**** Finals Week Breh

Longest paper I've written in college was 12 pages, which included a couple pages for graphs and figures for a Organic Chem report I had to write. You dudes out here writing novels :lol:

I have 4 finals next week all each day. 1 is a joke, one is okay, but my last 2 are going to be :x

We just finished up this week. Straight As again. Graduated with a 3.8.

How do yall study? How often do yall study? For those of yall staying up till the wee hours of the morning, is that even worth it? Aren't you groggy and tired to retain any of the information? Full time workers how are your studying habits like?

I dropped out but could have graduated this semester .... the feels man... :frown:
I never study until the night before. It's a waste of time otherwise because I'll just forget it. I know in class if I'm confused by the information, so I'll ask questions then. 99% of the time, it's straight forward so no need for questions. I'm an accounting & finance major by the way.

I take afternoon classes. So let's say I have a test Tuesday at 3 PM. On Monday, I'm done with class at 4 PM. I'll get something to eat immediately afterwards, then I turn my phone off & actually go to sleep at 5-6 PM. I sleep for 8 hours so I'll wake up around 1-2 AM. Then take about an hour to get something else to eat from Cookout or Ihop or somewhere & just chill.

Then from 3AM until test time, so about 12 hours non-stop, I literally look at every single thing that's gonna be on the test. I might take a break for an hour or so if I feel like it.

Works EXTREMELY well. I retain everything. Just graduated Magna Cum Laude. Would've been Summa if I had starting doing this in freshman year.

It's just pointless for me to look at stuff days/weeks in advance because I just won't retain it at all. It's fresher on my mind if I look at it hours before the test. Same reason why I never do study groups.

Last edited:

How do yall study? How often do yall study? For those of yall staying up till the wee hours of the morning, is that even worth it? Aren't you groggy and tired to retain any of the information? Full time workers how are your studying habits like?

I dropped out but could have graduated this semester .... the feels man... :frown:
I never study until the night before. It's a waste of time otherwise because I'll just forget it. I know in class if I'm confused by the information, so I'll ask questions then. 99% of the time, it's straight forward so no need for questions. I'm an accounting & finance major by the way.

I take afternoon classes. So let's say I have a test Tuesday at 3 PM. On Monday, I'm done with class at 4 PM. I'll get something to eat immediately afterwards, then I turn my phone off & actually go to sleep at 5-6 PM. I sleep for 8 hours so I'll wake up around 1-2 AM. Then take about an hour to get something else to eat from Cookout or Ihop or somewhere & just chill.

Then from 3AM until test time, so about 12 hours non-stop, I literally look at every single thing that's gonna be on the test. I might take a break for an hour or so if I feel like it.

Works EXTREMELY well. I retain everything. Just graduated Magna Cum Laude. Would've been Summa if I had starting doing this in freshman year.

It's just pointless for me to look at stuff days/weeks in advance because I just won't retain it at all. It's fresher on my mind if I look at it hours before the test. Same reason why I never do study groups.

Wish I could do this... my slacking levels in undergrad and grad are over 9000. :smh: :lol:

This works sometimes but it won't work for every course and every school. I have done this before though, but it was methodically planned where I knew that I could pull this off. Otherwise it's a week in advanced I do a little bit for 2-3 days for 2 subjects and then move onto the next 2 for the next few days and then come back. Every 4-6 hours of studying I try to get a 1 hour nap. I work now so I make sure to save my vacation and personal days leading up to finals. Thankfully this is my last full semester, just 2 summer classes left.

Back
Top Bottom