Furnishing your Apartment/Condo/Home

West Elm has some modern furniture and is on the lower end of the price spectrum. Target.com carries a lot of furniture designers, but not all of them aredecent priced. Otherwise, check out HomeGoods if you got one, it's umm... TjMaxxes home store. They have everything and it's discount/overstock prices

For contemporary, original art go to Ebay. You'll be surprised how many aspiring artists sell their work on Ebay for crackhead prices. I'm talkin52"x36" abstract oil paintings for $150 or less. You go to Painted With Oil or Deck The Walls and you looking at $600+ easy for comparable pieces.

Also like somebody said, buy prints off art.com and have them professionally framed and matted. The prints will be dirt cheap but the frames and matting willrun you a lil bit depending on size. Hobby Lobby and Michaels are priced well but their selection of frames ain't as good as a specialty frame shop.You'll save alot though and as long as you're not looking for an off the well type frame you'll still be happy with the selection and results.

Furniture...for the Euro-style contemporary look, Ikea is your best bet at decent prices. Macy's has some beautiful contemporary furniture but expect topay an arm and a leg. At the same time though furniture ain't really something you wanna go cheap on because you don't wanna be buying a new couchevery 2-3 years. I like Star Furniture but they may not have that where you live. Haverty's got some nice stuff too or try Bassett...you can design yourown stuff with them. All these places I mentioned are more for homeowners so since it's YOUR condo you'll be straight checking them out. I wouldn'tshop at these spots for an apartment though. Hope this helps homie.

- Preciate it.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

however, the poster is a painted reprint, so it does look like artwork.
do you buy it like that or you take a poster and have it done in a "painted reprint"?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Nawth21

West Elm has some modern furniture and is on the lower end of the price spectrum.

Lower end my #%$...

Check out prices from other modern furniture designers and you'll recant that statement.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

West Elm has some modern furniture and is on the lower end of the price spectrum.

Lower end my #%$...

Check out prices from other modern furniture designers and you'll recant that statement.

yep welcome to the adult world if you don't want to buy Ikea. Places round me have 10K couches and what not.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

The right wall color, fur rug, comfy couch, fire place. The LCD TV is for other dudes. Chicks don't care if you have a big screen. A big tub gets them every time. It doesn't even have to have jets.

Big TVS
pimp.gif
there's a reason our set up cost more than my engagement ring
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

an a nice entertainment system even if you dont watch tv def looks clean in any nice welcoming spot.

When I get my own spot, I want one of those beds that are really low, like they had their legs sawed off.
Anyone know what style of bed that is called?

baller23217 check out my dude Justin Bua:

http://www.justinbua.com/

Dude's contemporary/urban work is
eek.gif
. I have some of his pieces.

A couple for the lazy ones...

king_of_pop.jpg

the_block.jpg

rising.jpg

Those are just some of the posters he sells on the website.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Lower end my #%$...

indeed.-- check it...
Design Within Reach: The Best in Modern Design

their prices are insane..and it's supposedly "within reach"
sick.gif

Those flimsy #@% frames go from a minimum of $600 to $2,500.

Seeko could you point me in the right direction for some African art I want to do my living room with a theme or black music and art from Africa to the states.......something along those lines

peAce

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

When I get my own spot, I want one of those beds that are really low, like they had their legs sawed off.
Anyone know what style of bed that is called?
Malms are pretty low to the ground and are on the cheap
8744_1227135434.jpg

I hear you guys on the artwork. My walls are bland white, and will probably just decide to hang a family photo. I'm going to check art.com

Any disadvantages to these kinds of sofas?
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]Im used to old big leather sectionals, but I Like this style sofa. Anyone rocking w/ anything like this.

love those L-shaped sofas. i wouldn't go leather imo, i'm a bigger fan of other high-quality fabrics that aren't as difficult to maintain.

Mine is similar to that, but it's microfiber and has bigger pillows. I'm not a fan of couches with pillows, never found them to be comfortable. Allthis furniture here belongs to the apartment complex though.

I've never really been one to dress up the apartments I live in (no curtains, no area rugs, no art or posters, etc.) because it never really feels likehome.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

While we're on the topic, is there anywhere besides Ikea to get modern furniture at a decent price? I keep hearing Ikea's stuff isn't that comfortable, but I love the modern look?

There's always CB2

i'd hit up IKEA and just go through that store to get ideas of what you can get...you don't have to necessarily buy the stuff there, but they havepretty much anything you can think of in the model rooms and such.

and as far as the couch, looks pretty nice
pimp.gif

i'd also get fabric over leather...fabric just feels so much more comfortable...a big one that you can fall back in and relax
pimp.gif

get some pretty puffy pillows and you're good.

Make a list of what you want to have and order them from most important to least. That helped me a lot when I furnished my new place.

Also, if you're looking to be reasonable with your price range, overstock.com and Amazon simply cannot be beat. There's tons of other websites, youjust gotta get your Googling on.

Back
Top Bottom