F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

These Mercedes poems in comment sections are everywhere :lol:

Ferraris are red
Red Bulls are blue
Going to be a boring race
Mercedes 1-2

A comment got me thinking though. Is the problem the boring races or the same team/driver winning all the time?

Why is it the likes of Usain Bolt and Roger Federer are loved and they dominated for years and people loved to see them dominate.
Mercedes on the other hand after the 5 1,2's have seem to have made the salt flow extra hard this season. :lol:

I personally think it's the lack of good racing that hurts the sport more. The procession is what kills it and not the predictability/dominance because that happens in every sport from time to time.
Ferrari, Mclaren, Red Bull, Williams have all had their period of dominance.
I've only been around for the Red Bull dominance and as much as I didn't want him to win being a Lewis fan, I had to give props to the job Newey did with the tech on the cars and also Seb for a lot of his performances with those cars.

The last two years to me were exciting and Mercedes in Bottas hands would've lost to Vettel so the drivers are making a difference and it's not just the car.

I wouldn't mind another Mercedes 1,2 in Monaco but for the sports sake, I kinda hope things get mixed up a bit.
Pierre Gasly for pole :lol:

I find it hypocritical, but I'd have absolutely no problem if McLaren dominated the entire season. It's only 'bad for the sport' when it's not the one you support who's leading.
Fed is a good example. People had no problems when he was dominating... but now comes Djoker and all of a sudden the sport is in a crisis and lacking the next-gen.

RIP Niki :frown:

A true legend and inspiration. The news got me emotional, when I woke up. I will miss him a lot and F1 will miss him for sure.

Niki :frown:

Was looking forward to seeing him on the track in Montreal in a few weeks :ohwell:

RIP to a true legend of the sport |l

RIP to a true legend and inspiration :frown:

I’m out of words for Ferrari at this point.
Unbelievable and embarrassing.
I would be surprised, if no strategist gets fired or to another position after this weekend. The press in Italy will be furious.

Biggest celebration I've heard from Lewis in a while. I thought Bottas had it but glad to see Lewis end his pole reign.
I thought he'd lost it after the mistake near the end of the lap but he got pole by nearly a tenth.

Last time I remmeber someone being this happy on pole was Singapore 2017 with Seb and we know how that turned out :lol: :smh:
With 60% chance of rain, it might not be straight forward.

Something needs to happen at Ferrari. I lost count as to the amount of incidents today.
Leclerc could've been up their but at this rate Max will beat both of them in the championship with a weaker car.

90% chance of rain according to Sky. Oh oh

Lewis looking like Schumacher with that red helmet.

Lewis bringing it home for Niki :pimp:

Max gonna end up in 4th after that lunge near the chicane it seems

Back
Top Bottom