G55 AMG wrapped in matte black....

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

pimp.gif

Looks much better with the wrap. They don't carry much of them at the Mercedes dealer by me, but last time I was there to test drive the S550 they had like 6 SLRs and 20+ various Maybachs just chilling in the front, not even inside the showroom.

Is it true Mercedes dealerships make you put down a small down payment in order to test drive their cars? Someone I know tried to test drive a C-class and they told him he had to drop down $1000 just in case
30t6p3b.gif

Not that I know of...last time I went to mercedes to BS I test drove a S 63 and I didn't have to put any money down. I have heard of that though. My boy (he looks grimey as hell) went to chevy and they tried to have him pay to test drive a new camaro
laugh.gif

Definitely not. Test drove a c class today. Salesman didn't even ride along or check my license

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

why didnt you just get a real paint job with that money? you burned yourself
laugh.gif

If you think you can get even a halfway decent matte paint job for 4-5k then the only thing that smiley face should be laughing at is you
Itd cost over 10k, be incredibly difficult to take care of( a bird crapping on it can ruin the whole thing), and the only way to get it back to OEM specs would be to spend even more then you spent on the matte paint job on getting the regular paint redone.

With a wrap all Id have to do is take it off if I dont want it anymore and the OEM paint is just chilling underneath......on top of all that I have compared matte paint and wraps side by side on cars in person and I prefer the finish of the wrap anyways....
so why even spend 5gs for something youre "thinking" of removing in the future? you want a different color paint job on the car, stick to it. im not wasting 5gs for a temporary satisfaction. all it takes a blade on that and kiss it goodbye. worrying about bird crap on a real paint job smh

if 5grand is that big a deal to you, then yea you probably shouldnt be getting any custom work done on your car
the whole point of the wrap is if your gonna sell the car, most likely whoever is gonna buy it isnt gonna want it so you can take it off instantly, if you do the paint job, the value is ruined on resale.....

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

One of the hardest whips on here, wish I could find one? They're mad rare.
I don't think they are that rare, especially the used ones. 
they arent rare so to say but they hold value pretty good so if you actually want one, be ready to spend a decent amount for an older one.

If you think you can get even a halfway decent matte paint job for 4-5k then the only thing that smiley face should be laughing at is you
Itd cost over 10k, be incredibly difficult to take care of( a bird crapping on it can ruin the whole thing), and the only way to get it back to OEM specs would be to spend even more then you spent on the matte paint job on getting the regular paint redone.

With a wrap all Id have to do is take it off if I dont want it anymore and the OEM paint is just chilling underneath......on top of all that I have compared matte paint and wraps side by side on cars in person and I prefer the finish of the wrap anyways....
so why even spend 5gs for something youre "thinking" of removing in the future? you want a different color paint job on the car, stick to it. im not wasting 5gs for a temporary satisfaction. all it takes a blade on that and kiss it goodbye. worrying about bird crap on a real paint job smh

if 5grand is that big a deal to you, then yea you probably shouldnt be getting any custom work done on your car
the whole point of the wrap is if your gonna sell the car, most likely whoever is gonna buy it isnt gonna want it so you can take it off instantly, if you do the paint job, the value is ruined on resale.....
If that's your train of thought, why waste money powdercoating stock wheels? You could've used THAT money to get some nice aftermarket rims, because powdercoating stock wheels doesn't help with value at all, in fact it may even lower it..

No car custom stuff helps the value at all, its all a waste in terms of resale value.. whether its paint jobs/ wraps/ powder coating/rims/ audio, you will never recoup the money back on a sale or value, thats a guaranteed fact... Like I said I didnt want aftermarket rims because the ride is so stiff already... maybe eventually I might but Im cool with how it is now...I also liked keeping everything stock AMG on it

If your concerned about resale value on anything custom on a car, you are gonna lose money on the back end but it is what it is.... to each their own....the wrap just made much more sense on alot of different levels then the paint so thats why I did it.....

It seems like sodium levels are getting pretty high in here. Let that man cook it's his money he earned it so let him spend it.

Originally Posted by StonedFace

If that's your train of thought, why waste money powdercoating stock wheels? You could've used THAT money to get some nice aftermarket rims, because powdercoating stock wheels doesn't help with value at all, in fact it may even lower it..
naw homie, powdercoating could cost $100 a wheel if you know the right person. you shouldnt paying more than $150. plus you can have your wheels refinished back to oem.

and G-wagons dont need rims stock>>>>>>>>>>>>>*

I guess im the only Nter that does not like the matte wrap. If you buy a classic looking car, keep it classic

But to each your own

laugh.gif

But you got to admit, the current steering wheel is just outdated. It looks like it from the 80's.

This is the current G55 AMG steering wheel.
Fj8WO.jpg

This the current C-Class and M-Class steering.
DfenI.jpg

VMkPK.jpg

I am too jelly. My grail. With this blue/grey woodgrain interior I saw on a CL at this car show in the 90's...murder de rasclot

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RedMan

LOL the G55 is not a toy..... a new one is about $130k and this one is 7 years old and I could go dump it for $45k easy anytime

I might be wrong but doesn't Mercedes still make brand new G Wagons in this style?
yes they do, its literally a retro car at this point, because da body hasn't been updated significantly in 15 years

i love it ...they did overhaul da interior though.

benz has a a license agreement with a country to keep making em for military purposes, so as long as thats going on they'll keep making consumer variants as well.
when i was in afghanistan a few years back it was an UN post..so just as many of everyone else as Americans..might have been the Dutch, but i saw these rolling thru the dirt roads like 
sick.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif

edit:  They had a Mercedes equivalent to every truck we had, 5 ton, 2.5 ton, wrecker, etc...probably isnt all luxurious inside but its still sweet to fight a war in a benz 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Not that I know of...last time I went to mercedes to BS I test drove a S 63 and I didn't have to put any money down. I have heard of that though. My boy (he looks grimey as hell) went to chevy and they tried to have him pay to test drive a new camaro
laugh.gif

Definitely not. Test drove a c class today. Salesman didn't even ride along or check my license

They let you test drive cars without a salesman to ride along? Is this a common thing or do you have to look like you have money or something? The last few times my parents went to check out new cars they always had a salesman ride along.

I'm interested in test driving some cheaper, but sporty cars like the Camaro SS, Subaru WRX, stuff like that. Are they going to let a 17 year old drive free? If it matters I'm Asian... not to play jokes or anything but I feel like the race thing could be an issue.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

laugh.gif

They let you test drive cars without a salesman to ride along? Is this a common thing or do you have to look like you have money or something? The last few times my parents went to check out new cars they always had a salesman ride along.

I'm interested in test driving some cheaper, but sporty cars like the Camaro SS, Subaru WRX, stuff like that. Are they going to let a 17 year old drive free? If it matters I'm Asian... not to play jokes or anything but I feel like the race thing could be an issue.
eek.gif
 your Asain.... jk. But when did you change your Avy, @!@@ took me a while to notice it was you

i test drove my IS when i went to the Lexus dealership w/ no salesman. When i went to the Mercedes dealership before that to test drive a IS they had there, they also let me test drive it. 20 year old Black Male.

Back
Top Bottom