Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure....Good or Bad?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by kidplay

Originally Posted by ErickM713

On the fence about this.
I mean I've known people who are on welfare who don't do drugs, but then I've known people on welfare who are dope heads.

how does this put you on the fence? if they aren't on drugs, they would have no problem passing the drug test and qualifying for welfare.

This.

I hope this *%%* get's nationalized. I'm all for helping the less fortunate out. However, I'm not busting my *!+ at work to support somebody's drug habit.

On the fence about this.
I mean I've known people who are on welfare who don't do drugs, but then I've known people on welfare who are dope heads.

how does this put you on the fence? if they aren't on drugs, they would have no problem passing the drug test and qualifying for welfare.

This.

I hope this *%%* get's nationalized. I'm all for helping the less fortunate out. However, I'm not busting my *!+ at work to support somebody's drug habit.
QFT!

On the fence about this.

This.

QFT!

You guys really think that cutting someone's welfare check will stop them from using drugs? They will find other ways to get it, which means higher crime rates. And what do we do with all the people then who will have lost their accommodations? There would be a need for more shelters, group homes, foster homes etc..That would cost a lot more than giving a welfare recipient their monthly check. More families would also be separated because parents would be deemed unfit to raise their child because they failed a drug test. And what if someone is a good parent but they recently lost their job and are forced to depend on welfare. What if all they do is smoke marijuana, yet because of this they are cut off from their funds and lose their children? It's really not as simple as cut off their funds and they will become clean.

You guys really think that cutting someone's welfare check will stop them from using drugs? They will find other ways to get it, which means higher crime rates. And what do we do with all the people then who will have lost their accommodations? There would be a need for more shelters, group homes, foster homes etc..That would cost a lot more than giving a welfare recipient their monthly check. More families would also be separated because parents would be deemed unfit to raise their child because they failed a drug test. And what if someone is a good parent but they recently lost their job and are forced to depend on welfare. What if all they do is smoke marijuana, yet because of this they are cut off from their funds and lose their children? It's really not as simple as cut off their funds and they will become clean.

It's a good law...for Rick Scott. 
laugh.gif
Because he'll be the one who has the most gain off this.

It's a good law...for Rick Scott. 
laugh.gif
Because he'll be the one who has the most gain off this.

Originally Posted by rashi

For the people who are cool with this...

What if the government started drug testing students who file for FAFSA? Or drug testing checkpoints on the road? Would you also be cool with that? Ya'll have to understand the precedence these laws like this will have.

You think these Congressman, Senate, thousands of bureaucrats will make a law that has themselves drug tested? Hell naw. They take tax payer money too, but its you cattle that are chained to the pens that have to obey these immoral laws.

THIS.

People are really missing the forest for the trees.  This isn't about TANF or even Pell Grants.  Do y'all understand how much money every level of government "gives" to people for various purposes?  Or the amount of things "subsidized" by the government?  Why are we singling out and demonizing TANF recipients and ignoring the millions of other people who receive money from the government in one form or another?

Someone in favor of this law please address this.

Originally Posted by rashi

For the people who are cool with this...

What if the government started drug testing students who file for FAFSA? Or drug testing checkpoints on the road? Would you also be cool with that? Ya'll have to understand the precedence these laws like this will have.

You think these Congressman, Senate, thousands of bureaucrats will make a law that has themselves drug tested? Hell naw. They take tax payer money too, but its you cattle that are chained to the pens that have to obey these immoral laws.

THIS.

People are really missing the forest for the trees.  This isn't about TANF or even Pell Grants.  Do y'all understand how much money every level of government "gives" to people for various purposes?  Or the amount of things "subsidized" by the government?  Why are we singling out and demonizing TANF recipients and ignoring the millions of other people who receive money from the government in one form or another?

Someone in favor of this law please address this.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by crcballer55

While I agree with this, I also believe that an even better first step would be to require welfare recipients to work for their checks (unless they can prove a handicap that would prevent them from doing so).  Not only would it force them to actually earn their money it would help them build work skills and they would have the ability to get off of welfare and make a better life for themselves.
SMART MAN
pimp.gif
BIG +1
pimp.gif

While I agree with this, I also believe that an even better first step would be to require welfare recipients to work for their checks (unless they can prove a handicap that would prevent them from doing so).  Not only would it force them to actually earn their money it would help them build work skills and they would have the ability to get off of welfare and make a better life for themselves.
SMART MAN
pimp.gif
BIG +1
pimp.gif

SMART MAN
pimp.gif

SMART MAN
pimp.gif

From the same guy who wants to cut unemployment insurance from 26 weeks to 23 weeks.. And to 12 weeks if unemployment goes down to 5%.. Especially when they have an 11% unemployment rate.. Anything this +@$!!!% signs or suggest that has to do with a program that helps people, chances are is a terrible idea..

From the same guy who wants to cut unemployment insurance from 26 weeks to 23 weeks.. And to 12 weeks if unemployment goes down to 5%.. Especially when they have an 11% unemployment rate.. Anything this +@$!!!% signs or suggest that has to do with a program that helps people, chances are is a terrible idea..

Originally Posted by pip777

SMART MAN
pimp.gif

This x3

Originally Posted by pip777

SMART MAN
pimp.gif

This x3

Not sure this is going to solve anything. In Washington st. if a person is a known drug user, they have extremely limited access to their cash benefits. While this law sounds good and strums the heart strings of conservatives, it cant be any better than other laws in place now.

Not sure this is going to solve anything. In Washington st. if a person is a known drug user, they have extremely limited access to their cash benefits. While this law sounds good and strums the heart strings of conservatives, it cant be any better than other laws in place now.

They should stop giving people money period and just strictly give out free #!$*. Food, housing, clothing, etc.

You can piss clean from crack or dope easy. Alcoholics get a free pass too, word to Frank Gallagher. God forbid they wanna smoke a blunt every once in a while to forget that they're poor
ohwell.gif

I have seen welfare abused firsthand, but most of the time it's on Nikes or rims or gambling.

They should stop giving people money period and just strictly give out free #!$*. Food, housing, clothing, etc.

You can piss clean from crack or dope easy. Alcoholics get a free pass too, word to Frank Gallagher. God forbid they wanna smoke a blunt every once in a while to forget that they're poor
ohwell.gif

I have seen welfare abused firsthand, but most of the time it's on Nikes or rims or gambling.

Back
Top Bottom