F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Both saubers given 30s penalties so after all that Lewis extends his lead of the championship :lol:

This also means Kubica gets a point for Williams and will probably beat George Russell in the championship :lol: :smh:

Sometimes life just isn't fair.

What an entertaining race, that was wild!

Terrible day for Mercedes, Bottas must really be kicking himself. Had an opportunity to make up some serious ground on Lewis today.

Really have to give it up to Max & Seb today, incredible drives from both. Kvyat, Stroll & Sainz all with admirable performances too, nice to see those guys finishing up high.

Honda with 2 drivers on the podium, great to see them having success this year. How long before Helmut murders Gasly?

So instead of winning the championship by 160 points, it'll be by 162.

Well from what I've been reading. Max is now the best driver according to loads of people so it should happen :lol:

Not out of the question though. All it takes is one DNF and Max is in the hunt.

Red Bull have made big strides with their chassis and they have an engine update coming. They're no longer 4 to 7 tenths behind in qualifying. Them being close at Silverstone tells everything.
Mercedes themselves said they expected more from their updates and they don't bring stuff every race like Ferrari or Red Bull. They prefer those big updates like every 4 to 5 races.

Hungary will suit Merc and Red Bull so we could have another Lewis Max front row. Even worse for Mercedes if the temperature is high.

The Ferraris will be favourites at Spa and Monza and well.

Singapore will be between Mercedes and Red Bull but very close. Lewis will have to redo that lap from last year.
Red Bull will win at Mexico. Even though Mercs are now good at slow corners the altitude will kill Mercedes engine as usual.

Long way to go. Money is still on Lewis but not no big gaps I don't think.

It would never happen, but give us Max & Lewis, Merc!

I think next year will still be Hamilton and Bottas. Both are doing well and why split them up?

I don’t think Ocon will replace Bottas. But anything could happen.

Max & Lewis could be a Lewis and Rosberg 2.0 if they team up. Lol.

I think next year will still be Hamilton and Bottas. Both are doing well and why split them up?

I don’t think Ocon will replace Bottas. But anything could happen.

Max & Lewis could be a Lewis and Rosberg 2.0 if they team up. Lol.

Bottas will most likely return, although his performance this weekend will determine how much room they have to negotiate. He's a great #2 driver for them, and it's difficult to see them give Ocon that spot after being out of F1 for a year. I'd rather see George Russell in that spot though, he's a great driver and deserves better lol

Rumor is Ocon in the Renault and Hulkneberg in the Haas to replace Grosjean.
Makes sense since Renualt having a French driver will be a good look for them.

Congrats to Max on his first pole.

My predictions coming true but it's Bottas and Max on the front row. Hamilton lost it all in sector 1.

Max is officially in the title race now. No doubt.
Mercedes need to figure out their updates quick. They're also being left behind on engine power even though I think they still have the best engine on race day.

No overtaking on this track though so it should be an easy Max win.

2009 and 2012 were not on pole IIRC.

He had to pass Mark Webber both times.

EDIT: 2012 was on pole but also he won in 2016 qualifying second behind Rosberg

Last edited:
Does Hamilton ever get driver of the day? I don’t know how Max got it. Finished 2nd, after being on pole.

I guess it’s because it’s a fan vote and he’s mostly excluded since he’s in a Mercedes and he’s also the most hated driver in F1.

He didn’t even win driver of the day in the British GP where it seemed he dominated from FP1 until the race is over.

Put some respek on his name!!!!!
7th Hungary win, 81 in total.

I see the media has been lapping up the Verstappen is better than Hamilton agenda. Even Rosberg.
The changing of the guard will happen but give the man his due.

QvWccir.png

Masterclass throughout. Dispatching Bottas quickly then keeping up with Verstappen.
I was cussing Mercedes for leaving him out too long after Verstappen's pit stop but the way he closed that 6 second gap :wow:
Goes to show that race pace is still Lewis' strong point even with all those pole positions.

Great strategy by Merc and James Vowles, very Red Bull-esque and great drive my Lewis to have the pace to hunt him down.

Ferrari will be desperate for the summer break. Being a minute down is not a good look. They need downforce but at least they got Spa and Monza coming up next.

Congrats to George Russel. Can't wait for him to get into a better car.

Unfortunately the driver of the day voting is worthless, because most of the time the people are ignoring the performance of the drivers and vote solely based on who they like and dislike.

Definitely! If it wasn’t biased, Lewis for sure would have gotten driver of the day today with the intensity from lap 1 to 70.

Everyone is loving Max right now and people have been hating Lewis so there’s no way he could win. Max could end up in P20 and still probably would get it. Lol. Good thing they get not points for that. Just a put on the back.

Fastest lap is on the driver so that point is earned for sure.

Back
Top Bottom