G55 AMG wrapped in matte black....

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

One of the hardest whips on here, wish I could find one? They're mad rare.
I don't think they are that rare, especially the used ones. 
True not rare but I barely see em around. I always snap my neck when I see one out...I'd be on some exorcism +#+% if I saw OP's

Very nice...I haven't gone through the thread, but do you have pics of the system setup too?

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

son. how the wrap costs more than the car tho? we aint checkin for gwagons no more son

LOL the G55 is not a toy..... a new one is about $130k and this one is 7 years old and I could go dump it for $45k easy anytime

I might be wrong but doesn't Mercedes still make brand new G Wagons in this style?
yes they do, its literally a retro car at this point, because da body hasn't been updated significantly in 15 years

i love it ...they did overhaul da interior though.

benz has a a license agreement with a country to keep making em for military purposes, so as long as thats going on they'll keep making consumer variants as well.

When you're in a small town like me they are pretty rare, especially at mbz dealers. I might have to check in Atlanta. I know there's plenty up there.
laugh.gif

Nice ride man i love G wagons

looks like your in Jersey City tho
nerd.gif

Not trying to figure out cuz thats my home city
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

LOL the G55 is not a toy..... a new one is about $130k and this one is 7 years old and I could go dump it for $45k easy anytime

I might be wrong but doesn't Mercedes still make brand new G Wagons in this style?
yes they do, its literally a retro car at this point, because da body hasn't been updated significantly in 15 years

benz has a a license agreement with a country to keep making em for military purposes, so as long as thats going on they'll keep making consumer variants as well.
ugh, the only thing I hate about the car is the outdated steering wheel. I wish they would at least change that to a more modern version.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ninjahood

ugh, the only thing I hate about the car is the outdated steering wheel. I wish they would at least change that to a more modern version.
%24%28KGrHqF,%21jEE6fl51%21p,BOqQIfKo7g%7E%7E60_3.JPG

%24%28KGrHqQOKo8E6R-9zSKoBOqQ,MBK5%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

%24%28KGrHqMOKisE6%28eVnmFQBOqQ,Po9Ng%7E%7E60_3.JPG

%24%28KGrHqZ,%21l%21E6B9DTN%21lBOqQIiWmb%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG
%24%28KGrHqMOKjcE6dl49JuKBOqQIqsQc%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

this is a 1980 benz g-wagon....virtually identical from da outside, but let's just say they DEFINITELY upgraded da interior overtime.
laugh.gif

LOL
my dude ninja beat me to it....

im about to take this bad boy up to the heights tonite to go see my wifes fam.....

Awesome wrap 
pimp.gif

I love matte when it's applied to the right cars. On that note, let this post be a tribute to my future matte grey Lambo Superleggera

pimp.gif

Looks much better with the wrap. They don't carry much of them at the Mercedes dealer by me, but last time I was there to test drive the S550 they had like 6 SLRs and 20+ various Maybachs just chilling in the front, not even inside the showroom.

The wrap itself is 4 to 5 grand for a good job depending on the size of the car and the amount of panels , mine was closer to 5.....

You can get it done cheaper at certain places but be careful about the material they use, the 3M stuff is expensive..... if you have a small sports car itd be lower too

I was gonna throw some new bigger black rims on it but the ride is so stiff and rough already that I didnt wanna mess with it, especially on these roads up here, I cracked a rim last year in another car on the Pulaski Skyway....

I did used to have a Bentley Arnage but I sold it because I wasnt driving as much since I sold my main business and didnt have to go into work everyday anymore. So I just decided to spruce up the G55 instead....
why didnt you just get a real paint job with that money? you burned yourself
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

pimp.gif

Looks much better with the wrap. They don't carry much of them at the Mercedes dealer by me, but last time I was there to test drive the S550 they had like 6 SLRs and 20+ various Maybachs just chilling in the front, not even inside the showroom.

Is it true Mercedes dealerships make you put down a small down payment in order to test drive their cars? Someone I know tried to test drive a C-class and they told him he had to drop down $1000 just in case
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

laugh.gif

Matte paint jobs have no benefits compared to a matte wrap. The paint is incredibly difficult to take care of, while ruining the original paint job and therefore killing the resale value.

A wrap looks almost exactly the same and can be removed/maintained easily.

The wrap itself is 4 to 5 grand for a good job depending on the size of the car and the amount of panels , mine was closer to 5.....

You can get it done cheaper at certain places but be careful about the material they use, the 3M stuff is expensive..... if you have a small sports car itd be lower too

I was gonna throw some new bigger black rims on it but the ride is so stiff and rough already that I didnt wanna mess with it, especially on these roads up here, I cracked a rim last year in another car on the Pulaski Skyway....

I did used to have a Bentley Arnage but I sold it because I wasnt driving as much since I sold my main business and didnt have to go into work everyday anymore. So I just decided to spruce up the G55 instead....
laugh.gif

If you think you can get even a halfway decent matte paint job for 4-5k then the only thing that smiley face should be laughing at is you
Itd cost over 10k, be incredibly difficult to take care of( a bird crapping on it can ruin the whole thing), and the only way to get it back to OEM specs would be to spend even more then you spent on the matte paint job on getting the regular paint redone.

With a wrap all Id have to do is take it off if I dont want it anymore and the OEM paint is just chilling underneath......on top of all that I have compared matte paint and wraps side by side on cars in person and I prefer the finish of the wrap anyways....

Man they need to hook the body up and make it modern. Whats the point of getting a g wagon if you cant stunt on each other. A 1990s g wagon looks just like a 2012 g wagon. How can i fap to that

laugh.gif

If you think you can get even a halfway decent matte paint job for 4-5k then the only thing that smiley face should be laughing at is you
Itd cost over 10k, be incredibly difficult to take care of( a bird crapping on it can ruin the whole thing), and the only way to get it back to OEM specs would be to spend even more then you spent on the matte paint job on getting the regular paint redone.

With a wrap all Id have to do is take it off if I dont want it anymore and the OEM paint is just chilling underneath......on top of all that I have compared matte paint and wraps side by side on cars in person and I prefer the finish of the wrap anyways....
so why even spend 5gs for something youre "thinking" of removing in the future? you want a different color paint job on the car, stick to it. im not wasting 5gs for a temporary satisfaction. all it takes a blade on that and kiss it goodbye. worrying about bird crap on a real paint job smh

INS wrote:
Man they need to hook the body up and make it modern. Whats the point of getting a g wagon if you cant stunt on each other. A 1990s g wagon looks just like a 2012 g wagon. How can i fap to that

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

pimp.gif

Is it true Mercedes dealerships make you put down a small down payment in order to test drive their cars? Someone I know tried to test drive a C-class and they told him he had to drop down $1000 just in case
30t6p3b.gif

Not that I know of...last time I went to mercedes to BS I test drove a S 63 and I didn't have to put any money down. I have heard of that though. My boy (he looks grimey as hell) went to chevy and they tried to have him pay to test drive a new camaro
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom