F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Am I the only one that finds it very weird there has been not one mention of Christian Horner news in the F1 app?

Am I the only one that finds it very weird there has been not one mention of Christian Horner news in the F1 app?
I'm not surprised. They don't usually report this type of stuff 'officially'. It's usually the Autosports, the Motorsports, etc. websites.
Unless he leaves/gets released and there's a new TP coming in... then you'll see it in the F1 site.

I only use the F1 site for tech stuff anyway. For all the other news and gossip, you're better off using those websites.

I’d be interested in a documentary about the passive aggressive behavior by the media towards Lewis and his undeniable impact on the sport.

The mental gymnastics required to avoid giving the man his just due is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Pierre was having none of it 😂

The whole “statistically most successful driver ever” nonsense is the funniest way to passive aggressively avoid calling Lewis the GOAT too.

Imagine if F1 had the integrity to publish a masterpiece of an article like this:

IMG_3725.png
IMG_3726.png
IMG_3727.png
IMG_3728.png

Had to dive into the initial analysis of these RB20 renders and it looks like Newey has blown everyone's minds again... 😨
Merc couldn't get the Zero-pod concept to work, so they decided to have a go at it...

Seems like the Thai majority owners of RB are standing behind him, however the pressure from Ford will probably do him in.

Seems like the Thai majority owners of RB are standing behind him, however the pressure from Ford will probably do him in.

Isn’t the principal Thai shareholder the same guy who killed someone in his Ferrari a while back while suffering no consequences?

And isn’t the person who broke this story (Erik Van Haren) basically batting a thousand on all Verstappen related news? The guy is never wrong about Max and always the first to report anything significant related to Verstappen.

The only thing working in Horner’s favor at this point is that F1 is the most “anything goes” environment I’ve ever seen in pro sports- Racism, Sexism, Abuse, Assorted violence, Not adhering to written rules, Altering rules on the fly- Christian could survive all of this just based on the precedent already set for decades in the sport.

Someone made an interesting point on Twitter about the FIA’s complete silence on this: What’s funny is that last season when Lewis crossed the active Track after retiring from a race the FIA made a huge deal about reprimanding him because he is a “Icon/Role Model in the sport and people look up to him”. But to no surprise Christian, one of the most front-facing, longest tenured members of the sport hasn’t even been temporarily removed from his duties while the investigation continues and the FIA haven’t even acknowledged that this is ongoing.

The hell is up with that?

Isn’t the principal Thai shareholder the same guy who killed someone in his Ferrari a while back while suffering no consequences?

And isn’t the person who broke this story (Erik Van Haren) basically batting a thousand on all Verstappen related news? The guy is never wrong about Max and always the first to report anything significant related to Verstappen.

The only thing working in Horner’s favor at this point is that F1 is the most “anything goes” environment I’ve ever seen in pro sports- Racism, Sexism, Abuse, Assorted violence, Not adhering to written rules, Altering rules on the fly- Christian could survive all of this just based on the precedent already set for decades in the sport.

Someone made an interesting point on Twitter about the FIA’s complete silence on this: What’s funny is that last season when Lewis crossed the active Track after retiring from a race the FIA made a huge deal about reprimanding him because he is a “Icon/Role Model in the sport and people look up to him”. But to no surprise Christian, one of the most front-facing, longest tenured members of the sport hasn’t even been temporarily removed from his duties while the investigation continues and the FIA haven’t even acknowledged that this is ongoing.

The hell is up with that?

Yeah that was the son of the current head of the RB group. Van Haren has sources deep within Red Bull beyond the Verstappen camp, I don't really doubt anything he's saying in this case. The only reason Horner hasn't been removed during the investigation is because of the Thai family's protection, but beyond Ford, it sounds like Oracle and possibly other sponsors are adding pressure so it's only a matter of time. The FIA/FOM being silent is no surprise though, they won't say anything or report on something that hasn't been resolved, especially when it's outside of their control.

Back
Top Bottom