F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

under the rules Max should be penalized for the next race but we all know that ain't happening.

Brake Testing falls under the FIA Sporting Regulations, Article 27.4 which states that- “At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person.”

If found guilty, the driver will have to endure points on his license followed by heavy repercussions in the next race. Brake Testing is considered reckless in Formula 1 and stewards do not tolerate cars slowing down on the track without any reason

under the rules Max should be penalized for the next race but we all know that ain't happening.

Brake Testing falls under the FIA Sporting Regulations, Article 27.4 which states that- “At no time may a car be driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or in a manner which could be deemed potentially dangerous to other drivers or any other person.”

If found guilty, the driver will have to endure points on his license followed by heavy repercussions in the next race. Brake Testing is considered reckless in Formula 1 and stewards do not tolerate cars slowing down on the track without any reason

Yea, but this would ruin the show. FIA or Liberty now have what they want which is a showdown.

It's the same reason why Max drove off the track to another zip code in Brazil to defend and got nothing for it.
Worst part is Max actually said in the press conference, why was it fine in Brazil but not in Saudi. He still doesn't think he did anything wrong and the FIA keep on setting bad precedence allowing this GTA racing.

Vettel got a 10sec stop and go after hitting Hamilton in Baku for dangerous driving. Max should've got a bigger time penalty or grid drop. He went to the middle of the track and is clearly looking in his mirrors and hits the brakes.

the broadcast on espn made it seem like they had told RBR about Max giving up his place but it wasn't yet communicated to Lewis.

this does kind of makes sense cause why wouldn't Lewis just pass him, it's hard to know for sure cause they do edit/limit the radio on the broadcast for dramatic effect.

this! I see why ham didn’t pass and ended up running into max. I can’t blame either of them for lack of communication.

:lol: :smh:

I might just have to delete the internet after Sunday if this happens.

I don't know why but this has me dying. :lol:

Team Principal and Driver at the same time.
How does that even work? :lol:

Congrats to Kobayashi though.

Ahhh… good ol Kamui. I can still remember his dive bomb overtakes and his ability to make them stick! 😂 Good for him! Really curious to see how this will work. 🤔

great analysis. just as I thought, Lewis refusing to
overtake strategically and ended up touching. Of
course all the blame is on Max for being dirty. Lewis
is really great at managing what he says on the radio
greatly shaping perspective/narrative.

Having read more analysis and watched the onboards a few more times, I do think that Lewis was mindful of the situation and was aware of the DRS line as well as the tactical aspect of it. I'm sure all the teams and drivers discuss this in their briefing. Having said that, Max definitely crossed the line multiple times in this race and was rightfully penalized... some might say not enough. His divebombs are pretty dangerous and just not good racing. He's better than that, IMO.

Anyway. This weekend will also be Kimi's last race in F1. It's a shame that some of the newer viewers will probably remember him for his demeanor, radio quips and memes... but we should absolutely remember him as one the fastest and most talented F1 drivers ever. On pure pace, he was right up there with the best.

It did last year, but it's been reprofiled and it looks like it might favor the Mercs. 14s/lap faster apparently.

Rumor from Ted is that Merc could throw in a new ICE for Lewis, take the 5-place pen and go full-power all the way.

It did last year, but it's been reprofiled and it looks like it might favor the Mercs. 14s/lap faster apparently.

Rumor from Ted is that Merc could throw in a new ICE for Lewis, take the 5-place pen and go full-power all the way.
If this happens i can see Max just crashing into Lewis as he tries to overtake :lol:

This track probably favors RB right ?

very difficult to say this year, but the new layout should favor Mercedes. They removed a couple slow corners. Plus the slightly wider radii in the final sector should help Mercedes. But we'll have to wait and see to what extent the changes there affect the speeds.

Without the high speed corners, Mercedes will be able to lower the rear more on the straights to reduce drag.

Imo: Whoever hits the setup sweetspot will be the favorite. FP2 will be massive regarding this and training the longrun

I can't imagine an ICE swap. Would be a huge risk to get back to P1 with Max driving away after the start.

I tried research but couldn’t find. How many DRS zones in Abu Dhabi?

two.
Here is the updated track map:
Jf7K6B1.jpeg

Seems like the track is a lot faster this year. It should favor Merc with the straight line speed but you never know. It's all about who nails the setup and who gets their tires in the right window. The back to back DRS zones will also play a major factor.

Anyway. This weekend will also be Kimi's last race in F1. It's a shame that some of the newer viewers will probably remember him for his demeanor, radio quips and memes... but we should absolutely remember him as one the fastest and most talented F1 drivers ever. On pure pace, he was right up there with the best.

Kimi is a legend.

I remember that race! I think that was the race where Webber vomited as well?
Also when Seb crashed into him, I think?

And you can totally still hear the traction control! It was so distinct!

Back
Top Bottom