Expensive Haircuts worth it?

Originally Posted by Curious24

I've been looking for the best place to cut my hair.  Does price justify the means?  In NYC you can go from $15 to $90 and get the same hair.  Whats your experience?

$90??? do they give you a massage too or something? 
roll.gif

If I wanna be cheap, go to place like master haircut which is like $15.

If I want little better haircut, go to little upscale salon for $25.

learning to cut my own hair was one of the best moves I ever made. I sacrificed some bad, bad, bad looks during a semester in 10th grade, but ever since, I've been good to go.

Even if I don't think I was on point for my monthly fade, I always get compliments the next day for being clean. Worst case scenario, an "error" is fixed the next day with some styling or a week of growth.

90 bucks for what? The most I'd pay for a haircut is maybe 50 for vip service other than that I'll stick to my $15 cut

Originally Posted by CorndogMcgee

Originally Posted by haiti5

big homie from my hood does 200$ cuts..definitely worth it...if u have the money

I'm curious, what do you get for a $200 hair cut?
a sucky sucky from the big homie 
wink.gif

Spoiler [+]
WWE_big%2Bblack%2Bguy%2Bfor%2Bsite.jpg

Originally Posted by imvictor

$150 Dominican pesos = USD$4. I'm good! Just got home from the barbershop.
smokin.gif

This man knows, first time i got a haircut there i was shocked at the price after the conversion rate
eek.gif
. Literally what you pay for one cut here you get 5 or so there lol.
I dont know where you went , but i was in a campo so it was a little wooden shack with 1 light bulb, i just prayed the lights didn't go out while he was cutting
roll.gif

My boy cuts me for $10

I want to see what a $200 haircut looks like, it must come with a new outfit too
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by el cuco

Originally Posted by imvictor

$150 Dominican pesos = USD$4. I'm good! Just got home from the barbershop.
smokin.gif

This man knows, first time i got a haircut there i was shocked at the price after the conversion rate
eek.gif
. Literally what you pay for one cut here you get 5 or so there lol.
I dont know where you went , but i was in a campo so it was a little wooden shack with 1 light bulb, i just prayed the lights didn't go out while he was cutting
roll.gif

Lol nah, I live in the city so it's all good over here.

Learn to cut your hair for free. I do have a barber at college that charges me $10 and $15 and up for everyone else.

I used to spend like $45 on my hair cuts then I started hitting up Supercuts which can be good or bad; you just have to find a stylist who is good and stick with them
my girl Hang does a real nice job and she asian milfy; gotta think of fat ladies pooping when she is doing the old hair wash 
laugh.gif

Dudes cut primarily African American hair for $90?

I wouldn't even know where to look for something that expensive

My old barber was $12 and the cuts were always sharp.

He got hemmed up tho so I found a new guy for $15 and he's just as good

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

$6 haircuts by Asian ladies are not what's up. I wouldn't pay $90 though
^I'm gonna have to go with language barrier/communication with this one...

However, I pay $13 for mine every 3-4 weeks.

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

If you're getting $15 haircuts, you are probably capable of cutting your own hair.

<<<< hasn't bought a haircut in 10 years
Tried giving myself a tapefade...never again
laugh.gif
THIS...my gawwd never again 
embarassed.gif

"A good haircut isnt cheap, and a cheap haircut isnt good" Thats the sign that my barber has up in his shop. Its all relative though because these are black people haircuts which are flat out just cheaper. I always tip  $5 though because he always does good work and takes time with my haircut, he even washes it. I would also like to know what comes with a $200 haircut, or even a 90 dollar one for that matter.
Tried cutting my hair once in HS, it was a disaster, wore a du rag the entire school day even though I got asked to take it off a bunch of times and they threatened to call my parents and suspend me but I wasnt having it. Most teachers understood but by mid day I finally had to take it off and hilarity ensued at my expense and I just lied and said that I lost a bet with my brother and went to get my haircut after school anyways. 

What the...where are yall getting your cuts at? 
laugh.gif

My old barber charged $13 a cut, and I gave $2 tip so $15 in all. My new barber who does a mean skin taper, charges $18, tip $2 for $20. I would NEVER go higher than that. Like seriously, how much "better" can your hair be to go get $40-$50 cuts? After a few days its gonna look like my $15 cut anyway.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

What the...where are yall getting your cuts at? 
laugh.gif

My old barber charged $13 a cut, and I gave $2 tip so $15 in all. My new barber who does a mean skin taper, charges $18, tip $2 for $20. I would NEVER go higher than that. Like seriously, how much "better" can your hair be to go get $40-$50 cuts? After a few days its gonna look like my $15 cut anyway.
laugh.gif
This. My girl Coco gets me right for $15. The guy I used to go to was ALWAYS busy so sometimes I'd just pay $50 to skip
and get it over with.

I've been cutting my own hair since college (about 7 years) but my hair is straight and edging up gets stressful sometimes. I only go to my barber for special occasions and he charges me 20 now smh but I don't go often so I go back to him. Like someone mentioned above, giving yourself a taper is the hardest and there have been plenty of times when I've cut it bald from messing up and trying to get it right lmao

From most of the replies in here it sounds like you guys go to a barber. It depends on your hair type & style of cut. I am not as brave as Stilln729 to venture into a Super Cuts. I personally go to a stylist and my cuts run around $43.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

From most of the replies in here it sounds like you guys go to a barber. It depends on your hair type & style of cut. I am not as brave as Stilln729 to venture into a Super Cuts. I personally go to a stylist and my cuts run around $43.
believe me; I was breathing into a brown paper bag the first time going in there 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom