Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Just sad.

Unless gun control gets stricter, sadly I can’t expect much change and I myself am a gun owner. Don’t think most people realize how easy it is to buy a gun especially in Florida.

Think it was reported he was 19 so legally he was allowed to buy an AR from my understanding.

its east to buy a gun in texas, the most popular sports store sells it here in front of there flyers. 2 for 1 sales too.

NEWS IN BRIEF
‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
37 minutes ago
SEE MORE: NEWS
ij7fmqgjtrcxjavjzliz.jpg

PARKLAND, FL—In the hours following a violent rampage in Florida in which a lone attacker killed 17 individuals and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Indiana resident Harold Turner, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

It’s weird to see his social media page and computer searches and how none of that was alarming because truth be told they know what we’re looking up online

I was searching for a house
And now my IG feed is filled with ads about the subject

But how you shoot up a whole school and still able to get finger printed

RIP, **** is so sad, couldn't imagine being a parent with something like these

Not advocating against gun control, as it makes sense to me, but even then, bad/sick people are going to do these types of things regardless imo. Where are his parents? There is a root cause to this deeper than just having access to guns. Mental health is definitely a big one. Parenting and lack thereof is probably another, social media, etc

Let's see how many govt folk actually do something with the stroke of a pen instead of sending worthless thoughts and prayers

ALSO the thing I never understand, is people saying teachers, students should be able to carry so they can shoot back, etc. I never understood this argument, when the cops show up how do they know you're not the shooter? After seeing unarmed minorities get killed over traffic stops, how the **** would holding a gun in an active shooting situation not severely increase your chances of getting killed by police?

i don’t wanna turn this thread into a debate with gun laws and such. but i’m all for stricter gun laws and even an outright ban even though i’ve seen cases where armed homeowners have saved their families lives because they were carrying. 9-11 response time isn’t fast enough for situations like that.

but in cases like school shootings man i don’t know how much it would help. i’m sure it would, but at the same time if you’ve got someone crazy enough to kill their classmates on valentine’s day i’d be remiss to think their sick twisted minds wouldn’t find some kind of an alternative.

And just yesterday I was wondering when a tragic event would take place again for this place. The peace and quiet was too long a stretch.

I have no opposition to stricter gun laws, thorough background checks and all of the above but I think a lot of the issues in this country are more culture based than gun based.

American culture as a whole is inherently violent and that’s something that needs to be addressed. It’s other developed countries with higher gun usage who have access to the same violent movies, tv shows, music, and video games yet are much better than this country is at separating life from art.

if burgers were linked to this many mass casualties, they would be banned tomorrow...sadly this is what lobbying does, the government doesn’t make the calls, Money does and the NRA OWNS our government and no matter how many innocent people die because of LEGALLY acquired ASSAULT RIFLES, gun laws won’t change...the NRA and the current administration is nothing but evil, corrupted white men....hope there is nice warm corner in hell for each one of them.

growing up in the 90s i remember seeing that song by pearl jam on mtv “jeremy”

damn it’s accurate

It baffles me why assault rifles are legal. What’s the point??? Why do we need them in regular homes?

This is my stance as well. I'm all for gun ownership - but up to a point. There is no good reason anyone can give me that a civilian needs anything more than a handgun or shotgun in their house.

RIP to those who lost their lives.

It's sad, but if you're against what happened today, just cut/paste your response in a word doc and just save it for the next tragedy. Rinse/repeat. Something needs to be done, but it won't happen. As folks said before, if nothing changed since Sandy Hook, then nothing ever will.

It baffles me why assault rifles are legal. What’s the point??? Why do we need them in regular homes?
I'll bite.

Are ppl aware that most guns on the market are semi auto? What would banning one out of many semi auto guns do?

I'm not saying don't but I just hope ppl understand that banning so called "assault rifles" isn't going to make stuff like this not happen. We need multiple solutions.

the saddest part about all this is that all will come out of it will be gun and mental illness debates on the news and everywhere instead of sympathy for the families that lost their children today.

like the media will just use today to make a point out of whatever bull**** politcal side their on.

i think the change needs to start with that. too much divide and everyone’s just gonna use the death of kids to prove some point.

I'll bite.

Are ppl aware that most guns on the market are semi auto? What would banning one out of many semi auto guns do?

I'm not saying don't but I just hope ppl understand that banning so called "assault rifles" isn't going to make stuff like this not happen. We need multiple solutions.

Everything semi-automatic and above should be banned for regular civilians. There's one solution.

But it won't happen. Because NRA.

**** crazy. Rest In Peace to those murdered.

Read that he wasn’t a student and was banned from coming on campus with a book bag when he was attending the school. If his threats were serious enough to ban a student from carrying a book bag, he should have already been reported to police and completely banned from campus.

When can we expect the ban on right wing white men? I dont feel safe. Trump said he was gonna protect 'Merica
Deadass if it were black ppl doing the mass shooting something would be done.

Nobody wants to talk about how this is a violent nation founded by violent ppl by commuting acts of violence by committing genocide and enslaving millions of people and breaking said ppl by using violence, among other tactics that still go on today.

Nothing we can do.

The guns are out there. Ban them if you want. They will still be out there.

If a fool wants to bust off, he will.

No answers.

We can make it harder for folks to legally get certain firearms though

Everything semi-automatic and above should be banned for regular civilians. There's one solution.

But it won't happen. Because NRA.
I don't feel comfortable with cops being able to have them when they kill ppl that look like me and don't even get indicted. And we don't even provoke them.

When they take "I feared for my life" off of the table then we can talk about possibly banning all semi auto guns.

Even then, criminals aren't going to comply. ****** can't even be bothered to use a turn signal or stop at red lights or stop signs.

Is it true that he posted on his Instagram that he was in a car accident? Then some people from his school said he should've died on his Instagram page. These young cats 30 and below are sensitive as i dont know what. There defenately not built mentally like a kid/teen from the 80,s/90,s. I've seen some of these youngsters want to kill someone just from getting roasted but lost the battle of words.

It was nothing serious,just verbal alterations. When i was younger i seen cats get jumped by 3 to 5 dudes. Put in the hospital,then came back to school like it was nothing. Didn't talk or snitch or nothing. Since he held his own,they stopped pressing him. That's just 1 incident im talking about. There where way more situations like that happened.

But nobody came back to school shooting it up,even though they could have. I dont know if its the phones or just this current generation. But technology has defenately changed the landscape of how where living today. Younger people have thin skin and cant take any type of adversity.Most people including myself have become antisocial in public to a certain extent,because everybody's has a phone raised up filming everything.

So theres no privacy whats so ever outside/in public. It's good from a business/hustling aspect. But from a social aspect,it has somewhat destroyed it in a sense.

Back
Top Bottom