EDM festival Electric Zoo cancelled after two deaths

Some poeple only go for the drugs, thats sad. EDM is really a great thing look into it not the idiots

Why you sound butthurt fam? 
laugh.gif

If I have to be SPECIFIC, EDM is at its PEAK right now in NY. People been flying to Ultra yeah yeah, im sure its bigger in places like MIA and LV, but for my circle and my area, EDM is just a big phase that just became mainstream in NY. It wasnt huge 2-3 years ago and wont be in another 2-3 years.

C'mon son. We don't use corny terms like "butthurt" 'round here.

Now that you're "specific" (if by specific you mean kind of changing everything you said), you actually make sense. So you should try that more often.

Saying festivals are a "phase" was moronic. Coachella. Lolla. Austin City Limits. Bonnaroo. HARD. UMF. EDC etc. All quite successful for quite some time.

Then you said a few more moronic things. I just pointed that out.

Move along.

Last edited:
EDM is ruining America.

THIS!!!

The other day this white girl gets in my whip and ask if I like "Trap Music". Thinking she was going to play some Gucci or Waka I let her hook up her iPod. The sounds that came out of my subs were so horrific yet entertaining at the same time. One of the songs even had a Trapaholics drop at the beginning, and Juiceman's "Aye" as an adlib
roll.gif
I asked some dude the other day at work what was he listening to on his iPod (he had just taken his headphones off). He tells me trap. I'm thinking oh ok, maybe some jeezy, maybe T.I. Trap Muzik, til I overheard his loud *** headphones and was that edm crap :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: @ the uproar in here over the drug usage. Do you know how many people die a year at festivals and concerts relating to alcohol? Let's not even mention what happens to innocent people after leaving those concerts/football/basketball/baseball games.

There's a lot of people who want to take the stance of "drugs are wack if you need to take them to have fun" Yet they have a six pack of some craft beer in their fridge. That being said no one NEEDS drugs or alcohol to have fun. It's a choice and in this case they chose poorly.

Either way it's unfortunate people died, I'll wait to see the coroners report because it's likely they died of dehydration.

Last edited:
EDM, Raves etc etc used to be cool.

then these highschoolers started getting into it.

and now the music is KAKA

Last edited:
There's a lot of people who want to take the stance of "drugs are wack if you need to take them to have fun" Yet they have a six pack of some craft beer in their fridge.

I think having a few beers is a tad different than taking designer drugs :lol:

Unless it's binge drinking, apples and oranges.

Last edited:
There's a lot of people who want to take the stance of "drugs are wack if you need to take them to have fun" Yet they have a six pack of some craft beer in their fridge.

I think having a few beers is a tad different than taking designer drugs :lol:

Unless it's binge drinking, apples and oranges.

I hear you I'm not equating having a few beers to shooting up heroine but the hypocrisy behind the principal of it's totally ok to drink but it's not ok to get high is disgusting. I'd totally rather deal with someone who's taken MDMA over someone who's belligerent drunk.

I will type a more lengthy response when I'm not on mobile.
I am an EMT and I've worked at the electric zoo the past few years. I've got stories for days about that festival.
I will say that every year AMR (American Medical response) was on charge of the Zoo. We all got fired on July 1st when Amr new York got bought out by Senior Care, who took over the electric zoo.

All that is probably circumstantial but it is interesting.

For those that use the testers kits, when you put your stuff in the chemicals and it turns out legit what do you do then? Buy more? Especially its in pill form....

Do you need a significant amount to know if its clean...

I love the whole scene. What I don't love are the people who NEED to do drugs at these shows/festivals.

I was surprised to hear that a few of my friends take molly when they go to these festivals. They tell me the music and experience is way more enjoyable when they take. It was just weird hearing that from them considering they're nurses.

For those that use the testers kits, when you put your stuff in the chemicals and it turns out legit what do you do then? Buy more? Especially its in pill form....

Do you need a significant amount to know if its clean...

just a pinch. less than a pinch, really doesn't take much to test.

Rule #1 - no capsules, ever. that's usually what people get/are handed and 9 times out of 10 it is not what's being advertised. Can't stress enough, if you wanna do stuff like this be very careful and know your sources.

And know what could go wrong, know you run the small risk of being allergic. Monitor your vitals as best you can. Be safe.

paradiso in my state had like 80+ kids sent to the hospital and 2 died i think

I think it was just the one death, but still. Someone went there specifically to hand out a bad batch of drugs. Stupid. I don't even do large festivals anymore. Too much tomfoolery. I stick to 21+ clubs where they have real security. You'll notice EDM clubs have very low instances of the problems that plague these festivals. Granted, it's a different scale, but as someone who enjoys the music and tossing back a few drinks, it's much preferred.

Back
Top Bottom