Dwayne Johnson set to play Folk Hero John Henry vol. Not black enough?

Rock always panders and chases after a pale face woman, with his white *** family in movies.... Just like real life.

I'm not black, I'm The Rock

tenor (2).gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

the rock is half black
his dad is black
his grandparents are black
how is anybody gonna tell that man hes not black enough?

same way he can say he's not black if he wants to since his mom is samoan and his grandparents are samoan.

same way he can say he's not black if he wants to since his mom is samoan and his grandparents are samoan.
When did the Rock ever say "I am not black"?

And what the **** that got to do with the stupid notion of saying he's "not black enough"?

Y'all ****** really playing in to that bull **** identity politics.

Pretending like you can grade a *****'s blackness. That **** is slavemaster black ppl are property adjacent.

Last edited:
When did the Rock ever say "I am not black"?

And what the **** that got to do with the stupid notion of saying he's "not black enough"?

Y'all *****s really playing in to that bull **** identity politics.

Pretending like you grade a night's blackness. That **** is slavemaster black ppl are property adjacent.

Why you so angry about this tho?

The rock is not apart of or even rep black culture. In all of his movies, he has a white family. He has always played into the racially ambiguous role and has never truly spoken up and said he is black. So if people question him, that's his own fault.
For him to be playing the role of a black "hero" seems weird. He ain't never play the role of a black man before

Why you so angry about this tho?
I'm not angry.

I just feel anyone who tries to diminish and denigrate a black person in that manner is a ***** made punk *** ignorant *****.

The rock is not apart of or even rep black culture. In all of his movies, he has a white family. He has always played into the racially ambiguous role and has never truly spoken up and said he is black. So if people question him, that's his own fault.
For him to be playing the role of a black "hero" seems weird. He ain't never play the role of a black man before
All this **** you talking here gotta do with the Rock's acting career.

Tell me how it makes sense to go from he always has a white family in movies to he's not black enough?

**** that ****. I'm not rocking with any of that ****ery. Go ahead if you want to.

I'm not angry.

I just feel anyone who tries to diminish and denigrate a black person in that manner is a ***** made punk *** ignorant *****.

All this **** you talking here gotta do with the Rock's acting career.

Tell me how it makes sense to go from he always has a white family in movies to he's not black enough?

**** that ****. I'm not rocking with any of that ****ery. Go ahead if you want to.

It makes sense because the man obviously doesn't identify as being black. What known black actor out here doing movies with a whole white family? The Rock is trying to cater to a certain audience (non-black) and it has worked for his career. Black people have a right to be upset about that and call him out on it. He's denigrating his own culture by choosing to partake in that bull****. And, the same person I see in his movies, is the same person I see in real life. He chose and chooses to distance himself from black culture. It's his right. And it's his critics right to say he not black enough to play a black "hero."

hawaiian people mad he’s portraying king kamehameha when he’s not even hawaiian. he does seem to self-identify as poly more than black. movie business is about money and not accuracy though. maybe the only ones who should worry are the ones investing in the actual movie.

The rock is black folk. Just like bob marley, Colin Kaepernick and tiger woods.

He played the Maui character in Moana. Maui is an ancient god in our culture especially (Tongan). Some cats wanted a full bred Polynesian but it ain’t that serious. He has Polynesian blood regardless. It ain’t like its Russell Crowe playing Moses lol

I was gonna ask what moses looked like but looked it up and most stuff said he was a black hebrew / israelite. Wonder if jewish people disagree with that.

Things tend to be conditional for biracial people. I think people don't view The Rock as Black because he hasn't spoken out enough on Black issues and tends to associate more with his Samoan side. He's still Rocky Johnson's son and he's still Black though. Meanwhile, Obama definitely Black despite being raised by his mostly White side. Kap definitely Black despite being adopted by a White family.

If we have to ask then yes there is some ambiguity. Most of the movies and shows he's been in have had him around non black casts. Ballers is probably the first time I've seen him with a black cast and this latest season is the first time I've seen him with a black woman as a love interest. What people are trying to say is there's more to being black than just a black name and black father

It makes sense because the man obviously doesn't identify as being black. What known black actor out here doing movies with a whole white family? The Rock is trying to cater to a certain audience (non-black) and it has worked for his career. Black people have a right to be upset about that and call him out on it. He's denigrating his own culture by choosing to partake in that bull****. And, the same person I see in his movies, is the same person I see in real life. He chose and chooses to distance himself from black culture. It's his right. And it's his critics right to say he not black enough to play a black "hero."

And it's that simple. Ima a HUGE fan of Rock, grew up watching him WWF and I'm legit happy for his success cuz a lot of those wrestlers have f'ed up lives after wrestling

BUT

he plays the game. He wants to make white people comfortable with him. He markets himself as no-black, some unknown race, blatantly. Even Terrance Howard (who has a white father) is never in movies with all white families. :lol:

His girlfriend in this season of Ballers was fine *** Joy Bryant... :lol:

I’m second generation Korean married to a black women.

Although my son identifies more as black, the black kids at his school don’t look at him that way. They think he's either Indian or Filipino.. :rofl:

Personally, I can see the argument for & against this. The Rock doesn’t really speak out about topics that black America faces which is sad because he has a huge platform to really speak on issues. Dude has 117m followers on IG. If I had that platform I’d be putting these deplorable scum bags in blast every day.

Last edited:
Rock my guy, even though he's a Republican, and is "black enough" to play this role. Lot of ignorance being spewed in here right now. Black is a spectrum and as someone who was characterized at points for not being black enough I take personal offense to this.

Oh damn I forgot he was republican... damn...

Yeah black folks definately not a monolith (even though many people think they are)...

:lol: Everyone thinks all Asians are all either Chinese or Filipino (& that we all know karate)....

Back
Top Bottom