Fat or Obese NTers. Why?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

I miss the fat sol 
frown.gif
Realtalk, I'm turning into a douche.

roll.gif
what is it going to take to humble you people. my friend lost like 30 pounds and ever since she thinks shes the truth. its making her mean...she talks about fat people all the time now...like she dosent want to sit or stand next to them.

I just be like
indifferent.gif
. I dont even like hanging around her for this reason.
I know exactly what you talking about my boy be dogging some of our friends calling them all type of fat just because he lost a decent amount of weight.He be having me crying saying hat type of girls wants a man that look like snuggles with boobs
laugh.gif
or who wants a man that can't hit it right without getting all tired and sweaty I be dying yo.

I miss the fat sol 
frown.gif

roll.gif
what is it going to take to humble you people. my friend lost like 30 pounds and ever since she thinks shes the truth. its making her mean...she talks about fat people all the time now...like she dosent want to sit or stand next to them.

I just be like
indifferent.gif
its probably because she hated being over-weight so now that she is slimmer is just projecting that hate on others.

and i don't see how losing weight is easier than gaining it.

I miss the fat sol 
frown.gif

roll.gif

I just be like
indifferent.gif
its probably because she hated being over-weight so now that she is slimmer is just projecting that hate on others.

I use to be fat back in college.  Being athletic in HS (football, basketball, track) then when I started college the weight came unitl in 2005 I was at 252lbs. 

In 2006 I was told to lose weight or be put on blood pressure medication, I was 24 at the time.  Started doing cardio, then incorporated the weights

Now in 2011 Im at 183 pounds, got the muscles, got the 5 pack (darn those Gummi Bears
grin.gif
) and strong as a motha....
pimp.gif

Went from a 2XL/40 waist to a L/34 Waist fitness is now apart of my daily living.  I NEVER want to be that huge again, was looking like a black hippo

I use to be fat back in college.  Being athletic in HS (football, basketball, track) then when I started college the weight came unitl in 2005 I was at 252lbs. 

In 2006 I was told to lose weight or be put on blood pressure medication, I was 24 at the time.  Started doing cardio, then incorporated the weights

Now in 2011 Im at 183 pounds, got the muscles, got the 5 pack (darn those Gummi Bears
grin.gif
) and strong as a motha....
pimp.gif

Went from a 2XL/40 waist to a L/34 Waist fitness is now apart of my daily living.  I NEVER want to be that huge again, was looking like a black hippo

Originally Posted by kilojules64

i was a big girl until last summer, really. I was fat as a child, lost a lot of weight in middle school and then my weight kind of yoyo'd in my high school years because I dropped out and gained lots of weight and then started college and lost the weight again. Basically, when I was home being depressed eating a lot and not doing anything, I got fat. When I got active again, I lost the weight, the connection was pretty black and white in my case.

Now I'm chilling, I go to the gym regularly and diet now and then if I feel like I want to lose a couple of pounds but I'm pretty good where I am *shrug*
Before and after pics?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by kilojules64

i was a big girl until last summer, really. I was fat as a child, lost a lot of weight in middle school and then my weight kind of yoyo'd in my high school years because I dropped out and gained lots of weight and then started college and lost the weight again. Basically, when I was home being depressed eating a lot and not doing anything, I got fat. When I got active again, I lost the weight, the connection was pretty black and white in my case.

Now I'm chilling, I go to the gym regularly and diet now and then if I feel like I want to lose a couple of pounds but I'm pretty good where I am *shrug*
Before and after pics?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

roll.gif

I just be like
indifferent.gif

thats not an excuse. i understand what youre saying though.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

roll.gif

I just be like
indifferent.gif

thats not an excuse. i understand what youre saying though.

Y'all are some cold-hearted and sick people if you're making excuses for American troops who violate the Geneva Conventions. NO this type of @$+@ and war does NOT go hand in hand, and saying it does goes against every protocol of war established by the civilized countries of this world.

Every soldier who acts wrongly towards civilians and prisoners of war (and trust me there are hundreds if not thousands who do) should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. There have been many reports of such atrocities reported by foreign sources, one such example: http://www.globalresearch...context=va&aid=21020
OF COURSE, the majority of the American public does not hear the full extent of these war crimes, mainly because large news corps. have lobbyist working for their interests, and saying something against the institution you're trying to get something from isn't exactly sound logic.

Now I'm not saying the United States government sanctions these types of horrific actions (at least at the highest levels of gov), but it stands to reason that many of the atrocities committed by soldiers are brushed under the carpet and overlooked. The logic behind this is obvious, bad for public relations, bad for war support, bad for third-party funding, would invigorate terrorist cells, etc.

So yes, it is indeed fair to blame the government for much of this. The only government with a worse record of violating international war laws is Israel. Many steps could be taken to avoid such tragedies in the future, i.e. better screening/evaluation of soldiers, swifter and more severe punishments, stricter scrutiny, etc.

Y'all are some cold-hearted and sick people if you're making excuses for American troops who violate the Geneva Conventions. NO this type of @$+@ and war does NOT go hand in hand, and saying it does goes against every protocol of war established by the civilized countries of this world.

Every soldier who acts wrongly towards civilians and prisoners of war (and trust me there are hundreds if not thousands who do) should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. There have been many reports of such atrocities reported by foreign sources, one such example: http://www.globalresearch...context=va&aid=21020
OF COURSE, the majority of the American public does not hear the full extent of these war crimes, mainly because large news corps. have lobbyist working for their interests, and saying something against the institution you're trying to get something from isn't exactly sound logic.

Now I'm not saying the United States government sanctions these types of horrific actions (at least at the highest levels of gov), but it stands to reason that many of the atrocities committed by soldiers are brushed under the carpet and overlooked. The logic behind this is obvious, bad for public relations, bad for war support, bad for third-party funding, would invigorate terrorist cells, etc.

So yes, it is indeed fair to blame the government for much of this. The only government with a worse record of violating international war laws is Israel. Many steps could be taken to avoid such tragedies in the future, i.e. better screening/evaluation of soldiers, swifter and more severe punishments, stricter scrutiny, etc.

I went through the post your girl thread...

Nah, I'm kidding. Just have to realize how much better life is in shape. More energy, more confidence...you just get more stuff done.

I went through the post your girl thread...

Nah, I'm kidding. Just have to realize how much better life is in shape. More energy, more confidence...you just get more stuff done.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I'm fat for many reasons

I am my father's son. What I mean by that is, my dad is slightly heavyset and I am a spittin image of him. My mother on the other hand is very slender, more athletic build and my brothers all got her genes. Me FTL.

I have a complex where if there is food in front of me, I will eat it, even if I am not hungry. Ever since I was a child, I was taught/forced to finish my meal before I was allowed to get up from the table. As an adult that has carried over. Its like a mental block x personal challenge. Do not leave food on the plate.

I make just enough money where I am not rich, but I can afford to eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it. I love french cuisine and that stuff is not easy on the calorie count. I also love pork products (bacon, lechon, prosciutto, and more). The guy who works the charcuterie counter at my local Bristol Farms loves me because I buy (and consume) enough prosciutto, jamon, speck, salumi, and pancetta to feed a small army each week.

I hate to do repetitive exercise (like lifting, long distance running, cycling, swimming, etc...). I enjoy playing sports but in my advanced age (31 this year) I feel it catching up and I get extra sore after a good session of basketball or other sport. Also, most of my boys live about 50 miles away from me so I dont see them on the regular like I used to so its harder for me to jus call em up to go play some pickup ball or anything like that. Most of my friends that live around me are the non-sporting/unathletic type, or they are into stuff that I cant really dig (like triathalons, marathon running, etc...)

Lastly, I'm married. I aint gotta work as hard to impress the ladies, since I got mine locked up. I call it content/happy fat

excuses excuses......

hahahaha well obviously.

im not in denial.  i know that a good deal of my weight issues are of my own doing.  as dumb as it sounds (and i know it sounds dumb) but the pleasure that i get from eating what i want, drinking copious amounts of booze, and relaxing on the couch with some
pimp.gif
 outweights the bad feelings i have about being a fatty (most of the time).  right now i do just enough to maintain not getting any fatter (I'm just under 6'0 and 205lb).  i'll probably sign up at my local BJJ gym next week because that seems like a much more entertaining alternative to getting up at 6am three times a week for my bootcamp class which I absolutely dread.  

- huh? thats not even fat foreal..........we talking semi-obese to obese, you know, like Bastich?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

I'm fat for many reasons

I am my father's son. What I mean by that is, my dad is slightly heavyset and I am a spittin image of him. My mother on the other hand is very slender, more athletic build and my brothers all got her genes. Me FTL.

I have a complex where if there is food in front of me, I will eat it, even if I am not hungry. Ever since I was a child, I was taught/forced to finish my meal before I was allowed to get up from the table. As an adult that has carried over. Its like a mental block x personal challenge. Do not leave food on the plate.

I make just enough money where I am not rich, but I can afford to eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it. I love french cuisine and that stuff is not easy on the calorie count. I also love pork products (bacon, lechon, prosciutto, and more). The guy who works the charcuterie counter at my local Bristol Farms loves me because I buy (and consume) enough prosciutto, jamon, speck, salumi, and pancetta to feed a small army each week.

I hate to do repetitive exercise (like lifting, long distance running, cycling, swimming, etc...). I enjoy playing sports but in my advanced age (31 this year) I feel it catching up and I get extra sore after a good session of basketball or other sport. Also, most of my boys live about 50 miles away from me so I dont see them on the regular like I used to so its harder for me to jus call em up to go play some pickup ball or anything like that. Most of my friends that live around me are the non-sporting/unathletic type, or they are into stuff that I cant really dig (like triathalons, marathon running, etc...)

Lastly, I'm married. I aint gotta work as hard to impress the ladies, since I got mine locked up. I call it content/happy fat

excuses excuses......

hahahaha well obviously.

im not in denial.  i know that a good deal of my weight issues are of my own doing.  as dumb as it sounds (and i know it sounds dumb) but the pleasure that i get from eating what i want, drinking copious amounts of booze, and relaxing on the couch with some
pimp.gif
 outweights the bad feelings i have about being a fatty (most of the time).  right now i do just enough to maintain not getting any fatter (I'm just under 6'0 and 205lb).  i'll probably sign up at my local BJJ gym next week because that seems like a much more entertaining alternative to getting up at 6am three times a week for my bootcamp class which I absolutely dread.  

- huh? thats not even fat foreal..........we talking semi-obese to obese, you know, like Bastich?

roll.gif

I just be like
indifferent.gif
Make no mistake, I remain humble as far as judgement on myself goes. Now more than ever, people (and especially these girls) pay me compliments and I just say "Nah, stop flattering me, I'm not all that" or "Thank you" and keep it moving. I'm not out here like "I'm the coolest ninja in the world, and I'll drive your ho to mexico." I don't act mean when unprovoked. What it is, for me at least, is all the new attention I get from old people. Now that I'm more confident in myself and really speak my mind (and don't let people clown me about my weight, which was a regular thing back in those days) people take it for arrogance when really it's not. I act the same way, make the same jokes, and all that. But now that I bettered myself, I'm the bad guy because they can't get back at me.

That leaves me with a jaded feeling, and a lot of times I just don't mess with people after they get mad at me for saying something that I would have said regardless. Then they call me a douche/*+@/etc because they got offended and tell me how I changed.

*shrug*

roll.gif

I just be like
indifferent.gif
Make no mistake, I remain humble as far as judgement on myself goes. Now more than ever, people (and especially these girls) pay me compliments and I just say "Nah, stop flattering me, I'm not all that" or "Thank you" and keep it moving. I'm not out here like "I'm the coolest ninja in the world, and I'll drive your ho to mexico." I don't act mean when unprovoked. What it is, for me at least, is all the new attention I get from old people. Now that I'm more confident in myself and really speak my mind (and don't let people clown me about my weight, which was a regular thing back in those days) people take it for arrogance when really it's not. I act the same way, make the same jokes, and all that. But now that I bettered myself, I'm the bad guy because they can't get back at me.

That leaves me with a jaded feeling, and a lot of times I just don't mess with people after they get mad at me for saying something that I would have said regardless. Then they call me a douche/*+@/etc because they got offended and tell me how I changed.

*shrug*

Originally Posted by proper english

cef162415061d7e6b297d61d21865d3b7dbd97d2.gif

what....

cef162415061d7e6b297d61d21865d3b7dbd97d2.gif

what....

Back
Top Bottom