EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

Chanting USA and waving flags seems inappropriate at this point.

Condemning a community that's been living in fear for the past 24 hours for celebrating seems a bit more inappropriate to me.

I didn't condemn anyone for celebrating.

I was saying how people were celebrating seemed inappropriate to me considering we don't even know the motives yet.

Quoting myself again. I have a problem with the supposed patriotism being displayed.

The terrorists are Americans. How does it make sense to be chanting USA and waving our flags right now?

What does chanting USA even mean? That Americans are somehow better than the rest of the world? How does that work when the the terrorists are American themselves?

That's why I say the "patriotism" seems misguided right now. We don't have all the information yet. We don't know the motives yet.

Now if the terrorists were known to hate America or something similar, then I would have absolutely no problem with the patriotism being displayed. But we don't know anything yet, and that's why this display of patriotism seems inappropriate.

I thought Glenn Beck retired.. Haven't heard about him for a while now and had no idea he still had a show. Nice to see him exploiting this tragedy to attract viewers. Good ol' Becky..

Quoting myself again. I have a problem with the supposed patriotism being displayed.

The terrorists are Americans. How does it make sense to be chanting USA and waving our flags right now?

What does chanting USA even mean? That Americans are somehow better than the rest of the world? How does that work when the the terrorists are American themselves?

That's why I say the "patriotism" seems misguided right now. We don't have all the information yet. We don't know the motives yet.

Now if the terrorists were known to hate America or something similar, then I would have absolutely no problem with the patriotism being displayed. But we don't know anything yet, and that's why this display of patriotism seems inappropriate.

Yeah I felt exactly the same way. People were acting as if we won a war against some foreign "enemy", yet the terrorists were American citizens.

But then again, it is Boston, and I'm sure the "they might practice Islam" thing got out, so I'm not really surprised by the reaction.

What do you mean by "then again, it is Boston" :rolleyes

This was a national event. The whole country came together, evidenced by the efforts of many in this thread. Heads from NY, FL, Cali, etc all expressing concerns and hitting everyone with updates. Hence the American flags.

How did he have a shoot out & ran from 5,000 cops, on foot, just to be found in a boat...by a NEIGHBOR?

So, you're telling me BPD, MPD, MIT Police, Cambridge Police, FBI, SWAT couldn't find him...but a random neighbor could?

Last edited:
How did he had a shoot out & ran from 5,000 cops, on foot, just to be found in a boat...by a NEIGHBOR?

So, you're telling me BPD, MPD, MIT Police, Cambridge Police, FBI, SWAT couldn't find him...but a random neighbor could?

YES. That is what happened. Bombing monday and dudes are dead/in custody 4 days later. Im guessing you could have done better. Or you have an explanation as to what really happened? :lol:

Please fam, tell us more. Enlighten us

Chanting USA and waving flags seems inappropriate at this point.

Condemning a community that's been living in fear for the past 24 hours for celebrating seems a bit more inappropriate to me.

I didn't condemn anyone for celebrating.

I was saying how people were celebrating seemed inappropriate to me considering we don't even know the motives yet.

The same way it makes sense to put down racists from Mississippi in the 60s.

As long as you can disassociate yourself from them, it's alright to plainly hate them, without looking around to see what might have caused people, like the people you know, to do such terrible things.

It's not an American thing.

It's a people thing.

People crave simplicity.

So those kids are foreign terrorists and America won. Open and shut case.

How did he have a shoot out & ran from 5,000 cops, on foot, just to be found in a boat...by a NEIGHBOR?

That kid made distance.

But odds are, the cops weren't creative or attentive enough to find him. They almost definitely marched past him and even searched the house. I mean, he wasn't that far away from the shootout. But he probably confused them by (I'm guessing on accident) doubling back and heading the way he came from.

View media item 374647
And if they would've checked that night, they could've missed the blood? Or maybe they just weren't thorough outside.

Chanting USA is showing support for the FBI, Boston PD, and countless others who sacrificed and put their lives on the line to help the city get back to a sense of normalcy after 5 days of utter chaos and terror. I have a sense of pride with my country after seeing a bunch of people working together to help apprehend these monsters who reigned terror on innocent people who were just out enjoying a beautiful day in Boston. We chant "USA" because we have pride. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it and you could tell from looking at the faces of those who were on the streets last night, there was a sense of relief. People in Boston and other surrounding areas were essentially prisoners in their own homes due to the uncertainty and potential danger that was in their community. I'm sorry that you can't see beyond your own skepticism as to why people are elated, but there was good reason for the celebration last night. It's a shame it came at the cost of lives lost and injured people, but having everyone join together in this fight only confirmed how much I love this country. If I was there, I would have been right there on the streets chanting "USA" as well.

That's the dead older brother

Sad the younger brother fell for his older brothers influence

I believe that's the younger brother whose still alive. He's on a couple of the pictures on the twitter account with his friends posing in front of two black cars, chevy comaro and bmw.

The BMW looks like it has Terrorists #1 on the front plate.

You must forgot he jumped in the car and ran over his brother. It wasn't just a shoot out and on foot pursuit.

I'm talking about the LAST shootout around 7-8pm, last night. The one right after they came on tv & said "It's safe to come back out, but be cautious..." and 10-20 minutes later they had the giant shootout.

After that...he hid in a boat from 5,000-10,000 cops and a regular person found him?

I'm talking about the LAST shootout around 7-8pm, last night. The one right after they came on tv & said "It's safe to come back out, but be cautious..." and 10-20 minutes later they had the giant shootout.

After that...he hid in a boat from 5,000-10,000 cops and a regular person found him?

They confronted him while he was still in the boat, he never got out and then he began to shoot and so they returned fired. He most likely was in the boat the entire night.

Last edited:

They say during the chase by car "he somehow slipped away and fled by foot, after he ran over his older brother". Then later come back and say he may have access to a vehicle. The shoot out he was pinned down and helicopters/ federal agents were on the scene, but he took off. As I had been trying to point out in this thread, there are too many holes. - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/0*****/second-boston-bombing-suspect-in-custody/

Even in checking the houses, they left an officer to maintain security of the houses. After that, the commissioner lifted the in-home order.

Last edited:

There was a shootout EARLY Friday morning, but I don't think there was anything last night other than flashbangs to get him out of the boat.

His picture was released on Thursday night. They found him on Friday. I'd say the police did a hell of a job WITH the public's assistance - which they asked for. The way Watertown is set up, the police essentially had to go house-by-house with their investigations. It was a tedious/arduous task, but law enforcement made it clear that they wanted the public to be vigilant. It was a total effort between civilians and the police.

Not coming at you, but I think there are a lot of people who get what they do on COD confused with real life.

Last edited:
I just read thru the last twenty pages of this thread and its hilarious/ scary how this went down

I'm reading this and it comes off like I'm in a literal season thread for one of my favorite shows

From the astonishing beginning, the action scene shoot out with the cops' the funny parts of the film with the cop climbing the gate and interview with the dildo, the army manhunt, then the anti climatic ending...

Followed by cheers and a feel of satisfaction, hell the uncle even has his 15 minutes just for his memorable speech and character

Even the small details.. Older bro investigated by FBI & linked to some form of extremist.... Young bro regular kid, who smokes, listens to rap, blamed the gov for 911, but his license plate reads terrorist1 (on an m3) & he got his citizenship on 9/11 too..

This **** right hear has taken reality tv to new heights

You know exactly what I mean, don't act naive.

Boston is notorious for prejudice and racism so it wouldn't surprise me a mention of a suspected bomber practicing Islam would result in a "us vs. them" mentality and all the "patriotism" resulting from his capture.

What we AS A COUNTRY need to figure out is WHY do our own citizens feel the need to do something like this, instead of just writing them off as extremist terrorist. As many people in this thread expressed how they just wanted him dead. As unfortunate as the bombing was, having him dead would solve absolutely nothing and no way help prevent this occurring again.

And before jimmies get rustled, I'm in NO way trying to negate what happened, nor justify it, nor tell people you can't be mad. I'm just saying it needs to be looked at from the perspective of what made somebody do this and how can we recognize the signs in somebody who might wanna do something similar.

So any word on what weapons the suspect had on him?
So any word on what weapons the suspect had on him?

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said Tsarnaev was in serious condition and was found "covered with blood." He did not come out from inside the boat willingly, despite the efforts of negotiators, Davis said.
"We assume that those injuries came from the gunfire the night before," Davis said. [COLOR=#RED]He also said Tsarnaev did not have any explosives with him when he was taken into custody[/COLOR].

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/0*****/second-boston-bombing-suspect-in-custody/#ixzz2R17YNZ2G

Last edited:

You know exactly what I mean, don't act naive.

Boston is notorious for prejudice and racism so it wouldn't surprise me a mention of a suspected bomber practicing Islam would result in a "us vs. them" mentality and all the "patriotism" resulting from his capture.

What we AS A COUNTRY need to figure out is WHY do our own citizens feel the need to do something like this, instead of just writing them off as extremist terrorist. As many people in this thread expressed how they just wanted him dead. As unfortunate as the bombing was, having him dead would solve absolutely nothing and no way help prevent this occurring again.

And before jimmies get rustled, I'm in NO way trying to negate what happened, nor justify it, nor tell people you can't be mad. I'm just saying it needs to be looked at from the perspective of what made somebody do this and how can we recognize the signs in somebody who might wanna do something similar.

Oh.

Yeah, shut up.

Back
Top Bottom