Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure....Good or Bad?

search "florida" on wshh

5 Ol Dutty Miami Jamaicans Rumble At A Reggae Club In Miami Florida! (Tiddays, Weaves & Eye Lashes All Out)

Latina Teacher From Florida Gets 10 Years In Prison For Having Sex With Teens!
The Block Aint Safe No More: Wild Brawl Breaks Out In The Hood In Florida! (Mother Comes Out With A Steel Chair, Group Gets With Baseball Bats & More)
Clueless: Female Teen In Florida Calls 911 On Her Self When Trying To Steal A Car! (Dispatchers Listened In As Youngsters Argue Over What They Want To Take)
Cop Arrested In Florida For Allegedly Squeezing Breast Milk From A Mother!
Florida Woman Says Her Love Handles Saved Her Life After Being Shot! & Now Plans On Putting On More Weight
Jerkin Goes Wrong: Rival Jerk Crews In Florida Takes It To Throwing Hands & One Kid Gets Snuffed (That Jerk Movement Looks Serious)
Heartless: 65yr Old Woman Beaten In Florida Because Of The Color Of Her Skin! (Son Can't Take It No More, Has To Walk Away From Interview)
Daymn Shame: Florida Cop Does A Drive-by-Tasing, Then Runs Over The Little Boy In A Bike!

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

mmmkay. Drugs are a problem.
Its a well known problem that drugs characterize the life of many people in poverty.
But thats really not the issue. The issue is people are trying to get welfare to actually work.
When you give money to a family, who is concerned about drugs their priorities aren't where they should be.
Their priorities should be giving their child the best future possible. Welfare was suppose to help people realize that dream.
People somehow forget that these programs were not created to be a lifetime crutch. So, for the time being that someone is working their way up and has to receive government assistance....
The state is asking that you stay clean. That is all.

Now, with the other things, no one is going to be testing people at checkpoints. stop you're reaching.
like beyond the atmosphere reaching. There is no rationale to test people at checkpoints. nor is there one to test students that receive FAFSA.

Please tell me you don't believe the bull +*!* you just typed.

First of all, drugs don't "characterize the life of many people in poverty."  In making such a statement, you are reducing people's entire lives to the relationship that they may have to substances which is utterly ridiculous and dehumanizing.

You honestly think this is about people trying to "get welfare to actually work?"  Benefit levels are so low that they're not even enough to lift a family above the poverty line.  Also, you do realize that there's a five-year lifetime limit on cash benefits (TANF, what this law pertains to) right?  No one's using this +*!* as a "lifetime crutch" fam, you're talking out of your +*%.

You state that there is no "rationale" to test people for drugs who use public roads or those who receive FAFSA, both of which are paid for with tax dollars JUST LIKE TANF BENEFITS.  The point Rashi was making is that if you're not for drug testing everyone who receives government assistance, you have no basis for supporting drug testing for welfare recipients.  Your dismissal of the former proves his point of just how asinine this new law is and how essentially everyone backing it are picking and choosing whom it should apply to.

You made his point for him and didn't even realize it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

mmmkay. Drugs are a problem.
Its a well known problem that drugs characterize the life of many people in poverty.
But thats really not the issue. The issue is people are trying to get welfare to actually work.
When you give money to a family, who is concerned about drugs their priorities aren't where they should be.
Their priorities should be giving their child the best future possible. Welfare was suppose to help people realize that dream.
People somehow forget that these programs were not created to be a lifetime crutch. So, for the time being that someone is working their way up and has to receive government assistance....
The state is asking that you stay clean. That is all.

Now, with the other things, no one is going to be testing people at checkpoints. stop you're reaching.
like beyond the atmosphere reaching. There is no rationale to test people at checkpoints. nor is there one to test students that receive FAFSA.

Please tell me you don't believe the bull +*!* you just typed.

First of all, drugs don't "characterize the life of many people in poverty."  In making such a statement, you are reducing people's entire lives to the relationship that they may have to substances which is utterly ridiculous and dehumanizing.

You honestly think this is about people trying to "get welfare to actually work?"  Benefit levels are so low that they're not even enough to lift a family above the poverty line.  Also, you do realize that there's a five-year lifetime limit on cash benefits (TANF, what this law pertains to) right?  No one's using this +*!* as a "lifetime crutch" fam, you're talking out of your +*%.

You state that there is no "rationale" to test people for drugs who use public roads or those who receive FAFSA, both of which are paid for with tax dollars JUST LIKE TANF BENEFITS.  The point Rashi was making is that if you're not for drug testing everyone who receives government assistance, you have no basis for supporting drug testing for welfare recipients.  Your dismissal of the former proves his point of just how asinine this new law is and how essentially everyone backing it are picking and choosing whom it should apply to.

You made his point for him and didn't even realize it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by red mpls

Originally Posted by PoloLax

God forbid they wanna smoke a blunt every once in a while to forget that they're poor
ohwell.gif

Please, save the #%%@%*%% for someone else.

THIS.

People are really missing the forest for the trees.  This isn't about TANF or even Pell Grants.  Do y'all understand how much money every level of government "gives" to people for various purposes?  Or the amount of things "subsidized" by the government?  Why are we singling out and demonizing TANF recipients and ignoring the millions of other people who receive money from the government in one form or another?

Someone in favor of this law please address this.

I'm all for cutting a lot of $***. For example I know not ONE, not TWO, but damn near THREE people in my own neighborhood that claim disability. They can absolutely work, cause I've seen them move around just fine. Mentally, they seem all there.  Now, I have to wake up and bust my !!+, but they get a free pass just cause they cheated the system. Wasteful spending. And it's everywhere.

Need to be more oversight on who we actually give benefits too.

You are still focusing on oversight for the poorest and most marginalized people who receive government money, which is what this is all about.  As so many of the comments in this thread show, this is not about concern for these people or their children, it's about passing judgment on and punishing the poorest people in the country and holding them to a standard that no one would conceivably hold every single person (or corporation) who is given government money to.

Also, out of all of the money that the government doles out to people and corporations in this country for various purposes, do you know how miniscule the amounts spent on TANF and disability are?

Once again, can't see the forest for the trees.

See that's what you don't understand. If we give money to anyone, there better be a damn good reason why we are doing it and we should hold everyone to that standard. Do Wall Street CEO's who received bailout money pay six figure annual dues at country clubs and blow coke? Yup, they do. Do I think that's ok? Hell NO.  Those people are the scum of the earth and most of them wouldn't give me a dime if I lay dying in the street.

Is every person on Welfare bad No. But every person blowing coke on welfare is, just like not all CEOs are bad people, but the ones taking money to live lavishly and blow coke while while doing while there neighbors starve are.

This isn't about not giving poor people who need assistance the help they need. We have pumped money into poor communties for a long time. Some people who received public housing and welfare checks have ended up making success stories from themselves. Others were unable too even if they worked at it. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Give money to those who need it, but who also are willing do what it takes to better themselves. They might not reach the ultimate goal, but you'll never know if you don't try. If you are going to sit in line and beg for money cause you NEED it, but you are automatically going out to buy a dime bag or a 40oz instead of putting towards food for your kids mouths, then you shouldn't be getting a DIME. 

What doesn't NT get about that? Drug test the elderly too. Drug test CEOs of multinational corporations. Drug test politicians. Drug test municipal workers. Police Officers, Firefighters, EMS. Drug test them all. I don't give a +!%*.  You are taught from a young age not to do drugs. People choose to put a needle in their arm. If you can't afford essentials yet you can afford to get high. Work for it, cause I don't feel like providing for your next high, just like I don't feel like providing for a CEO's country club membership.

Originally Posted by red mpls

God forbid they wanna smoke a blunt every once in a while to forget that they're poor
ohwell.gif

Please, save the #%%@%*%% for someone else.

THIS.

People are really missing the forest for the trees.  This isn't about TANF or even Pell Grants.  Do y'all understand how much money every level of government "gives" to people for various purposes?  Or the amount of things "subsidized" by the government?  Why are we singling out and demonizing TANF recipients and ignoring the millions of other people who receive money from the government in one form or another?

Someone in favor of this law please address this.

I'm all for cutting a lot of $***. For example I know not ONE, not TWO, but damn near THREE people in my own neighborhood that claim disability. They can absolutely work, cause I've seen them move around just fine. Mentally, they seem all there.  Now, I have to wake up and bust my !!+, but they get a free pass just cause they cheated the system. Wasteful spending. And it's everywhere.

Need to be more oversight on who we actually give benefits too.

You are still focusing on oversight for the poorest and most marginalized people who receive government money, which is what this is all about.  As so many of the comments in this thread show, this is not about concern for these people or their children, it's about passing judgment on and punishing the poorest people in the country and holding them to a standard that no one would conceivably hold every single person (or corporation) who is given government money to.

Also, out of all of the money that the government doles out to people and corporations in this country for various purposes, do you know how miniscule the amounts spent on TANF and disability are?

Once again, can't see the forest for the trees.

See that's what you don't understand. If we give money to anyone, there better be a damn good reason why we are doing it and we should hold everyone to that standard. Do Wall Street CEO's who received bailout money pay six figure annual dues at country clubs and blow coke? Yup, they do. Do I think that's ok? Hell NO.  Those people are the scum of the earth and most of them wouldn't give me a dime if I lay dying in the street.

Is every person on Welfare bad No. But every person blowing coke on welfare is, just like not all CEOs are bad people, but the ones taking money to live lavishly and blow coke while while doing while there neighbors starve are.

This isn't about not giving poor people who need assistance the help they need. We have pumped money into poor communties for a long time. Some people who received public housing and welfare checks have ended up making success stories from themselves. Others were unable too even if they worked at it. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Give money to those who need it, but who also are willing do what it takes to better themselves. They might not reach the ultimate goal, but you'll never know if you don't try. If you are going to sit in line and beg for money cause you NEED it, but you are automatically going out to buy a dime bag or a 40oz instead of putting towards food for your kids mouths, then you shouldn't be getting a DIME. 

What doesn't NT get about that? Drug test the elderly too. Drug test CEOs of multinational corporations. Drug test politicians. Drug test municipal workers. Police Officers, Firefighters, EMS. Drug test them all. I don't give a +!%*.  You are taught from a young age not to do drugs. People choose to put a needle in their arm. If you can't afford essentials yet you can afford to get high. Work for it, cause I don't feel like providing for your next high, just like I don't feel like providing for a CEO's country club membership.

You can type all the paragraphs, and essays you want. The fact still remains; if you're not on drugs, this has no effect on you.

If you're on drugs, and you're receiving welfare, maybe you should stop. What's the argument here?

You can type all the paragraphs, and essays you want. The fact still remains; if you're not on drugs, this has no effect on you.

If you're on drugs, and you're receiving welfare, maybe you should stop. What's the argument here?

Do you understand how ludicrous that is and what an invasion to privacy that constitutes?  And how much taxpayer money it would cost to establish and maintain such a far-reaching system?  And what about alcohol or cocaine, substances that can leave your system in a matter of a day or two, if not hours?  Do we give people a test every day?  What about people who work for corporations that get government money - their salary is being paid for or at least subsidized by the government.  Do we test every worker in a company with 2,000 workers?

I'm just trying to get an understanding of how you envision such a system to work and what type of public benefit you think it will provide.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Try reading through and pondering some of the paragraphs and essays and maybe you'll come across some of the arguments.

Do you understand how ludicrous that is and what an invasion to privacy that constitutes?  And how much taxpayer money it would cost to establish and maintain such a far-reaching system?  And what about alcohol or cocaine, substances that can leave your system in a matter of a day or two, if not hours?  Do we give people a test every day?  What about people who work for corporations that get government money - their salary is being paid for or at least subsidized by the government.  Do we test every worker in a company with 2,000 workers?

I'm just trying to get an understanding of how you envision such a system to work and what type of public benefit you think it will provide.

Try reading through and pondering some of the paragraphs and essays and maybe you'll come across some of the arguments.

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

MAN!

I;m so glad there doing this..

What they need to do is this to weed out the career welfare recipient:

Any girl that's has a baby while eon welfare needs to get cut off point blank. There should be no reason when you cant take care of your self to go have more babies.

my sister friend sits on her rear end and had 6 kids all while on welfare just to get more welfare money and foodstamps so she dont have to work anymore. Also she gets section 8 now so her rent is like $100 for a nice size house.  This is what some girls do a daily basis.

They need to cut women who get pregnant off welfare or make them have a abortion.
Theres no reason for a female to get preg up while shes on welfare

MAN!

Any girl that's has a baby while eon welfare needs to get cut off point blank. There should be no reason when you cant take care of your self to go have more babies.

my sister friend sits on her rear end and had 6 kids all while on welfare just to get more welfare money and foodstamps so she dont have to work anymore. Also she gets section 8 now so her rent is like $100 for a nice size house.  This is what some girls do a daily basis.

They need to cut women who get pregnant off welfare or make them have a abortion.

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

MAN!

You do realize that there's a FIVE-YEAR LIFETIME LIMIT on "welfare" right?  There is no such thing as a "career welfare recipient" you clown.

Y'all are talking straight out your @$! holes

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

MAN!

You do realize that there's a FIVE-YEAR LIFETIME LIMIT on "welfare" right?  There is no such thing as a "career welfare recipient" you clown.

Y'all are talking straight out your @$! holes

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

laugh.gif
everyone supporting this law is a clown or sheep

do you fools realize cigarettes, alcohol and coffee are all legal? should you be allowed to consume these drugs and receive welfare? of course not, if youre on welfare you should get off your evil drugs that do you no good

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

laugh.gif
everyone supporting this law is a clown or sheep

do you fools realize cigarettes, alcohol and coffee are all legal? should you be allowed to consume these drugs and receive welfare? of course not, if youre on welfare you should get off your evil drugs that do you no good

Back
Top Bottom