Frustrated Recent College Grads - CHECK IN

Originally Posted by Hazat50

Originally Posted by jrp44

I graduated in December 2009 with a B.S. in Accounting.....still can't get a job in my field 
tired.gif
Did you take the CPA?
I was going to ask this when I saw this post last night because in terms of business related majors, accounting is noted to be the security blanket in terms of finding employment.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Money87 wrote:
i have been waiting for this thread... I graduated in May and CANNOT find a job. I applied to sooo many places and cant find anything. I had a job as a financial services rep (sales) but quit now i cant fnd nethin. I have No money no job no girl my life sucks. I cant take getting turnd down by one more job

That's your problem. You're waiting on negative things in your life, and that's what comes to you. Congrats. You get what you have indirectly been asking for.
+%$% you

Money87 wrote:
i have been waiting for this thread... I graduated in May and CANNOT find a job. I applied to sooo many places and cant find anything. I had a job as a financial services rep (sales) but quit now i cant fnd nethin. I have No money no job no girl my life sucks. I cant take getting turnd down by one more job

That's your problem. You're waiting on negative things in your life, and that's what comes to you. Congrats. You get what you have indirectly been asking for.
+%$% you

Money87 wrote:

Money87 wrote:

+%$% you

laugh.gif

Took me like 4 months to find a job after graduation. Just stick with it.

Money87 wrote:

Money87 wrote:

+%$% you

laugh.gif

Took me like 4 months to find a job after graduation. Just stick with it.

My advice to you all is to just keep on going and never give up the job search. I graduated in May 09 with a BA in Sociology and Minor Business Management. I did all the things I was supposed to do while in college (internship at a career field that i wanted to get into, joining clubs and organizations, maintaining a good GPA, etc.), but once graduation came and gone, I was still at home looking everywhere and applying to a lot of places where I felt I would be a good fit.

After many interviews and final interviews, I never was able to secure a position due to lack of experience (even though I had almost 1 year relevant internship experience). So, around October 2009 was when I got desperate so I had bit the bullet and took up a part time retail job due to a friend hook up (as sad as it sounds, probably wouldn't have even got the retail job if it weren't for my friend) and also obtained another relevant un paid internship. But I continued to be positive and gave 100% to the internship and retail job. It wasn't until Feb of 2010 where I finally secured a position and I was very thrilled. I've been here almost 8 months and I love it.

So my advice is that no matter what, never give up and always find ways to better yourself and your resume. Never stay stagnant.

My advice to you all is to just keep on going and never give up the job search. I graduated in May 09 with a BA in Sociology and Minor Business Management. I did all the things I was supposed to do while in college (internship at a career field that i wanted to get into, joining clubs and organizations, maintaining a good GPA, etc.), but once graduation came and gone, I was still at home looking everywhere and applying to a lot of places where I felt I would be a good fit.

After many interviews and final interviews, I never was able to secure a position due to lack of experience (even though I had almost 1 year relevant internship experience). So, around October 2009 was when I got desperate so I had bit the bullet and took up a part time retail job due to a friend hook up (as sad as it sounds, probably wouldn't have even got the retail job if it weren't for my friend) and also obtained another relevant un paid internship. But I continued to be positive and gave 100% to the internship and retail job. It wasn't until Feb of 2010 where I finally secured a position and I was very thrilled. I've been here almost 8 months and I love it.

So my advice is that no matter what, never give up and always find ways to better yourself and your resume. Never stay stagnant.

A degree is a good thing to have, but in this economy it's not enough. You need to know how to DO something...

A degree is a good thing to have, but in this economy it's not enough. You need to know how to DO something...

Originally Posted by Numberr97

You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling,
You pick up those books your going to read
And not remember and you roll man.
You get that a sociate degree, okay,
Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters
Then you get your master's masters,
Then you get your doctron,
You go man, then when everybody says quit
You show them those degree man, when
Everybody says hey, your not working,
Your not making in money,
You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,
Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,
But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,
And these guys are out here making
Money all these ways, and i'm spended mine to be smart.
You know why?
Because when i die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees

laugh.gif

I'm studying for my GRE now and off to grad school i go

Originally Posted by Numberr97

You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling,
You pick up those books your going to read
And not remember and you roll man.
You get that a sociate degree, okay,
Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters
Then you get your master's masters,
Then you get your doctron,
You go man, then when everybody says quit
You show them those degree man, when
Everybody says hey, your not working,
Your not making in money,
You say look at my degrees and you look at my life,
Yeah i'm 52, so what, hate all you want,
But i'm smart, i'm so smart, and i'm in school,
And these guys are out here making
Money all these ways, and i'm spended mine to be smart.
You know why?
Because when i die, buddy, you know
What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees

laugh.gif

I'm studying for my GRE now and off to grad school i go

I feel you pain man. I too graduated this May and finding a full-time position in advertising is tough. All I can find where internships and freelancing, so I did the best I could and took an internship.

I wish it were a full-time position, but I've got to make it what it's worth and hold down this internship position until I find a better one.

I feel you pain man. I too graduated this May and finding a full-time position in advertising is tough. All I can find where internships and freelancing, so I did the best I could and took an internship.

I wish it were a full-time position, but I've got to make it what it's worth and hold down this internship position until I find a better one.

Originally Posted by d 2 the lo

Fellow Terp here, took me a year to find a job...check your inbox
I am a Terp grad as well (Spring '09), had a summer internship but I'm jobless now.

Originally Posted by d 2 the lo

Fellow Terp here, took me a year to find a job...check your inbox
I am a Terp grad as well (Spring '09), had a summer internship but I'm jobless now.

I'm also a recent econ grad (financial econ, May) and in the DMV as well, it's rough out here looking for work, really sucks... what type of entry level positions did/are you econ majors applying for?

I'm also a recent econ grad (financial econ, May) and in the DMV as well, it's rough out here looking for work, really sucks... what type of entry level positions did/are you econ majors applying for?

ay bro i went to CP as well
i did econ then i switched it up to accounting

you should go to the career center see if they have something. also usajobs.gov

its also a lot of job fairs that are comming up!

or try craigslist.com

ay bro i went to CP as well
i did econ then i switched it up to accounting

you should go to the career center see if they have something. also usajobs.gov

its also a lot of job fairs that are comming up!

or try craigslist.com

Checkin' in. Graduated from Florida State in May 2010. Graduated with a degree in Finance. It's tough out here. I've been searching for about a month & a half but nothing yet. Any Finance majors in the same boat?

Checkin' in. Graduated from Florida State in May 2010. Graduated with a degree in Finance. It's tough out here. I've been searching for about a month & a half but nothing yet. Any Finance majors in the same boat?

Graduated this past semester from UF with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Went to HK for a few weeks and just got on the job hunting grind last week. It's just banging your head against a wall until something gives.

When I get back to the city I'm applying crazy to different jobs since I'm graduating this fall. Would like to have some type of job offer lined up for January.

Back
Top Bottom