Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I had some weirdo hit me talking bout trades when I was clearly trying to sell the item. Talm bout Fendi Loafers for my rafs. :rolleyes :smh:

Situations like that is why i cant even bother selling clothes or sneakers anymore. Id rather give them to a family member but i dont really have too many high end things that I would want to sell anyway so im sure that makes it easier to just give away.

Situations like that is why i cant even bother selling clothes or sneakers anymore. Id rather give them to a family member but i dont really have too many high end things that I would want to sell anyway so im sure that makes it easier to just give away.
Likewise. I give away my stuff unless it's higher end pieces. I sell those online and it is hit or miss at times.

Grailed is full with a bunch of broke kids who want to be the 6th owner of Margiela kicks so they can say they own a pair. I got so many PMs and counters but only a few get to buying.

I sold a Tanner Goods belt on eBay stating it has a great patina. I haven't worn it in years so wanted to clean house. The buyer was a professor at Stanford University, I caught on because he used his school email on the account. He filed a chargeback stating the belt had uneven hues :lol: I took it back but told him patina was stated in the description.

I sold a Thom sweater a while back and this dude emailed me asking me to cancel the auction even though the winner paid within minutes. The audacity.

The reason for that is because there are a lot of shady sellers who would do that to make an extra $10. Had a dude cancel an auction I won because "items no longer available". Had my friend message him offering to pay $10 more and dude was ready to make a deal.

Lowballers are an unavoidable downside of selling items online. My income comes from selling certain goods online so I have to deal with people like that on a daily basis. I'll put up an item for sale at $300 for example and there's always a few clowns that try to offer $50 or even less  
laugh.gif

It's an unspoken rule on grailed. U must lowball.

I try to set my BIN price to wayyy above my real BIN price

I usually set my BIN at around 20% above my real price. They try to barter down and feel like they're getting a good deal but in reality they're still paying more than I want 

I usually set my BIN at around 20% above my real price. They try to barter down and feel like they're getting a good deal but in reality they're still paying more than I want 
Absolutely agreed on both points.

My post above was just an example of dude's goofy behavior.
laugh.gif

Can anyone help me locate the same color tone wingtip as these i think these might be some allens a bit over my price range...any help would be great thanks!

Can anyone help locate these sort of wingtip in the same color tone...i think these may be some allens a bit over my price range...any help would be great thanks!

Can anyone help locate these sort of wingtip in the same color tone...i think these may be some allens a bit over my price range...any help would be great thanks!

Stop buying AE's since you can't get a pair for cheap anymore. Meermin is a much better buy.

This is similar, but has punched toe cap.

https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4562

RE: sizing. My Meermins fit true to size, just go one down for UK sizing. If you're a size 9 US in your normal dress shoes then you would be 8 UK.

All of their oxfords: https://meermin.es/catalogo.php?idFamilia4=1&idFamilia3=1

Stop buying AE's since you can't get a pair for cheap anymore. Meermin is a much better buy.

This is similar, but has punched toe cap.

https://meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4562

RE: sizing. My Meermins fit true to size, just go one down for UK sizing. If you're a size 9 US in your normal dress shoes then you would be 8 UK.

All of their oxfords: https://meermin.es/catalogo.php?idFamilia4=1&idFamilia3=1

Thanks man good looking!!

How's the international charges and customs?

From their website..........................If you stay under $200 there won't be any.

"Spanish VAT (Sales TAX - 21%) is automatically deducted on orders outside the European Union. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyer’s responsibility. All orders from outside the European Union will be billed in US Dolar (USD). Please note that it is against our policy to write down value of any shipped goods in order to avoid customs.

Please note that, since we do deduce the Spanish VAT in advance for all non EU orders, Meermin is not responsible of possible customs taxes to be applied upon arrival of the packages to the final destination.

If you have any further questions about VAT and VAT deduction, please feel free to email us at info@meermin.es"

Lowballing on grailed is the wave. Why wouldn't I lowball if you don't have to commit to an offer? I've gotten stuff for 30-50% less than the listing price just from offering. TOJ jacket I got was listed at like 400 and I picked it up for 280 shipped 
smokin.gif

Having offers on then crying about getting lowballs is silly. If you're looking for a certain price just leave it as a BIN.

Last edited:

Those are probably Carmina but as @wj4 stated the Meermin pair are a great option.

From their website..........................If you stay under $200 there won't be any.

"Spanish VAT (Sales TAX - 21%) is automatically deducted on orders outside the European Union. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyer’s responsibility. All orders from outside the European Union will be billed in US Dolar (USD). Please note that it is against our policy to write down value of any shipped goods in order to avoid customs.

Please note that, since we do deduce the Spanish VAT in advance for all non EU orders, Meermin is not responsible of possible customs taxes to be applied upon arrival of the packages to the final destination.

If you have any further questions about VAT and VAT deduction, please feel free to email us at info@meermin.es"

You will get hit with custom charges as the shipping ($35) brings them to $210. To give you an idea I received 3 pairs from Meermin 2 weeks ago and was only charged $39 in customs charges. For 1 pair I've paid around $14-17.

Start my banking job tomorrow... gotta wear suit/tie everyday. I have 3 suits and a bunch of shirts and ties. How many suits do you guys have in rotation ?

Back
Top Bottom