Francis Magalona succumbs to cancer

Francis Magalona succumbs to cancer, he was 44

MANILA, Philippines - Master rapper Francis Magalona, 44, passed away Friday.

Vic Sotto confirmed the news over GMA's noontime show Eat Bulaga and asked for a minute of prayer for the eternal repose of the singer-composer's soul.

Magalona's battle with leukemia was made public last year. In a public statement last April 14, he admitted he was battling with the malady.

A blood drive was subsequently announced for the singer.

The 44-year-old singer-composer told the Philippine Entertainment Portal last December 2008 that he survived a delicate medical condition days before he wasdispatched from a hospital.

"Akala ko kasi magki-Christmas ako sa ospital, e, [I thought I would spend Christmas in the hospital] because I had a very, very, very close brush withdeath last December 4. I went into septic shock and it was a very scary moment," he said in an earlier interview.

It was announced last year that Magalona was scheduled for a bone marrow transplant.

"My doctor said I'm in remission right now after my third chemo cycle. So, my next move would be to do the bone marrow transplant and I'm veryhappy to announce that I was able to find a match. One of my sisters from the States we have the same tissue typing so she would be my donor," he added. -Amita O. Legaspi and Mark Joseph Ubalde, GMANews.TV

This is saddening to hear. May he rest in peace.
smile.gif

not farewell but so long idol.... legacy and advocacy will be in our hearts forever..FRANCIS M. STILL #1

We pray for your soul the one and only master rapper , founder of 3stars in a sun, likha ng makata, pride of pinoy rapper "Francis we missed you"

R.I.P. Kiko.....we know that you are now in the loving arms of God, where there is no more pain and suffering.....thank you for all thememories. God Bless you and your family.
frown.gif

"Every color,every hue
Is represented by me and you
take a slide in the slope, take a look at the kaleidoscope,
turn it around, make it twirl....
In this kaleidoscope World"

***the song that would always remind me about this great guy.So long Idol...
frown.gif
frown.gif

Thanks RED

RIP Francis M

remember meeting up with him a few times wayy back during the Jealousy days..

Back
Top Bottom