Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

655FF24A-1D22-4C51-8854-423D278C16A6.jpeg

Not one lie told

I don't take issue with what he said with the wnba but when he brought up women's soccer I was like I dunno man. They are definitely more popular than the male national soccer team. The women's national soccer team brings in more revenue than the men and somehow they were still getting paid less. Can't name a single male national soccer player. :rofl:I don't even watch soccer and I've tuned in to watch the women's team play in the olympics.

Last edited:
I think people are erroneously extrapolating the women's soccer team gripes to other women's sports. I've never heard female WNBA players complain about getting paid less.

The women's national team complains specifically because they know they are better than the men's team.

The women's national team was disingenuous with their criticism and attacked the governing body in bad faith. When they were offered contracts, the players had a choice between two offerings: 1) a deal exactly like the men's where more money was made by performance, i.e. "a pay to play/pay to win contract" and 2: a contract with a lot more guaranteed benefits and far less made based on performance. They chose the second option, for a myriad of reasons (safety of income/benefits).

The year they had mounted their campains for equal pay they had had one hell of a year nationally and at the Olympics. Now, because they had chosen option 2, they didn't get paid nearly what they would have under contract 1. The men had a goos year as welk but had chosen contract 1. Accordingly, they made more money. The women's team basically were pissed because they chose the wrong contract and felt cheated even though the players themselves had all voted for contract 2.

So, instead of learning from the experience, the players decided to turn it into a gendered issue of systemic inequality. The whole thing was embarrassing for all the players that gave their tut tutting speeches and the media who didn't care to double check before running with that narrative.

Now trust me, I support equal pay for women, believe that the patriarchy is real and detrimental to both men and women, ect. However, in this case, that was not what was going on and it still passes me off that some of these players are still mistakenly given their flowers when all it was was they chose the wrong contract for maximum pay based on the spectacular year they had.

Hombre said "Y'all rather watch the Kardashians and basketball wives and ****".

So damn true dawg. Women are literally FANATICAL about the kardashians and that housewives mess. Basically any relationship based reality TV show. They’ll sit back and watch all these untalented, unfunny women but don’t support the WNBA

Those seats should be full of female spectators…

It’s always funny to see the first post and the last few posts of a thread to see what the discussion devolved into. :lol::sick:

In the span of a couple of day’s, too. :lol:

People looking for excuses to say she is justified in being locked up by bringing up things that have nothing to do with this. Like rednecks bringing up her "hating umurica". Now People are posting meme about women's pay in sports. :rofl:

I can't stand when dudes call out women for being obsessed with drama when in reality, dudes are just as obsessed with that ****. Even sports revolve around drama and storylines.

But I don't disagree with women not supporting the WNBA. No one really supports it except a few die-hard fans, but the amount of hate it gets is baffling. I do love myself some women's college basketball though.

I can't stand when dudes call out women for being obsessed with drama when in reality, dudes are just as obsessed with that ****. Even sports revolve around drama and storylines.

But I don't disagree with women not supporting the WNBA. No one really supports it except a few die-hard fans, but the amount of hate it gets is baffling. I do love myself some women's college basketball though.

There are other sports women support heavily. So Bill Burrs "Kardashian" line is kind of idiotic. Soccer, gymnastics and tennis are wildly popular among women.

Didn’t read through 6 pages of this disgusting circle jerk.

Regardless of your feelings about her, to not feel bad for a human being & their loved ones undergoing this type of mistreatment, who was clearly a political pawn from the start, is particularly pathetic.

Some NTers could jump off a cliff now & they shouldn’t be missed or mourned neither.

Didn’t read through 6 pages of this disgusting circle jerk.

Regardless of your feelings about her, to not feel bad for a human being & their loved ones undergoing this type of mistreatment, who was clearly a political pawn from the start, is particularly pathetic.

Some NTers could jump off a cliff now & they shouldn’t be missed or mourned neither.

@ THEM PLEASE

Many NBA fans care more about which teams took free agents on steak dinners than actual on court play. Go check the NBA thread during the summer months.

EYE have always maintained that sports are reality TV for me. The storylines are undeniably part of the intrigue especially now with the athletes playing into it

EYE have always maintained that sports are reality TV for me. The storylines are undeniably part of the intrigue especially now with the athletes playing into it

I hate hearing about all the damn rumors.

I always want to Fast Forward the NBA Free Agency Period.

Back
Top Bottom