FALLING ASLEEP AT WORK

Originally Posted by sonunox34

The last two nights I've gotten four and five hrs of sleep, respectively. Today I was so close to putting my head down on my keyboard. I knew it would have looked ridiculous, but I wanted to. I know that might be considered a good amount of sleep for some people, but there's just something about sitting in a cubicle looking at a computer for eight hours that makes me tired.
One time when I was 19, I had my own office at this internship and I took a nap on the carpet floor with the door locked.
eek.gif
eek.gif

i have an internship and did this for the first two days. And just plain sleeping on the desk damn near every other day.  I'm in a cubical though and they stuck me in a corner where no one goes. I got no sleep the first two days because i chose to go out than actually sleep. I pretended like I was fixing something behind the back of the computer and got back up 45 mins later like it's been 2 mins
laugh.gif
. Pretty sure no one cared about me at all in the business, never got caught sleeping though. At least under the desk. Any other time I just threw the chair on the lowest possible setting where no one can see me and get those 40 winks.

I usually end up going into a sitting coma/sleep for like the first hour and a half a lot because there is literally no work for me and I just sit behind the computer for the entire day, waiting for something. Even niketalk/ google surfing can't keep my mind alive at times. Heard one of the secretaries making jokes because i fell asleep to the other people in the office, no one cared one bit. I can usually wake up when someone is walking to my area, once my boss snuck up though. Didn't catch me sleep but I had hella drool on my face 
sick.gif

This habit may have repercussions when I get a real job, but until then
glasses.gif

6 hours is a good nights rest for me. I work an average of 10 hours a day and its somewhat hard physical labor so theres no chance im falling asleep at work

Yo, sitting behind a computer crunching numbers for 8 hours is no joke. I try to stay awake but there are times where my mind just shuts off and take 1-2 mins naps because I'm afraid of getting caught.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom