Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I was reading up on notch vs peak lapels on styleforum and the general consensus is that notch is more conservative and business-like while peak is more fashion forward. Most of the posters recommended notch for interviews. Does it really matter that much? Personally I feel like the peak lapel is more my style than the notch

Keep your setting in mind. If you are going to a Bank or corporate setting you may want to be more conservative. A Marketing firm or entertainment company you might get away with fashion forward items.

I was reading up on notch vs peak lapels on styleforum and the general consensus is that notch is more conservative and business-like while peak is more fashion forward. Most of the posters recommended notch for interviews. Does it really matter that much? Personally I feel like the peak lapel is more my style than the notch
Doesn't really much. It's a preference thing. Peak lapel looks great on 1 or 2 button jackets. Notch looks good on all types: 1 or 2, 3, 3 roll onto 2.

I still don't know why a lot of people stress out on what to wear to an interview. They won't really care if you're doing a half windsor knot instead of a full. As long as you look presentable, that's all that matters.

I already stated my story way back. Synopsis: I was hiring for a position at my former employer. 3 candidates showed up. I picked the guy that wasn't in a suit because he appeared more coherent than the other two who were in suits.

Man, I was out scouting for gifts for my boss and coworker at Barneys...and women's fashion is a lot more complex, fellas :lol: Seems like you can spend 10 fold what a guy spends.

Man, I was out scouting for gifts for my boss and coworker at Barneys...and women's fashion is a lot more complex, fellas :lol: Seems like you can spend 10 fold what a guy spends.
it's carazy because my wife thinks she can match me purchase for purchase, but she can't. Prices are too damn high! Lol

But I would suggest getting trinkets like broaches or silk scarfs.

Peak Lapel vs Notch Lapel: It's all a personal preference. The notch is a more conservative type of lapel, which looks good on pretty much any and every frame. The peak lapel I wouldn't call fashion forward at all, as your normally peak lapels on "power suits" as they exude a bit more confidence. I don't own a peak lapel suit as I feel it may make my shoulders look wider but I may have to venture into the peak lapel eventually. If anyone has seen the show Suits, it's interesting how Harvey Specter's character wears notch lapel suits when he is a Senior Associate but once he is a Junior Partner and Senior Partner he is only in Peak lapels.

Last night to a birthday party. Thought I'd get in on the denim challenge early

Last edited:
Since its been brought up. Should we buy/sell in this thread. This category doesn't quite fit in the b/s categories of this site plus the demo that goes into the market place will not purchase "DB" type items. Got some things I would like to unload want to give you gents first crack.

Since its been brought up. Should we buy/sell in this thread. This category doesn't quite fit in the b/s categories of this site plus the demo that goes into the market place will not purchase "DB" type items. Got some things I would like to unload want to give you gents first crack.
correct me if i'm wrong but idk if we are allowed to do any selling outside of the buy/sell section

No that's a sure fire way to get banned and thread permanent locked .We are still apart of nt and we gotta abide by the rules just cuz it's db doesn't mean we are above posting in the marketplace if anything we would bring variety to it and make others want to purchase items beyond just kicks.

No. Absolutely Not

No pics for today, but I wanted to share something I saw with all of you

Probably the best "rugged" fit I've ever seen.

..except my own of course :lol:

:pimp:

Everything still looks too big/doesn't fit right
Your shirts are way too big as well as the suit

Definitely see what you mean on the shirt, but I don't see what you mean in regards to the blazer. I know there's some "bubbling" of the fabric near the button, was having the same issue with the vest because of the button placement being incorrect in relation to the buttonhole, need to take it to my tailor to get that fixed. Outside of that I don't know if I see what you see. Not asking to sound defensive but I'm wondering if there is something that does need to be fixed still. I appreciate the feedback man.

Close up of what I mean:

Last edited:
Definitely see what you mean on the shirt, but I don't see what you mean in regards to the blazer. I know there's some "bubbling" of the fabric near the button, was having the same issue with the vest because of the button placement being incorrect in relation to the buttonhole, need to take it to my tailor to get that fixed. Outside of that I don't know if I see what you see. Not asking to sound defensive but I'm wondering if there is something that does need to be fixed still. I appreciate the feedback man.
Close up of what I mean:

I'm not saying it's bad, there's just something off about it

I went to Target today to check out the Neiman Marcus pop up shop. Here's a mini-review:

BoO Best Friends Hats ($29.99): These are really thin and don't feel substantial at all. Target's Merona brand winter caps are much thicker and at $4, a much more reasonable buy.

Thom Browne Blazer ($149.99): This one will be hit or miss with a lot of people. It's cut very short, which you can kind of see in these pics. Functional buttons on the sleeve, which might be a problem since the Medium seemed a little on the short side while the Large had the sleeves almost to my knuckles. I personally think that a lot of the details on this blazer (white contrast piping, red/white/blue ribbon details on buttons and behind collar) are very feminine, which makes sense since there is an identical female version of this blazer in the collection.

Rag & Bone Cardigan ($69.99): I actually liked this piece a lot. Maybe because of the Childish Gambino lyric, but also because it fit pretty well (pictured in size Medium). Snug in the arms and chest, nice shawl collar and very sturdy button placket. This was much thicker than the Thom Browne blazer and is probably the only piece I would consider paying full price for in this collection. Might go back to pick this one up this week.

The Rag & Bone flask and shot glass set also looked very nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom