For the younger members...

Originally Posted by nastnatikid23

Originally Posted by indohan

Read it or not, is your business. The guy is just providing you some great, free, interesting information to most of us.
Take it or leave it. Don't be cocky and talk like you don't need nothing.

Of course you know everything about Mike, even if his blood type, or maybe even his brief size.
But they guy is just being nice, sharing a link that might be useful to us.

He used "for the younger member" because a lot of younger members do not know a lot of facts about the man.
If you're offended, read the "I'm probably the worst on this board about casting judgement toward the younger members about not knowing enough about Air Jordans and Michael's legacy...".
Chill. You're young anyway.

the "you're young anyway" that had nothing to do with it
and i don't need anything

"You're young anyway" is referring to you and your age group; so it's all about you and your age group.
You said you don't need anything, is because you're young.
Everyone here knows that you still need your parents to help you "GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL" crap.
You're not even legal to drink at your own bachelor party.

Wait, you're not even qualified to be a minor driver.
smh.gif

im 19 years old a grew up in chicago watching mj, i know every thing theres is to know bout this guy

I've been reading thorugh this thread and quite frankly, this is downright hilarious! My take is this.......to the young'uns, if you know you'restuff and are truly an MJ fan then why get offended? It's obvious he's not speaking to you. If you just like the shoes, then say you just like theshoes but don't try to pass yourself off as someone who knows this game when you're just in it for the looks. DO YOU. Whatever it is you're in theshoe game for then do that, nothing else. And please stop with the " I don't need any help" thing......we all need help in this world. Youyoung'uns would really be well served to talk to some of the old heads round the way instead of veiwin em as your enemy or somebody who washed up orsomething....could very well be holding the key to something you've been needing to know or might give you some game to keep your @*% from getting lockedup, stuck up or KTFO!! If you wanna know something, ASK....it ain't like it's a damn line in the sand and the old heads is over here and young'unsis over there and neither one can cross, hell, man us heads that's done been in the game for awhile done seen everything you're about to see and moreand could probably save you alot of stress, but I understand, you gotta learn it on your own....trust me, us old heads were just like you when we werey'all age.

and for anybody that wants to know....I've been doing this since '85 when the GS sizes were called SKY JORDAN. My first pair were the white/metallicblues and I got em from Woolworth's.....how many old heads remember when Woolworth's carried Jordans???

Who cares about all this stuff? Thats what will turn young kids off of Jordans. Its not a history. I mean I like Chucks and Air force ones but I dont need ahistory lesson about it....SMH

i jus wanna throw somein in considering evry1 and there brother posted on this thread. Im young, my father and grandfather are bulls fans MJ, Pippen, rodmanthe whole crew. Granted them being Chicago fans they didnt know or didnt wanna know wat MJ wore under his shorts or wat his phobia was. They liked the MJ causehe was a great player. Granted my pops got a couple of 1's, 3's,and 5's layin around somewhere. I dont where jordans cause they the coolest thingaround but because its lik sittin in my dads camaro, it jus makes you feel good to knw that there on ur feet. Im not sayin that the infos useless its great iappreciate the info actually. Enough bout me im gunna get to the point now i luv Js, the info is great, jus read it reading is good for u lol. Thanx 3thaman

Have all my post from May suddenly popped up? What the hell is going on on this board.

I dig what he's tryna do. Half the replies in here are mad narrow-minded. 85% of the consumers now a days wear Jordans because they are what's popularand have always been popular. They could care less what number they are, color, etc, as long as they have a pair. The lack of knowledge of what you arepurchasing makes u ignorant. Need I remind u that the general definition of ignorant means to lack knowledge. This is the reason so many young Jordan consumersget beat on ebay and come in here complainin and wasting bandwidth. Granted a good majority of the younger generation knows important information about Jordansand MJ, the man, the myth, the legend. But those that take offense are clearly the ignorant and feel offended. I'm pretty sure when the next generationcomes along and wants to wear Lebrons b/c they are what's cool u'll feel the same way.

Originally Posted by RIPCITY32

i 'preciate you tryna spread some knowledge but dude you goin the wrooooong way about it.
great info OP...Ill be the first to sayyou came through on this one
wink.gif

but yeah people on NT are always gone have something to complain and cry about
eyes.gif

so my only suggestion to you is that I would say that you could of prevented this by just leaving out the younger members title and maybe just putting itsimple like maybe...Jordan History...none the less great thread we need more like these
pimp.gif

Stay up!!!
smokin.gif

good info, i appreciate you tryin to look out for the young guys like myself...
but i pretty much knew all that stuff anyway

Age ain't nothing but a number, (like Aaliyah said).
tongue.gif
Ibelieve it's the knowledge, and the environment/years spent around the brand. I'm only 19, and I've been wearing Jordans since I was born,IV's. Plus, my knowledge of him and the shoes are sharp too. My family was luckily enough to be into the brand which I naturally grew into... So, yeah. Ithas been a part of my life since I could remember. I never caught on, or followed the trend. Thanks for the info though.

OP, thanks for the link, brought back memories of my childhood.

Nice to see that the "youngbucks" that DO know about MJ. People gotta know that this was our only medium at the time, NO internet, no GOOGLE. OurGOOGLE was the dewey decimal system, microfilm. Not saying I am THAT old, 32, but this is how we came to appreciate MJ. His game evolved, as well as his kicks.

I remember how All Star Weekend was 3 hrs long, no firework entrances, LEGIT 3 pt shooters, dunkers who wanted to showcase their DUNKS, and the old timersgame, though, that I could do without but you learned your history there. But the BEST part was the next day, seeing not what the players were wearing, justseeing J's in black cuz then you knew that you were gonna see him rockin those in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom