Former Sneakerheads, What Were The Most Ridiculous Points Of Your Sneakerhead Days

My favorite air jordan is the aj V.
I was a sophmore in high school and I had saved up enough lunch money to buy some Fire Red Vs for $200 on eBay.
When I got the jays, I was also waiting on a AJV shirt that I was getting from eastbay to rock with my FRs.
The shirt looked like this.
Spoiler [+]
178980-648.gif
I still wear it.
laugh.gif

And I was rocking some LRGeans that day.
grin.gif

The day finally came where I was gonna un-DS my Fire Red 5s.
It's monday, and I had came to first period like 15 minutes late on purpose.
troll-face-meme.png

The reason why was because my seat was pretty far from the door.
I did that so everyone could see what Js I was rocking.
Picture description:
Spoiler [+]
RS0TF.png

A bunch of people were asking me where I got my kicks from and I was like you've never heard of ebay?
grin.gif

Story takes a turn for the worst:
After third period I'm walking to the student store to buy some chips and this dude comes out of nowhere and steps on my DS FRVs. I was heated.
mad.gif

I look down and there's a bit of dirt on my right J.
I was ready to fight.
I looked up and say that a half blind dude from my class was the one that stepped on my Js.
I felt bad that I even wanted to fight him.
I took the L and washed the crap outta them when I got home.

Sneakerhead days.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
919r4.png

My favorite air jordan is the aj V.
I was a sophmore in high school and I had saved up enough lunch money to buy some Fire Red Vs for $200 on eBay.
When I got the jays, I was also waiting on a AJV shirt that I was getting from eastbay to rock with my FRs.
The shirt looked like this.
Spoiler [+]
178980-648.gif
I still wear it.
laugh.gif

And I was rocking some LRGeans that day.
grin.gif

The day finally came where I was gonna un-DS my Fire Red 5s.
It's monday, and I had came to first period like 15 minutes late on purpose.
troll-face-meme.png

The reason why was because my seat was pretty far from the door.
I did that so everyone could see what Js I was rocking.
Picture description:
Spoiler [+]
RS0TF.png

A bunch of people were asking me where I got my kicks from and I was like you've never heard of ebay?
grin.gif

Story takes a turn for the worst:
After third period I'm walking to the student store to buy some chips and this dude comes out of nowhere and steps on my DS FRVs. I was heated.
mad.gif

I look down and there's a bit of dirt on my right J.
I was ready to fight.
I looked up and say that a half blind dude from my class was the one that stepped on my Js.
I felt bad that I even wanted to fight him.
I took the L and washed the crap outta them when I got home.

Sneakerhead days.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]
919r4.png

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

They stopped being DS soon as you walked outside your crib....

DS is used tooo loosely nowadays and VNDS for resellers usually means it looks very near brand new in pics...going from past experiences. most ridiculous points of my sneakerhead days? making it a priority when it should just stay a hobby.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

They stopped being DS soon as you walked outside your crib....

DS is used tooo loosely nowadays and VNDS for resellers usually means it looks very near brand new in pics...going from past experiences. most ridiculous points of my sneakerhead days? making it a priority when it should just stay a hobby.

buying jays because people expected me to have them or to compete with others................young and dumb smh

buying jays because people expected me to have them or to compete with others................young and dumb smh

Originally Posted by Kramer

They stopped being DS soon as you walked outside your crib....   slid your feet in them
Nah, just think about buying kicks from footlocker. They allow you to try to kicks on before you.... so let's say you try on some kicks... take a few steps, then decide it doesn't fit good and get a size larger. 
Those kicks you tried on get put back in the box sent to the back. The next guy who wants to buy them in your size is gonna get that pair to try on. It's likely he won't be able to see any signs of it being worn besides the shoestrings being laced (if the workers were lazy)
I've sold kicks I've tried on many times as.(flightclubLA)

Soon as you walk on cement however, the sole get slight wear from abrasion and loses it's DS status.

You could possible crease the shoe while trying it on....but any sneakerhead knows how to do the duck walk in order to keep the foot flat and not bend the shoe.

In response to the question:

I always brought an extra suitcase just for kicks when I had to travel. Not just the shoes either, I had em in the boxes too.

Originally Posted by Kramer

They stopped being DS soon as you walked outside your crib....   slid your feet in them
Nah, just think about buying kicks from footlocker. They allow you to try to kicks on before you.... so let's say you try on some kicks... take a few steps, then decide it doesn't fit good and get a size larger. 
Those kicks you tried on get put back in the box sent to the back. The next guy who wants to buy them in your size is gonna get that pair to try on. It's likely he won't be able to see any signs of it being worn besides the shoestrings being laced (if the workers were lazy)
I've sold kicks I've tried on many times as.(flightclubLA)

Soon as you walk on cement however, the sole get slight wear from abrasion and loses it's DS status.

You could possible crease the shoe while trying it on....but any sneakerhead knows how to do the duck walk in order to keep the foot flat and not bend the shoe.

In response to the question:

I always brought an extra suitcase just for kicks when I had to travel. Not just the shoes either, I had em in the boxes too.

never did anything too wild, except wore my jays with the matching jordan shirts the hood sneaker spots made you buy.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

never did anything too wild, except wore my jays with the matching jordan shirts the hood sneaker spots made you buy.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I used to CLEAN each pair after a wear.

I went to the Philippines for Vacation..
Brought 5 Pairs of shoes w/ boxes..
Came home with 8 Pairs of shoes w/ boxes..
To add on top of that, Security at the airport had to check the rest of my luggage thinking that I had Fake Merchandise & Tried to smuggle it to the US..
eyes.gif

Skipped Class to Camp / Line Up for sneakers.

+ a lot more..

I'll post more later..

laugh.gif

Good Idea for a thread. 

I used to CLEAN each pair after a wear.

I went to the Philippines for Vacation..
Brought 5 Pairs of shoes w/ boxes..
Came home with 8 Pairs of shoes w/ boxes..
To add on top of that, Security at the airport had to check the rest of my luggage thinking that I had Fake Merchandise & Tried to smuggle it to the US..
eyes.gif

Skipped Class to Camp / Line Up for sneakers.

+ a lot more..

I'll post more later..

laugh.gif

Good Idea for a thread. 

Back
Top Bottom