Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure....Good or Bad?

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

well for one college kids are not wasting my tax money
roll.gif
@ you thinking financial aid isn't going to Jordans, louis purses, video games...

Do people on welfare have to pay that money back?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

well for one college kids are not wasting my tax money
roll.gif
@ you thinking financial aid isn't going to Jordans, louis purses, video games...

Do people on welfare have to pay that money back?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

While I agree with this, I also believe that an even better first step would be to require welfare recipients to work for their checks (unless they can prove a handicap that would prevent them from doing so).  Not only would it force them to actually earn their money it would help them build work skills and they would have the ability to get off of welfare and make a better life for themselves.

While I agree with this, I also believe that an even better first step would be to require welfare recipients to work for their checks (unless they can prove a handicap that would prevent them from doing so).  Not only would it force them to actually earn their money it would help them build work skills and they would have the ability to get off of welfare and make a better life for themselves.

Originally Posted by prymone

well for one college kids are not wasting my tax money, and 2 the government is not paying/helping me pay for my car so no that is a horrible equation

In 2008, the National Center for Education Statistics recorded that only 22% graduation rate for for-profit college, 54% for private non-profit and 64% for public non-profit schools. Those rates are pathetic. Most people in college shouldn't even be in college, they are only there because they have been indoctrinated in thinking that the only way they can get a good job or be successful is to go to college. They graduate after taking tens of thousands of dollars in debt and aren't even skilled enough to get a job and end up defaulting.

Also, the government holds a monopoly on who can and who can't drive a car. They issue the licenses, so if they want to take a drug test, breath-a-lizer, they can do it.

Originally Posted by prymone

well for one college kids are not wasting my tax money, and 2 the government is not paying/helping me pay for my car so no that is a horrible equation

In 2008, the National Center for Education Statistics recorded that only 22% graduation rate for for-profit college, 54% for private non-profit and 64% for public non-profit schools. Those rates are pathetic. Most people in college shouldn't even be in college, they are only there because they have been indoctrinated in thinking that the only way they can get a good job or be successful is to go to college. They graduate after taking tens of thousands of dollars in debt and aren't even skilled enough to get a job and end up defaulting.

Also, the government holds a monopoly on who can and who can't drive a car. They issue the licenses, so if they want to take a drug test, breath-a-lizer, they can do it.

Originally Posted by crcballer55

SMART MAN
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by crcballer55

SMART MAN
pimp.gif

As a citizen I do not want my tax dollars funding drug addicts who are on welfare, I lived in the hood and many people who are on welfare are def drug addicts, I never understood this. I completely agree with this. this

As a citizen I do not want my tax dollars funding drug addicts who are on welfare, I lived in the hood and many people who are on welfare are def drug addicts, I never understood this. I completely agree with this. this

I'm not totally opposed to drugs but this is a good thing. Not sayin all welfare recipients waste their money but this is one less thing they can waste their money on

I'm not totally opposed to drugs but this is a good thing. Not sayin all welfare recipients waste their money but this is one less thing they can waste their money on

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

When they overdose and get taken to the hospital, who do you think pays for that?

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

When they overdose and get taken to the hospital, who do you think pays for that?

For the people who are cool with this...

What if the government started drug testing students who file for FAFSA? Or drug testing checkpoints on the road? Would you also be cool with that? Ya'll have to understand the precedence these laws like this will have.

You think these Congressman, Senate, thousands of bureaucrats will make a law that has themselves drug tested? Hell naw. They take tax payer money too, but its you cattle that are chained to the pens that have to obey these immoral laws.

I'm 100% cool with it.

If you NEED FAFSA and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the time comes.

If you NEED welfare and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the times comes.

It's not a race issue. It's not a rich v. poor issue. It's the simple issue that drugs are illegal, whether you are poor, rich, black or white. If you want FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for something, you better be working your +@+ off while receiving it, or atleast trying too.

Don't give me cop out excuses that this is unfair. It's not.

For the people who are cool with this...

What if the government started drug testing students who file for FAFSA? Or drug testing checkpoints on the road? Would you also be cool with that? Ya'll have to understand the precedence these laws like this will have.

You think these Congressman, Senate, thousands of bureaucrats will make a law that has themselves drug tested? Hell naw. They take tax payer money too, but its you cattle that are chained to the pens that have to obey these immoral laws.

I'm 100% cool with it.

If you NEED FAFSA and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the time comes.

If you NEED welfare and the only way to get it is to pass a drug test, then you better believe you better piss clean when the times comes.

It's not a race issue. It's not a rich v. poor issue. It's the simple issue that drugs are illegal, whether you are poor, rich, black or white. If you want FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE for something, you better be working your +@+ off while receiving it, or atleast trying too.

Don't give me cop out excuses that this is unfair. It's not.

To the people bringing up financial aid in this, yall do know you have to pay back federal government loans right? So unless people on welfare are borrowing this money that is not a very sound argument.

Unless you're getting govt grants, which very few people get. If a student is spending all his money on shoes, he's shooting himself in the foot.

To the people bringing up financial aid in this, yall do know you have to pay back federal government loans right? So unless people on welfare are borrowing this money that is not a very sound argument.

Unless you're getting govt grants, which very few people get. If a student is spending all his money on shoes, he's shooting himself in the foot.

^A lot of people get Pell Grants.

And yes some people use student loans for clothes,cars etc...and if they're dumb enough to do that you think they give a **@% about paying it back?

^A lot of people get Pell Grants.

And yes some people use student loans for clothes,cars etc...and if they're dumb enough to do that you think they give a **@% about paying it back?

If they can afford drugs, they can afford to feed their kids without welfare.

and not ALL druggies are on welfare........Some people sell food stamps just to pay their rent or buy clothes/shoes for their kids. (at least the girl we used to buy our foodstamps from did)

If they can afford drugs, they can afford to feed their kids without welfare.

and not ALL druggies are on welfare........Some people sell food stamps just to pay their rent or buy clothes/shoes for their kids. (at least the girl we used to buy our foodstamps from did)

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by kidplay

Originally Posted by ErickM713

On the fence about this.
I mean I've known people who are on welfare who don't do drugs, but then I've known people on welfare who are dope heads.

how does this put you on the fence? if they aren't on drugs, they would have no problem passing the drug test and qualifying for welfare.

This.

I hope this *%%* get's nationalized. I'm all for helping the less fortunate out. However, I'm not busting my *!+ at work to support somebody's drug habit.

Back
Top Bottom