Frlend of the people thread... wlll lt be Good?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

Enemy of the State? One the greatest pieces of hip-hop material ever dropped?

-The Juice
Delusional.

Like?
I don't even bother. I just assume ppl don't listen to other rappers or they're automatically thinking about soulja boy.

laugh.gif
We don't always agree on *%+# on this board but I'm glad you saw right through that post. One of the greatest pieces of hip-hop material ever made? Huh? So did Lupe waste this "historic" material on a mixtape instead of putting it on Lasers?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still want someone to explain to me what Lupe does that other rappers only dream about, including rappers like Jay, Nas, Pac, etc. who've penned acclaimed material that reach a global audience...
Between, you, me, and the rest of the board....I don't give 2 +#*++ what YOU or anyone else thinks about hip hop, really. To ME dude is technically one the best to ever touch a mic. Did Lasers sucked? Yep. But so did Blueprint 3, Untitled, and Pac's life.

Whether you view Enemy of the State as a classic or not, is completely irrelevant to me as your musical opinion holds no weight to me in reality.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Delusional.
I don't even bother. I just assume ppl don't listen to other rappers or they're automatically thinking about soulja boy.

laugh.gif
We don't always agree on *%+# on this board but I'm glad you saw right through that post. One of the greatest pieces of hip-hop material ever made? Huh? So did Lupe waste this "historic" material on a mixtape instead of putting it on Lasers?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still want someone to explain to me what Lupe does that other rappers only dream about, including rappers like Jay, Nas, Pac, etc. who've penned acclaimed material that reach a global audience...
Between, you, me, and the rest of the board....I don't give 2 +#*++ what YOU or anyone else thinks about hip hop, really. To ME dude is technically one the best to ever touch a mic. Did Lasers sucked? Yep. But so did Blueprint 3, Untitled, and Pac's life.

Whether you view Enemy of the State as a classic or not, is completely irrelevant to me as your musical opinion holds no weight to me in reality.

-The Juice

Except when you were talking about EOTM the first time you conveniently left that "opinion" part out of your post
laugh.gif

Glad you set the record straight for us though. Enjoy your opinion, and I'll enjoy mine.

Except when you were talking about EOTM the first time you conveniently left that "opinion" part out of your post
laugh.gif

I didn't know I was supposed to. If I make a bold statement, it's pretty obvious, I don't care what others think. Should I now preface every post?

-The Juice

Don't know if this particular point/opinion has been broached yet, but anyone feel like this album is in a small way evidence of the impact WTT could potentially have, or is already having, on Hip Hop? 
I mean, the track "Lupe Back"...is so reminiscent of WTTs "Who gon stop me" + "watch the throne is a dance in a chair..."; coincidence?

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Super Cold 
pimp.gif
sick.gif
That's my favorite new song on here. 
Honestly aside from Super Cold, Lightwork and SLR, I'm not super excited about anything else. Still evaluating but nothing jumped out and grabbed me. Lot of these songs just have too much going on. That's why I liked Super Cold so much, it's like he stripped everything away and his skills shone through. 

Lupe is still that dude and continues to deliver thought provoking quality lyrics. Very few do that at the level he's at. Mixtape of the year. Haven't stopped playing the album since Thursday.

I think I'm about done with Lupe....haven't been feeling anything since Enemy of the State

This mixtape has almost all Euro beats which makes me think Lupe has definitely "crossed-over" or at least trying to.

Lyrically this tape is beyond disgusting. But this tape reminds me of lasers with these chicks on all the hooks.

That song "SLR" shoulda been saved for the next album though
eek.gif
+
30t6p3b.gif
+
sick.gif
+
glasses.gif

About to check this out right now.

Am I the only one who likes both Lasers and pre-Lasers Lupe?

Say Something and Angels from Enemy of the State were
sick.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but Shining Down and Beautiful Lasers are also 2 of my favorite songs.

Back
Top Bottom