Dressing Better Vol 2.0

$500 a good deal on a used but in very good condition TOJ MDR?

Yeah, that's a good deal. Might even be able to make him go lower, honestly.

gonna echo the other guys: make sure you check those measurements. a lot of those jackets have wonky sizes since sizing is in the hands of (mostly) inexperienced customers

Last edited:
CdhUJw2XEAAar8x.jpg

What's your budget?

I'm not so sure really. Just depends how much I like the jacket. I've seen pinoy732 pinoy732 jacket a few times and liked it. Not sure where it's from or how much. But I'm looking for something that looks like that.

Anyone have a recommendation on a nice looking motorcycle leather jacket?

Are you actually looking for something to ride in? I'd look at Thurston bros or Aero

Yeah, looking into riding soon. I want something that I can wear while riding, but I don't care for the extra padding. Maybe vintage is a better way to describe it.

Anyone have a recommendation on a nice looking motorcycle leather jacket?

Schott Perfecto

Looked into them online. Liked the style and type of jacket, but quality looks questionable.

Schott quality is superb. It just will not be overly slim. Expect cow hide to provide good protection but will of course be quite heavy.

Mine is Temple of Jawnz. Paid $650 (lamb skin)

Schott quality is superb. It just will not be overly slim. Expect cow hide to provide good protection but will of course be quite heavy.

Looked into Temple of Jawnz, but couldn't find a store. Just a bunch of threads in forums about the company itself. Any idea where I can try it on? I would look into Schott as well, but not too familiar with them. Any retail location in the NYC area?

Urban outfitters has a collab with Schott. It's supposed to be a slim fit and lighter weight. Msrp is 600 but im sure you could probably locate a coupon code or wait for it to go on sale.

Agree on all points. 

Very heavy. Not slim; I have the 118 and at times wish it was a bit more slim fitting. Not butter soft like lamb skin but it breaks in.

I got into a motorcycle accident this past June while wearing mine and it did it's job. Couple scuffs/scrapes on the leather, enough to give it character, pic is post accident.

That doesn't look bad at all!

How much did it run you? I'm trying to calculate how much all my gear (jacket, helmet, gloves) is going to run me along with a used bike.

So far the Helmet and the gloves are going to be around the $400 range.

That doesn't look bad at all!

How much did it run you? I'm trying to calculate how much all my gear (jacket, helmet, gloves) is going to run me along with a used bike.

So far the Helmet and the gloves are going to be around the $400 range.
Thanks. I think it goes for $750, I got mine in Chi for $600. 

If you sign up for Schott's Newsletter, on occasion they do 15-20% off ... essentially the storeowner where I bought mine from price matched the sale price.

If I remember correctly, Schott has stores in SoHo and LA. 

I love my supreme X schott perfecto.

Next piece will be lamb doe. Calf heavy but make u feel gawdly

I would advise against Schott, as they don't provide you with the cropped look a fashion rider should. IIRC, the UO x Schott 626 is like 26.5" long, which is like 2" too long IMO (at least for me).

Don't use the Schott fashion lines as your main riding jacket. Most of the collabos do not have gussets for a comfortable riding position. I've had the UO collaboration and although I'm sure the jacket can save my skin from minor falls, it's not the most comfortable as my arms are extended when riding. Look into the 618 (slimmer version of 118) if you are looking for something to ride in.

No physical stores ever but TOJ is dead. Look into falcon garments, again online community, but expect to pay 1k

Back
Top Bottom