

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
how does signing up  for a military mean you are for the betterment of this country? i would like to see America do good things,but tell me how does unjust wars accomplish that goal?

basically what your saying is that to "repay" the lifestyle benefits here in America i must kill innocent people elsewhere with no just cause...oh okay

I went to college, have a decent job, and I still am thinking about joining the Navy (officer school, no way i'm doing regular enlist). Nobility can only be derived from the underlying factors within the person.

My reason is the STUPID benefits the military gives. You get great job training, great pay, and I can see the world. Plus, I'm really not tryna pay back these student loans either man.

I have no intentions of picking up a gun after basic but I definitely applaud all those who join because they want to fight on the front lines. It just isnt for me.

I went to college, have a decent job, and I still am thinking about joining the Navy (officer school, no way i'm doing regular enlist). Nobility can only be derived from the underlying factors within the person.

My reason is the STUPID benefits the military gives. You get great job training, great pay, and I can see the world. Plus, I'm really not tryna pay back these student loans either man.

I have no intentions of picking up a gun after basic but I definitely applaud all those who join because they want to fight on the front lines. It just isnt for me.

Originally Posted by Young Street86

I went to college, have a decent job, and I still am thinking about joining the Navy (officer school, no way i'm doing regular enlist). 

I'm gonna graduate in a year and plan to do this too... Either that or AF. Anyone do the JAG program for any of the armed forces? I want to go to law school and be a JAG, but I have no idea how competitive it is.

I went to college, have a decent job, and I still am thinking about joining the Navy (officer school, no way i'm doing regular enlist). 

I'm gonna graduate in a year and plan to do this too... Either that or AF. Anyone do the JAG program for any of the armed forces? I want to go to law school and be a JAG, but I have no idea how competitive it is.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

i know someone who got in that couldnt even get a job as a public defender anywhere. im guessing its not that competitive.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

i know someone who got in that couldnt even get a job as a public defender anywhere. im guessing its not that competitive.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Most of you kids sound scared and don't really know what you're talking about. Myself, I did my stint in the Marines for 4 years and got out honorably. I got about 40K for school, free medical, and get a home loan from the VA with no interest and no down payment up front. It laid the foundation for my life, not just financially but morally and physically too. I gladly volunteered and I would never take back those years. I'll do it again and again. I'm up for some good work. It pays off and feels good when you earn your @#$@ instead of having it handed to you. Plus, now I can work smarter and not harder.

You're not a man until you can stand on your own two feet.

There's nothing wrong with not joining if you don't want to either. It's a personal choice but, people who speak badly about the military are ignorant, which breeds fear, and that breeds utter stupidity. It's like being an ungrateful child with no sense. If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

Countries need soldiers because wars will ALWAYS exist no matter what. It is naturally in human nature to be violent. The smallest organisms are violet. It's in us. The indians were freely and peacefully living in Native America when the pilgrims came and plumaged there existence. Mexico's Mayans were fine until the Spaniards came in herds with their silver weapons and black slaves. There's been so many civilizations in history that didn't have organized armies that were obliterated because of it. So some of you saying that "no soldiers = no wars" don't know what you're talking about. I'd hate to be under your leadership. If you're feeling the sting from what I just typed, then you're exactly who I'm talking to. Learn something.
pimp.gif
... whats up devil??

Most of you kids sound scared and don't really know what you're talking about. Myself, I did my stint in the Marines for 4 years and got out honorably. I got about 40K for school, free medical, and get a home loan from the VA with no interest and no down payment up front. It laid the foundation for my life, not just financially but morally and physically too. I gladly volunteered and I would never take back those years. I'll do it again and again. I'm up for some good work. It pays off and feels good when you earn your @#$@ instead of having it handed to you. Plus, now I can work smarter and not harder.

There's nothing wrong with not joining if you don't want to either. It's a personal choice but, people who speak badly about the military are ignorant, which breeds fear, and that breeds utter stupidity. It's like being an ungrateful child with no sense. If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

Countries need soldiers because wars will ALWAYS exist no matter what. It is naturally in human nature to be violent. The smallest organisms are violet. It's in us. The indians were freely and peacefully living in Native America when the pilgrims came and plumaged there existence. Mexico's Mayans were fine until the Spaniards came in herds with their silver weapons and black slaves. There's been so many civilizations in history that didn't have organized armies that were obliterated because of it. So some of you saying that "no soldiers = no wars" don't know what you're talking about. I'd hate to be under your leadership. If you're feeling the sting from what I just typed, then you're exactly who I'm talking to. Learn something.
pimp.gif
... whats up devil??

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

the Mayan civilization collapsed in 900 AD. Spaniards arrived  in the 1500s 
grin.gif
Lets not confuse our ancient civilizations  now
I think you're the only one confused here, bud. You don't even know what you're typing about.
laugh.gif

The southern low land mayans abandoned and the northern tribes continued to thrive in 900 A.D. through 1500 when the Spaniards arrived.

The Mayapan even made their capital city in Yucatan. Though the classic Mayans split up in that manner, they continued to rule Mexico. Nice attempt but, not strong enough buddy.

On a further note, Mayans continue to try and overthrow Mexico TO THIS DAY. 

Anyway, to the rest of you talking down to us veterans and active personnel for our decision to enlist. I'd love to see what happens with all of you if America is bombarded by an army of asians that don't like us or terrorized by onslaughts of suicide attacks by arabs. I bet most of you would probably run into the hills crying and fearing a draft. 

I believe that kids always bash what they don't fully understand. Yes, it's a form of ignorance. Like I said before, it' breeds fear and stupidity. It's like a virus. A lot of you wouldn't voice your opinions without the protective screen of a forum.

the Mayan civilization collapsed in 900 AD. Spaniards arrived  in the 1500s 
grin.gif
Lets not confuse our ancient civilizations  now
I think you're the only one confused here, bud. You don't even know what you're typing about.
laugh.gif

The southern low land mayans abandoned and the northern tribes continued to thrive in 900 A.D. through 1500 when the Spaniards arrived.

The Mayapan even made their capital city in Yucatan. Though the classic Mayans split up in that manner, they continued to rule Mexico. Nice attempt but, not strong enough buddy.

Anyway, to the rest of you talking down to us veterans and active personnel for our decision to enlist. I'd love to see what happens with all of you if America is bombarded by an army of asians that don't like us or terrorized by onslaughts of suicide attacks by arabs. I bet most of you would probably run into the hills crying and fearing a draft. 

I believe that kids always bash what they don't fully understand. Yes, it's a form of ignorance. Like I said before, it' breeds fear and stupidity. It's like a virus. A lot of you wouldn't voice your opinions without the protective screen of a forum.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

how can you call it volunteering and then say u got 40k and other benefits? 

Then you say it pays off when you work for something and then mention that you arent working hard but smart? So you basically didnt do much and got paid for it? 
If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

u sound exactly like every other dude i know that came out the army

the current prison population in the US makes enough license plates to go around

smh.gif
 @ comparing WWII soldiers to modern mercenaries

Let me clarify it for you since you don't comprehend because it's clearly hard for you to personify someone through words alone.
1. Volunteered as in... I went and found a recruiter. Told him I wanted to serve my country. He didn't find me in a mall, or snag me up as I walked past the recruiters office. Even if those things had happened, it's STILL called voluntary enlistment because there is no draft in effect. The benefits are earned. Try to keep up.

2. Work smarter not harder is a philosophy that applies to the list of things that I learned FROM being active in the military. So it applies to things that are CURRENT for me. Not while I was in. You have to be in the $#@% in order to fully understand how to improvise or save time efficiently. Leading, initiative, tact, bearing, etc. Principles like that. Stay with me now.

3. So in your eyes, WWIII needs to happen in order for you to see the point?
laugh.gif
Dude, tell me you're not that dumb.
smh.gif
I'm saying that voluntary soldiers like myself allow for you to sit in your hut so you can type negativity about us. War or no war. You're free to go to the store or take a run in the park yet you chose to sit in front of your monitor to bash the people that help keep your freedom on a daily basis. That's a freedom that was given to you by people who lived before us and people who continue to hold the flag pole. Although I'm out, I was part of a wheel that is ultimately the vehicle you call America. I did my part and earned what I hold in my mind and physically have. Hope that provided a more clear view for you.

Then you say it pays off when you work for something and then mention that you arent working hard but smart? So you basically didnt do much and got paid for it? 
If people like myself didn't exist, all of you wouldn't be sitting on NT right now freely typing away. You'd probably be making license plates for a hitler-type dictator in a factory somewhere in Amerideutch.

the current prison population in the US makes enough license plates to go around

smh.gif

Let me clarify it for you since you don't comprehend because it's clearly hard for you to personify someone through words alone.
1. Volunteered as in... I went and found a recruiter. Told him I wanted to serve my country. He didn't find me in a mall, or snag me up as I walked past the recruiters office. Even if those things had happened, it's STILL called voluntary enlistment because there is no draft in effect. The benefits are earned. Try to keep up.

2. Work smarter not harder is a philosophy that applies to the list of things that I learned FROM being active in the military. So it applies to things that are CURRENT for me. Not while I was in. You have to be in the $#@% in order to fully understand how to improvise or save time efficiently. Leading, initiative, tact, bearing, etc. Principles like that. Stay with me now.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
I'm saying that voluntary soldiers like myself allow for you to sit in your hut so you can type negativity about us. War or no war. You're free to go to the store or take a run in the park yet you chose to sit in front of your monitor to bash the people that help keep your freedom on a daily basis. That's a freedom that was given to you by people who lived before us and people who continue to hold the flag pole. Although I'm out, I was part of a wheel that is ultimately the vehicle you call America. I did my part and earned what I hold in my mind and physically have. Hope that provided a more clear view for you.

The Mayapan even made their capital city in Yucatan.
 So if the Confederate army had Richmond as their capital, they clearly ruled America?
Though the classic Mayans split up in that manner, they continued to rule Mexico.
How did they rule Mexico when at the same time Montezuma II and the Aztecs  ruled the largest portion of what is now considered Mexico."The Aztecs were the dominant culture in Mexico at the time of Cortez’s arrival in Mexico in the 1500s. The Mayans by then had deteriorated into a decadent and decrepit race living on past glory."Source They weren't  a mighty kingdom  immediately prior to the Spanish arrival. They had been on the decline.

And they (zapatistas) aren't trying to "overthrow" the Mexico. Subcomandante Marcos even refers to the indigenous people  as both Mayans and Mexicans. "somos indios y somos mexicanos".  But what does he know about that. And in their most recent declaration referred to the country as  "our Mexico'. Dont confuse government with country.. http://www.anarkismo.net/newswire.php?story_id=805

? Anyway, to the rest of you talkng down to us veterans and active personnel for our decision to enlist. I'd love to see what happens with all of you if America is bombarded by an army of asians that don't like us or terrorized by onslaughts of suicide attacks by arabs. I bet most of you would probably run into the hills crying and fearing a draft. 

I believe that kids always bash what they don't fully understand. Yes, it's a form of ignorance. Like I said before, it' breeds fear and stupidity. It's l lot of you wouldn't voice your opinions ahout the protective screen of a forum.
How about you read what you just wrote. Painting scenarios of Asians and Arabs  killing us  isn't breeding fear or ignorance?

So if the Confederate army had Richmond as their capital, they clearly ruled America?
Though the classic Mayans split up in that manner, they continued to rule Mexico.
How did they rule Mexico when at the same time Montezuma II and the Aztecs  ruled the largest portion of what is now considered Mexico."The Aztecs were the dominant culture in Mexico at the time of Cortez’s arrival in Mexico in the 1500s. The Mayans by then had deteriorated into a decadent and decrepit race living on past glory."Source They weren't  a mighty kingdom  immediately prior to the Spanish arrival. They had been on the decline.

And they (zapatistas) aren't trying to "overthrow" the Mexico. Subcomandante Marcos even refers to the indigenous people  as both Mayans and Mexicans. "somos indios y somos mexicanos".  But what does he know about that. And in their most recent declaration referred to the country as  "our Mexico'. Dont confuse government with country.. http://www.anarkismo.net/newswire.php?story_id=805

? Anyway, to the rest of you talkng down to us veterans and active personnel for our decision to enlist. I'd love to see what happens with all of you if America is bombarded by an army of asians that don't like us or terrorized by onslaughts of suicide attacks by arabs. I bet most of you would probably run into the hills crying and fearing a draft. 

I believe that kids always bash what they don't fully understand. Yes, it's a form of ignorance. Like I said before, it' breeds fear and stupidity. It's l lot of you wouldn't voice your opinions ahout the protective screen of a forum.
How about you read what you just wrote. Painting scenarios of Asians and Arabs  killing us  isn't breeding fear or ignorance?

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

This might not be the best defense on your part since many people in this world dislike america - due to all the negative associations with globalization/americanism, military-industrial complex, aggression, bush doctrine, false-flag ops and military occupation not to mention the warcrime scandals. 

But i am thankful for dudes like you. If no one "volunteered" then there would def be a draft in this country (the US). So in that sense, your freedom argument is on point. So you are right in your own sense, however, you got to consider other people's views, especially those that are not from the US. Right now im abroad and if I mention freedom and american army in the same sentence, I would get laughed at. I guess its all subjective.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

This might not be the best defense on your part since many people in this world dislike america - due to all the negative associations with globalization/americanism, military-industrial complex, aggression, bush doctrine, false-flag ops and military occupation not to mention the warcrime scandals. 

But i am thankful for dudes like you. If no one "volunteered" then there would def be a draft in this country (the US). So in that sense, your freedom argument is on point. So you are right in your own sense, however, you got to consider other people's views, especially those that are not from the US. Right now im abroad and if I mention freedom and american army in the same sentence, I would get laughed at. I guess its all subjective.

Dude....nice try. I don't need quick references from the internet, I speak from what I've read and know.
laugh.gif

The North captured the strong hold of Richmond and the south surrendered immediately. Slavery was abolished quickly after. What does that tell you?

The Aztecs majority rule was from the 1300's to the 1500's. And this was in northern central mexico. That means the Mayans were still ruling from 900 A.D. to 1300 A.D. While the Aztecs ruled their part, the Mayans had the whole peninsula and most of southern Mexico. Keep in mind that "Mexico" wasn't the Mexico we know today so the far upper northern states weren't "ruled".

In 1992, the Chiapas Maya, Tzeltal, and Tzotzil rose against the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT TAKING the city of San Cristobal de las casa. In '94, a mayan woman won the nobel peace price for speaking out about the extermination of the Mayans. So, lo que sabes no lo sabes porque no sabes la hisotoria de nuestra raza.
A hypothetical scenario that's used to get a point across shouldn't be taken out of context the way you're "painting" it. Only an ignorant person would make it out that way. A smart person would see the point that's being made.

Dude....nice try. I don't need quick references from the internet, I speak from what I've read and know.
laugh.gif

The North captured the strong hold of Richmond and the south surrendered immediately. Slavery was abolished quickly after. What does that tell you?

The Aztecs majority rule was from the 1300's to the 1500's. And this was in northern central mexico. That means the Mayans were still ruling from 900 A.D. to 1300 A.D. While the Aztecs ruled their part, the Mayans had the whole peninsula and most of southern Mexico. Keep in mind that "Mexico" wasn't the Mexico we know today so the far upper northern states weren't "ruled".

In 1992, the Chiapas Maya, Tzeltal, and Tzotzil rose against the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT TAKING the city of San Cristobal de las casa. In '94, a mayan woman won the nobel peace price for speaking out about the extermination of the Mayans. So, lo que sabes no lo sabes porque no sabes la hisotoria de nuestra raza.
A hypothetical scenario that's used to get a point across shouldn't be taken out of context the way you're "painting" it. Only an ignorant person would make it out that way. A smart person would see the point that's being made.

NO.  There is a 930 page thread about Dressing Better for crying out loud. 
laugh.gif
  That by itself should indicate the type of mind-frame that's in here. 
Most has never even been out of this country and clueless about the real
world.  They care only about themselves, and what America can do
for them and not what they can do for the betterment of this country. 
That's just the mindset of this younger generation and it is what it is.
Plus you have to put into consideration the amount of kids in this generation that were born with immigrant parents.  You can't expect kids to be patriotic when their parents were not even born here. 

[table][tr][td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]
Dressing better

(1,2,3,928,929,930)

[/td][/tr][/table]

Actually that is the mindset of most Americans I'd say, not just the youth. Sad...

NO.  There is a 930 page thread about Dressing Better for crying out loud. 
laugh.gif
  That by itself should indicate the type of mind-frame that's in here. 
Most has never even been out of this country and clueless about the real
world.  They care only about themselves, and what America can do
for them and not what they can do for the betterment of this country. 
That's just the mindset of this younger generation and it is what it is.
Plus you have to put into consideration the amount of kids in this generation that were born with immigrant parents.  You can't expect kids to be patriotic when their parents were not even born here. 

[table][tr][td]

[/td]

[td]

[/td]

[td]
Dressing better

(1,2,3,928,929,930)

[/td][/tr][/table]

Actually that is the mindset of most Americans I'd say, not just the youth. Sad...

I don't think so anymore. Being noble just seems to be one of those concepts that has been watered down in society. Similar to the whole idea of being chivalrous.

Back
Top Bottom