Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

Re: 1099. Some of you might be mistaken. It’s merely a threshold for companies to issue a 1099 as a guideline. In theory, every sale you make should be reported (by you or the company), in theory. So if you got a 1099, it means the irs has the 1099 too. Companies could send you one for a $9.99 sale, but they tend to go by the guidelines to save themselves the time
And effort. Most companies tend to do the bare minimum

Top Star collection dropped for me today

Went for orange lobster dunk and carted my size (looked like pretty much a fsr) but it took long to load when I clicked on them at the stroke of 11 and took long to load when trying to go to checkout and they sold out

Tried to get the Travis Scott VI’s and it wouldn’t load for me to view the item

Tried to get the black/white Jordan 1 85 and my size sold out after I carted and went to checkout

Ended up settling for Jordan IV Thunder in a half size larger than what I wear cause my size was sold out by this time 🤷🏼‍♂️

Someone in the L&F thread contacted eBay about a Top Star drop that had them available and they contacted customer support about the link to the L&F 1’s not working (allegedly) so they sent him a pair for free

I tried calling telling eBay they got some splaining to do in the hopes that they hook me up but no dice

8F199142-9C7B-4C44-85A5-9E10DEB5FDB5.png

At least these are good for shoe money

superblytrife superblytrife - let me know if you want to list what Jordan 1 lows and mids they have available

Last edited:
Top Star collection dropped for me today

Went for orange lobster dunk and carted my size (looked like pretty much a fsr) but it took long to load when I clicked on them at the stroke of 11 and took long to load when trying to go to checkout and they sold out

Tried to get the Travis Scott VI’s and it wouldn’t load for me to view the item

Tried to get the black/white Jordan 1 85 and my size sold out after I carted and went to checkout

Ended up settling for Jordan IV Thunder in a half size larger than what I wear cause my size was sold out by this time 🤷🏼‍♂️

Someone in the L&F thread contacted eBay about a Top Star drop that had them available and they contacted customer support about the link to the L&F 1’s not working (allegedly) so they sent him a pair for free

I tried calling telling eBay they got some splaining to do in the hopes that they hook me up but no dice

8F199142-9C7B-4C44-85A5-9E10DEB5FDB5.png

At least these are good for shoe money

superblytrife superblytrife - let me know if you want to list what Jordan 1 lows and mids they have available

Went straight for the 85's but they didn't have my size. Ended up getting the Trophy Room 7's. You're right though, it was hella slow loading.

Is there any way to get unwarranted negative feedback removed from your profile? This bum who just bought a pair of shoes from me left negative feedback and all the wrote was “false representation”…. The shoes went through the verification process, it it was pretty clear what he was getting with the photos.

Is there any way to get unwarranted negative feedback removed from your profile? This bum who just bought a pair of shoes from me left negative feedback and all the wrote was “false representation”…. The shoes went through the verification process, it it was pretty clear what he was getting with the photos.

Get in touch with eBay. Lots of times they'll remove stuff if it's wrong/retaliatory.

So I had a buyer request a return on a LV toiletry bag that went through the eBay authentication process. Apparently it smelled like cologne and I didn't note it in the listing. Granted, I'm probably nose blind to my cologne smells, so okay I goofed. But how the hell did it pass authentication if I noted in the listing that it did NOT have odors? Isn't that the entire point of the process? :lol:

Anyways, come to find out that they contacted the buyer to let them know the odor issue prior to authenticating. The buyer accepted that it smelled like cologne, the item was authenticated and then a week later they request a return due to the odor. eBay needs to fix this aspect of authenticating--no reason a buyer should accept a flaw and still have the option to return. And eBay really needs to be transparent with sellers, too. The return notification was the first time I heard anything about the odor issue. And the wildest part is that the buyer has THREE WEEKS to return the item. Sellers have to ship within a few business days, but buyers can hold onto items for damn near a month? Wild. :lol::smh:

So I had a buyer request a return on a LV toiletry bag that went through the eBay authentication process. Apparently it smelled like cologne and I didn't note it in the listing. Granted, I'm probably nose blind to my cologne smells, so okay I goofed. But how the hell did it pass authentication if I noted in the listing that it did NOT have odors? Isn't that the entire point of the process? :lol:

Anyways, come to find out that they contacted the buyer to let them know the odor issue prior to authenticating. The buyer accepted that it smelled like cologne, the item was authenticated and then a week later they request a return due to the odor. eBay needs to fix this aspect of authenticating--no reason a buyer should accept a flaw and still have the option to return. And eBay really needs to be transparent with sellers, too. The return notification was the first time I heard anything about the odor issue. And the wildest part is that the buyer has THREE WEEKS to return the item. Sellers have to ship within a few business days, but buyers can hold onto items for damn near a month? Wild. :lol::smh:

I sold a pair of shoes that didn’t have the insoles, it was listed in the details in the auction and eBay returned the shoes to me.

I called eBay and they stated that shoes automatically get returned without insoles, even if it’s listed in the auction.

But your case is some bs.

I just called them today and they were like it was bogus negative feedback, so they took it off. Thanks!

Excellent! Wasn't sure how they were with that any more, but they used to be GREAT about flagging bogus negatives. Good to hear they're still taking it seriously.

I sold a pair of shoes that didn’t have the insoles, it was listed in the details in the auction and eBay returned the shoes to me.

I called eBay and they stated that shoes automatically get returned without insoles, even if it’s listed in the auction.

The idea of returns happening on a bunch of my used listings causes me a little anxiety. I've been trying to take a lot of pictures but most are 10+ years old and have been worn so I don't know what else to do.

See this is the transparency I’m talking about. Why not let sellers know certain items will trigger an automatic rejection? It’d save a lot of time and hassle for both parties.

I really might be done with trying to sell used stuff online (outside of used sneakers on GOAT). I’ll give it away, donate it or try to sell in person.

did you have the option to accept or deny the return?

I sold a pair of shoes, brand new I believe, that someone requested to return

I contacted ebay and they told me that if I chose not to accept the return it would be ruled in my favor since it went through the authentication process

did you have the option to accept or deny the return?

I sold a pair of shoes, brand new I believe, that someone requested to return

I contacted ebay and they told me that if I chose not to accept the return it would be ruled in my favor since it went through the authentication process

No option to deny it b/c the item was used. The return was automatically accepted based on their policies. I think the policies differ for sneakers though, b/c I also had a cat try to return a used pair due to sizing. Since I had an all sales final policy, eBay denied the return request.

I've always had my listings set up to not accept returns in some cases that doesn't mean diddly

I sold a used Ralph Lauren Rugby beanie for $100

buyer claimed the shearling lining was stained and not noted in the auction

he requested to return it and nothing happened for awhile and then I got a message from ebay saying it was closed and nothing was required on my part

awhile after that I got another message from ebay saying that they charged me for the amount of the item because the buyer returned it

contacted ebay to get the tracking information, it said delivered when I checked it, contacted the post master at my local usps and when he checked it he said it was delivered to a different address than mine...it was the address for the local CVS which is about a mile away from, not on the same street or anything

went to CVS and they told me that they did remember a package coming there with my name but they didn't have it in the store or pharmacy anymore

I filed a chargeback on the charge from ebay and to my knowledge I did win that dispute

Back
Top Bottom