FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW - JESUS WAS NOT BORN ON CHRISTMAS

yea, i would imagine most people know that, or maybe i just give alot of people the benefit of the doubt, but i dont really care, its a celebration and i enjoy it so yea. . . . .

People who troll on God =
mad.gif

People who troll on God on the NT/Internet=
tired.gif

People who troll on God on the NT/Internet on a weekly basis =
roll.gif

Merry Christmas Atheist Lames............

Originally Posted by gambit215

mad.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif

James 4:11-12
"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

Lies my mom told me Jesus was born on christmas and so did the priests in my church. You are spreading the word of satan!

For those of you that don't know - Jesus might not have even really existed.

fact: all christian holidays are based on pagan/agricultural days

why reinvent the wheel? take over and spread was the main goal.

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by gambit215

mad.gif

tired.gif

roll.gif

James 4:11-12
"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

To judge means to render a verdict, where was he judging?
 He simply said they make him mad, roll his eyes, laugh, and that they are lame.
I don't see condemnation in his post
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

For those of you that don't know - Jesus might not have even really existed.

Yeah...
roll.gif

Baby steps though...we don't want them to start acting like Neo when we pulled him out of the Matrix too soon. 

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

This is true. They say he was born sometime in July. The star that the 3 wisemen followed is only illuminated during that time. 
I am a Christian. I believe Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Christ a gift given to us by God. Hence the season of giving. While yes we should celebrate the birth but we should remember that it was a gift. We should in turn gift to our friends and family. 
Growing up my pastor had his kids come to the front of the church to pledge that they would not ask or expect anything for christmas. He then turned and asked the rest of the kids to follow suit. Since the pastors kids were the popular ones, majority of the other kids followed. Pastor turned around and said instead of buying gifts put more in the offering plate. SMH

No one knows the exact date of the birth so I will stick with the 25th of December. 

Remember,

Religion is all about faith and what you believe.

Dont take anybody else word for what the ___________(insert your religious text) says. All they are doing is giving you their interpretation. You should read it and gather your own. If you need help, thats where your place of worship comes in. Even there everything is subjective.  

This.

interesting post, but its too bad the writer sounded so unintelligent.

plus, he used vomitoriums in the wrong context...but i see what he/she is getting at

Originally Posted by DMoney82

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW- JESUS NEVER EXISTED !
there are references of Jesus of Nazareth by politicians, and historians, Thallus, Philopon, Tacitus and Flavius Josephus are just a couple historic figures who referenced Jesus which aid in proving Jesus' existence

Funny how we get caught up in the semantics of religion and religious holidays.

I'd rather celebrate on an idea or what an idea has evolved to than take it literal.

Spoiler [+]
as an agnostic/borderline atheist, I still go to Christmas mass and Easter with my parents. I can't stand it tho. The priests know the amount of people that only show up twice a year, yet they say the same old crap that isn't thought provoking at all. Give me something with more substance, then maybe I'll keep on going. No more of that rubbish Christian/Catholic jibberish. [/rant]

OP anyway to get the writer of that article's address? I want to put the author on my Christmas card mailing list.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by DMoney82

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DON'T KNOW- JESUS NEVER EXISTED !
there are references of Jesus of Nazareth by politicians, and historians, Thallus, Philopon, Tacitus and Flavius Josephus are just a couple historic figures who referenced Jesus which aid in proving Jesus' existence
The most famous man in the middle east doesn't even have a solid record of existence.
Flavius Josephus has been debunked as both inconclusive and incoherent. There is no record of anyone with any variation of his name ever existing. No one you're listing ever met Jesus nor lived in the same time period. 
Its not a real source. Its creation was sourced to hundreds of years after the supposed events occured.

The most staggering testimony that Jesus existed is linked to Paul...a guy who never met jesus but only wrote about him in third person AND based his entire testimony on hearsay from other people who supposedly saw it.

Its all a big rumor and there are NO facts.

Even biblical scholars can't source the earliest versions of the bible to any sooner than 70 years after the supposed events occurred...thats almost two generations back then. 

Not to mention Paul changed his name from Saul of Tsarus after it was known he was a con-man of the time. 

You all need a little more objectivity in your facts...

Jesus never existed...most of the New Testament is written as if Jesus is the equivalent of Socrates to what Plato was...essentially it exists only to make a point...its a character in a story. It explains why the jesus story basically steals from other messiahs of various religious histories.

Reconcile how Jesus was born

You would think they would even have this ironed out:

UQz85.png

Back
Top Bottom