Epaullettes (Shoulder Straps) on Dress Shirts?

Yay or Nay?
I always thought they were kinda lame, but the trends been going on for awhile. 
sick.gif

brown-dolce-gabbana-shirt.jpg

6154929.jpg

Welcome to 2009-2010.

Epaulets have been over done thanks to every Express shirt having them last summer/fall.  Personally I have a couple of "military" shirts w/o epaulets.  Only item I have with epaulets is a pea coat.

Welcome to 2009-2010.

Epaulets have been over done thanks to every Express shirt having them last summer/fall.  Personally I have a couple of "military" shirts w/o epaulets.  Only item I have with epaulets is a pea coat.

Yeah, I work for a clothing company that puts them on half the shirts we put out. I have a few but .... groce

Yeah, I work for a clothing company that puts them on half the shirts we put out. I have a few but .... groce

Shoulder straps? I came in here thinking it was something like shoulder straps on womenswear and then saw what they really were. Oh...

I like them better on coats.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Welcome to 2009-2010.

This. I'm pretty sure by late 2010 I said I'm off that.

It's not like they look BAD now. But it got so OD and it's an accessory on a shirt that doesn't need to be there.

So if you prefer a cleaner look, it just clutters up a shirt.

Shoulder straps? I came in here thinking it was something like shoulder straps on womenswear and then saw what they really were. Oh...

I like them better on coats.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Welcome to 2009-2010.

This. I'm pretty sure by late 2010 I said I'm off that.

It's not like they look BAD now. But it got so OD and it's an accessory on a shirt that doesn't need to be there.

So if you prefer a cleaner look, it just clutters up a shirt.

I prefer shirts without it, I personally woudnt buy a shirt if it had it.
Doesnt bother me though, just preference. 

I prefer shirts without it, I personally woudnt buy a shirt if it had it.
Doesnt bother me though, just preference. 

Back
Top Bottom