Frlend of the people thread... wlll lt be Good?

This mixtape was straight dope. The lyrics were there. 
pimp.gif

Personal faves were:

Double Burger W/ Cheese 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
 (How could anyone not like this song?)

The End Of The World  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Life, Death, And Love From SF 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Joaquin Phoenix 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

WWJD  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 (REALNESS 
smokin.gif
)

And of course SLR will always be crack.

-Drew

Overall I ain't really like this project. Just my opinion, but it sounds kinda forced by Lupe.

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Delusional.
I don't even bother. I just assume ppl don't listen to other rappers or they're automatically thinking about soulja boy.

laugh.gif
We don't always agree on *%+# on this board but I'm glad you saw right through that post. One of the greatest pieces of hip-hop material ever made? Huh? So did Lupe waste this "historic" material on a mixtape instead of putting it on Lasers?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still want someone to explain to me what Lupe does that other rappers only dream about, including rappers like Jay, Nas, Pac, etc. who've penned acclaimed material that reach a global audience...
Between, you, me, and the rest of the board....I don't give 2 +#*++ what YOU or anyone else thinks about hip hop, really. To ME dude is technically one the best to ever touch a mic. Did Lasers sucked? Yep. But so did Blueprint 3, Untitled, and Pac's life.

Whether you view Enemy of the State as a classic or not, is completely irrelevant to me as your musical opinion holds no weight to me in reality.

-The Juice

Chillllllll. Blueprint 3 was weaker than the other two, but I wouldn't say it sucked.

LUKEwarm Skywalker wrote:
Don't know if this particular point/opinion has been broached yet, but anyone feel like this album is in a small way evidence of the impact WTT could potentially have, or is already having, on Hip Hop? 
I mean, the track "Lupe Back"...is so reminiscent of WTTs "Who gon stop me" + "watch the throne is a dance in a chair..."; coincidence?

I definitely feel you on this. Soon as WTT dropped I already knew that there would be many tracks with a similar sound to it following from others. I feel like that's gonna be the sound that the majority is gonna try to make for their projects.

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:

You guys don't know what dubstep is. You think every electronic music is dubstep
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I mess wit it. The beats were iffy at first, but after a few spins it more than a lyrical BEP mix tape.

Besides the first too songs Lupe went Crazy on this mixtape. And this is coming from someone who isnt that huge of a supporter. Also anybody who disliked WTT is going to hate this because its a similar sound (not as polished, production wise)

Originally Posted by scshift

About to check this out right now.

Am I the only one who likes both Lasers and pre-Lasers Lupe?

Say Something and Angels from Enemy of the State were
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but Shining Down and Beautiful Lasers are also 2 of my favorite songs.

I like both as well... They're just different styles of Lupe. Pre Lasers was just straight hip hop, which is cool. Lasers on up until now has been mixed with rock, mainstream, & FOTP type beats... Its different, but still good imo. His lyrics are still there & that's what I check for the most with him. He experiments over different beats to bring something new to his catalog, but as long as the lyricism is on point, then I can't complain. Even with Lasers... His lyrics were still there (Even though he was held back from Atlantic). funny how i'm only sick, if you never catch a thing
nerd.gif
Different style of lyrics, but he still brought it. Im just a fan of both for different reasons.

Shining Down is probably my 2nd favorite Lupe track ever too
pimp.gif

This is VERY different from lasers.

Lasers was commercial, dumbed-down, pop garbage while this is lupes desired lyrical style over electronic beats. He is saying what he wants to say, which I love . Few more listens and I think I will really like this tape.

do yourself a huge favor and
pimp.gif
before you play this tape.. that second verse and beat switch on Lupe back will have you in a zone

Been listening to it again. Not as bad as I initially thought.
SLR is easily my favorite track on this
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the tape was okay i dont know if he will ever get back to how great i thought he was. he didnt do the super cold beat justice at all imo. it gilbere forte's song called veritas. just listen to it

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

This mixtape has almost all Euro beats which makes me think Lupe has definitely "crossed-over" or at least trying to.

Lyrically this tape is beyond disgusting. But this tape reminds me of lasers with these chicks on all the hooks.

That song "SLR" shoulda been saved for the next album though
eek.gif
+
30t6p3b.gif
+
sick.gif
+
glasses.gif
bro Euro music =/= dubstep.  crossover? have you listened to lasers? that was his Judas kiss to hip hop.  this seems more like the reincarnation of his creativity

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Don't know if this particular point/opinion has been broached yet, but anyone feel like this album is in a small way evidence of the impact WTT could potentially have, or is already having, on Hip Hop? 

I mean, the track "Lupe Back"...is so reminiscent of WTTs "Who gon stop me" + "watch the throne is a dance in a chair..."; coincidence?

I definitely feel you on this. Soon as WTT dropped I already knew that there would be many tracks with a similar sound to it following from others. I feel like that's gonna be the sound that the majority is gonna try to make for their projects.

Someone explain this to me because I dont see how WTT has any different kind of sound than any other hip hop music I've heard. And how is Lupe Back like Who Gon Stop Me? Im not following

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

roll.gif

Now I understand

Euro beats, dubstep doesn't matter what you call it its sounds awful lets just agree to that. And LOL @ Lupe complaining about how record labels prostitute artists when he LET HIMSELF get hoed out.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Someone explain this to me because I dont see how WTT has any different kind of sound than any other hip hop music I've heard. And how is Lupe Back like Who Gon Stop Me? Im not following

I'm talking bout them REAL epic sounding beats. It was there on MBDTF, but after WTT dropped dudes are really starting to try to go after that epic sounding beat with the 50 million changeups and all that.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

I'm talking bout them REAL epic sounding beats. It was there on MBDTF, but after WTT dropped dudes are really starting to try to go after that epic sounding beat with the 50 million changeups and all that.

Ahhh now I see what you mean. I thought you guys were going into something deeper that I wasnt up on
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

And yea I hope it becomes a trend. i love how "deep" the beats have been with Kanye lately
pimp.gif

Enemy of the state was much better in fact all his mixtapes are better then this tired of the bs hes putting out im not even gonna check for lupe anymore

Back
Top Bottom