Ex High School Ball Players

I used to throw dirt in the eyes of other players when I was a lineman on the football team
pimp.gif

Never saw it coming.

I used to throw dirt in the eyes of other players when I was a lineman on the football team
pimp.gif

Never saw it coming.

i should of played football back in highschool was fast as hell

plus my cousin was one of the coaches fav players would of had me on good terms already

i should of played football back in highschool was fast as hell

plus my cousin was one of the coaches fav players would of had me on good terms already

i could of keep playing ball after HS in college and didn't do it, Kind of wish i did now i miss being in shape im 26 now and feel like ill never get back in that kind of shape, I miss the game days when you first run on the court

i could of keep playing ball after HS in college and didn't do it, Kind of wish i did now i miss being in shape im 26 now and feel like ill never get back in that kind of shape, I miss the game days when you first run on the court

I think about this myself as well.  I really feel as if I got a raw deal in highschool playing basketball.  Our team in highschool had 26 people on it that was just varsity, that is not including J.V. and Freshmen teams.  It was ridiculous for games people would put tape over numbers, go buy shorts from K-mart, some people would have on practice jersies for the games. Practice was a joke as well, 10 people would be on the main court practicing, the other ten would be playing their own little 5 on 5 game, and the other 6 would be playing 21, 3 on 3, or having a dunk contest or even talking to the girls who were in the gym.  At the school I attended they did not cut football players so you had everybody from the star quaterback to the sorriest offensive lineman on the team.  The best FOOTBALL players started on the basketball team.  They did not want to damage their ego on the basketball court so they all started for the most part. At the time this stuff was funny, but when I see what talent level gets scholarships now it really pisses me off.  I was at the gym the other day and talk to a recent graduate of my alma mater and he said the same crap is going on, football players are still not being cut and carrying at least 20 people on the team, and this is still may years after I graduated.  So yes I am salty because I know things could have been better, if the program was better.  I really believe I could have played after highschool if there would have been some type of structure but what we had going on was just pitiful.

I think about this myself as well.  I really feel as if I got a raw deal in highschool playing basketball.  Our team in highschool had 26 people on it that was just varsity, that is not including J.V. and Freshmen teams.  It was ridiculous for games people would put tape over numbers, go buy shorts from K-mart, some people would have on practice jersies for the games. Practice was a joke as well, 10 people would be on the main court practicing, the other ten would be playing their own little 5 on 5 game, and the other 6 would be playing 21, 3 on 3, or having a dunk contest or even talking to the girls who were in the gym.  At the school I attended they did not cut football players so you had everybody from the star quaterback to the sorriest offensive lineman on the team.  The best FOOTBALL players started on the basketball team.  They did not want to damage their ego on the basketball court so they all started for the most part. At the time this stuff was funny, but when I see what talent level gets scholarships now it really pisses me off.  I was at the gym the other day and talk to a recent graduate of my alma mater and he said the same crap is going on, football players are still not being cut and carrying at least 20 people on the team, and this is still may years after I graduated.  So yes I am salty because I know things could have been better, if the program was better.  I really believe I could have played after highschool if there would have been some type of structure but what we had going on was just pitiful.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by scshift

I never got the chance to play in HS 
frown.gif

Too bad, cause I'm going to play in college
pimp.gif

All the coaches who cut me and everyone who said I sucked, get at me

Good luck, but that's rare. What sport?

It's a basketball thred

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by scshift

I never got the chance to play in HS 
frown.gif

Too bad, cause I'm going to play in college
pimp.gif

All the coaches who cut me and everyone who said I sucked, get at me

Good luck, but that's rare. What sport?

It's a basketball thred

i ran track and i really miss being part of a team...

most fun i had was at practice and meets

Back
Top Bottom