F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Yea, I read a big piece on a website somewhere about it.

I'm glad the public won on this. Ted and Martin should be there for as long as possible.

Good explanation for the swings in performance. I suspect this is why Ferrari have found all races difficult with one of their cars at least.

The manhole cover... it was unfortunate, but it happens. That recovery vehicle hitting the bridge tho.............................

Baku marshals after LeClerc's crash

image.png

Definitely a boring Baku race.
2 wins a piece and 4 1-2's. Mercedes keep breaking records. Theymust be happy and so will Bottas even though Lewis had the most pace today so he won't be too unhappy. Shame about the VSC and the Williams but it would still have been hard to pass.

I still think Leclerc nearer the front would have been at least on par with the Mercs. i think only Vettel was slow.

Not sure where Seb's pace went but Chucky started in P8 and only finished in P5. Totally expected more from him.

Ferrari had their chances in the first few races, having had the "fastest car on the grid"... but have botched it and now Merc have overtaken the performance-race.

I think Lando's was a racing incident. He was pretty far alongside Lance. Sure, Lance could have given him a bit more room, but it's still more on Lando as he could have backed out.

Mercedes releasing the Kraken.
They laid down the smackdown with the updates they brought.

Bottas will need to sort out his starts because when it comes to race pace, he can't touch Lewis. If he keeps up with the qualifying then he'll have a chance at the title still.
He just needs to keep the beard and get a year's worth of porridge.

Lewis Hamilton:
  • 76th win (15 behind MSC)
  • 139th podium (16 behind MSC)
  • 16th GP led start to finish (3 behind Senna)
  • 42nd fastest lap (4 behind RAI for 2nd place)
Mercedes:
  • 5th 1-2 in a row; equal with Ferrari for most ever. Another one in Monaco breaks the record.

It's not looking good for Ferrari with the development path they've chosen but what's worse is that everything else is also going wrong.
Strategy today was terrible and has been for the past few races. Pit Stops were bad and the drivers weren't great to day either.

As boring as Monaco is, I would love to see Mercedes with their long wheelbase finally win there. It's been a Red Bull/Ferrari hunting ground for too long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom