Father Indicted For Beating Daughters Over ‘Twerking’ Video

Clearly these kids got this from watching the way people around them act. Has nothing to do with beatings, you can set a good example for your children without hitting them.

Never said the vid had anything to do with beatings. I was just saying " Gotta protect your kids from as much crap as you can as early as you can". Crap on tv, watch who you bring them around and what you allow to influence them. (your own behavior included) Nobodies, perfect, but we all just gotta keep our eyes open and really pay attention to what we know our kids are taking in.

I think I got it the worst out of anyone I knew.

My old man use to beat me outside in the street in front of people and my friends.

Mother use to beat me.

Sister's use to hold me to catch a beating.

Aunts use to beat me.

Damn homie, your whole family was Putting in Work. At least you didn't get beaten in school, word to third world countries.

What they got was NOTHING!

My mother once hobbled me like Annie Wilkes for staying out past 5 PM.

good

im tired of people advocating that hitting and beating your child is okay.

Same people who would call police brutality if a cop disciplines them with force. Americans are soft, in Canada cops beat criminals up all the time.

Semi-srs

Last edited:
That was pretty over dramatic, but I don't think anyone in this thread knows enough of the history of this family to make any judgement.
It could be that he beats his children in fits of rage, or it could be he tried every recourse to reach his daughters and eventually went old school to get to them. Really it could be none of those or a little bit of both, or an almost infinite combination of many factors.

You cant even discipline your kids anymore.
mean.gif
ur mad u can't hit your kids? what kind of monster are you 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Highly doubt the mom called the police

That is just the cops/media lying to yall

This.

I've have been beat with whatever was in arms reach if it wasn't sharp or a solid. Imagine getting beat with a power rangers toy box with the toys in it. He was disciplining his kids. It was not that serious.

Moms threw a screwdriver at me one time
Lucky it missed

Last edited:
I do believe in spanking and discipline but I also think he overdid it. Especially on the second girl. Those cords can break skin and even though these girls are behaving too grown, they are still really young. A grown man swatting them with them cords was too much. If that was a belt I wouldn't think so harshly. But them cords ain't no joke. I also read that the kids don't live with the dad and they were just visitng him. I assume that's why his wife didn't hesitate to call the cops.

^ My mother beat me plenty of times never left any welts or physical marks...

Watch some fool quote me saying shes not doing it right

You don't have to be physical to discipline your children.

How would you approach it? Not trying to bait you into an argument but I honestly think there has to be a larger conversation on this topic nationally. Way too many things that young kids are doing that they should definately not be doing.

that wasnt a beating ....just seen the vid. Home boy was swinging a little to hard like was going for the homerun with his girls but when emotion ran high. At the end of the day the girls still live to see another day. People was acting like he was physically beating them with his fist or something. It was less than 30 seconds. Man we are getting soft if we saying he needs to go to jail for that. No one grandparents use to whoop them with switch.

How to not be a lazy parent 101:

Luckily American kids are privileged and have things that could be taken away. Even the poorest of Americans have luxuries that can be taken away.

1. Strictly enforced curfew
2. Take away cell phone
3. Take away TV
4. Take away internet and comp (this one is critical). They can't fb, instagram, talk to friends, or post twerk vid at least not from home.
5. Go through her clothes, take away anything that could be considered sexy or fashionable. Replace with Mormon clothes with the chastity belt attached.
6. Take locks off doors.
7. It takes money to buy make-up, get hair done. Take all that away so she looks as unattractive as possible.
8. Suspend all after-school activities that don't have to do with academics (eg cheerleading)-This would take collaboration with school staff.

Positive reinforcement and return of privileges + additional reward for good behavior

1. Good grades
2. Obeying the rules

Getting physical should always be a last resort. Grounding does nothing, parents ground their kids to go to their room full of stuff they can do (TV, comp, etc). Doing it wrong. I forget the comedian who said kids get grounded to their room, so they can fap on the internet all day. :lol:

Most importantly be there to talk to your kids as much as possible, know what's going on in their lives. Apparently, this dude didn't even live with them. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom