Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

no one hates david lee. and david lee > bum williams on the all star team, especially when there was a huge need for big men.
he'll be an nice attraction for 2010, but not for 10 mil a year. he's asking way to much, and he's just not worth it. i like dudes effort, buthe's def. replaceable.
and nate > lee, (popularity wise.)

grin.gif
at Donnie trying to sign Von Wafer. Dude is talented but he's aknuckle head. I don't want him on the team.

Sessions would be a good pickup.

As for Nate and Lee its becoming more evident that the two of them won't be getting the money that they want from us.

wasnt this dude von wafer on our summer league squad lsat year? or the year b4 that?

anyways i dont want any pgs. proshare knows the deal.

[h1]Live From Los Angeles, It's Stephon Marbury[/h1]
dribble600.jpg

Stephon Marbury discussed topics as broad as the N.B.A. and Bugs Bunny during a live chat on the Web site Ustream.tv.

Stephon Marbury took a dip in the pool, played table tennis and hummed lyrics to music. He also offered his opinionover and over again.

Marbury was uncensored and unfiltered Friday as he took to the Internet and tried to host a 24-hour live chat with viewers on the Web site Ustream.tv from his Los Angeles residence.

For Marbury, the time served as an opportunity to bypass the news media, which he has regularly accused of misrepresenting him. Much of it, though, servedas a reminder of Marbury's erratic interview on "Mike'd Up" in the summer of 2007.

Among Friday's highlights:

¶On leaving the Knicks: "My job wasn't taken. It was given to Chris Duhon. Don't get it twisted. Andthat's no disrespect to Duhon either."

¶On philanthropy: "I'm going to set up a foundation for the world. I'm going to take the money and start building cities all over the world.I'm a comet. My man told me I'm a comet. I said, 'I'm a comet?' "

¶On Jeanie Buss, a Los Angeles Lakers executive: "Jeanie Buss, I love her with all my heart. I'd take my heartout and give it to her. That's how ill she is. I love that lady."

¶On the best player in the N.B.A.: "No, I'm not the best player in the N.B.A. Kobe Bryantis the best player. I don't care about the N.B.A. Those days are over with."
That was the CliffsNotes version. Many topics were covered, includingMarbury's preference for Bugs Bunny over Mickey Mouse. Marbury is still a free agent after a cameo appearance with the Boston Celtics after his exile from the Knicks. He had more camera time Friday than he did all lastseason.

For those that missed it, Marbury ended the show by crying at the end
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

This has been more entertaining than the whole Knicks offseason
laugh.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

Knicks management is a joke.....I can't believe they can't convince anyone to come play for us even for one year offer...In D'Atoni offense wherethey can score alot of point and become a free agaent again and ask for more money....SMH

[h2]David Lee acting like spoiled brat[/h2] [h3]July 24, 2009[/h3]

I'm all for David Lee making as much money as he can. But the fact that he can't get $10 to $12 million out of another team is not the Knicks problem.

His comments on Thursday out of Las Vegas illustrate yet again that professional athletes live in a different world than the rest of us. For Lee to suggest the Knicks should pony up the money because he played in "81 out of 82" games last season I'm sure breaks the hearts of people who work 50 out of 52 weeks a year.

Lee damaged his image somewhat by coming across as a spoiled brat because the big bad Knicks won't give him what he thinks he's worth. When in reality, should the Knicks really invest $10-plus million a year into any player who doesn't make an impact in the only statistical category that matters; the won-loss record.

The Knicks were a lottery team before Lee arrived and four years later they are still a lottery team. None of the teams Lee played for has won more than 33 games in any one season.

Think about it; the Lakers are making Lamar Odom take a pay cut - they want to pay him $10 million a year - and Lee doesn't belong in the same sentence as Odom.

The problem with the Knicks the last decade is that most if not all their players with huge contracts failed to deliver. And that goes back to giving Allan Houston $100 million deal when no other team could give him $80.

Allan didn't become a fat cat. He remained professional until the end. But his knees gave out and he was never the same player after signing his deal. Think about some of the other players who were making more than $10 million from the Knicks; Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Eddy Curry, Larry Hughes (okay, we have to stop, the list is too painful.) Latrell Sprewell may have been the best investment the Knicks made the last 10 years and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Donnie Walsh has made it clear that he wants to remain fiscally responsible in order to be well under the salary cap next summer. You don't get better by overpaying for players like Lee. Does he deserve a raise? Absolutely.

But wouldn't you agree that he's in the $5 to $7 million a year range. That's what the Lakers are paying Ron Artest.

Lee should have left the negotiating to his agent, Mark Bartelstein. To come out and moan that he hasn't reached a deal with the Knicks made Lee look bad. The Knicks can't afford to kill their salary cap just to placate Lee.

And no offense David, but the Knicks can easily go 32-50 next season without you. And it won't cost them a penny

[h1]Knicks Could Sign-And-Trade Lee For Boozer?[/h1]

Jul 25, 2009 10:02 AM EST

Boozer_Carlos_uta.jpg
The latest rumor involving the Knicks has the team signing-and-trading David Lee to the Jazz for Carlos Boozer.

Lee acknowledged earlier this week that he is getting frustrated with his situation as a free agent.

The move might be a questionable one for the Jazz, especially since they recently matched Portland's offer sheet for Paul Millsap, who is similar to Lee in a number of ways.

Both Boozer and Lee have been linked to a number of teams this offseason.

Also, I haven't seen anything new regarding a deal to Sessions, so perhaps it was nothing more than a baseless rumor.

^
frown.gif
about sessions.
i saw taht rumor, doesnt make sense imo. utah wants to get rid of salary, and they take back david lee?
they just resigned milsap too..

How would getting Boozer affect our cap space and ability to get other "star players" going forward?

Anyone know?

He's a talented player but hes not "that guy". He's likely to be that guy with the big contract who could never take himself and his team to that next level.

^he's an expiring, so it wont really affect much.
he's talented yes, and he'll help us a lot, but he's injured way too often to provide anything.

If we're an established team, with a core of winning players already locked up for a few years, Lee is worth it to us. But since we're rebuilding andlooking to make signings in 2010, he's not worth us abandoning that plan. He's not good enough to carry a team. We need someone who is.

If I were Lee, I'd sign the 1 year deal, and try again. Nobody will bust the bank for this guy, with the economy the way it is, and 2010 looming. He becamea FA at the wrong time. Same goes for Nate Robinson. If I had to choose between the two, I's keep D. Lee.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

[h2]David Lee acting like spoiled brat[/h2] [h3]July 24, 2009[/h3]

I'm all for David Lee making as much money as he can. But the fact that he can't get $10 to $12 million out of another team is not the Knicks problem.

His comments on Thursday out of Las Vegas illustrate yet again that professional athletes live in a different world than the rest of us. For Lee to suggest the Knicks should pony up the money because he played in "81 out of 82" games last season I'm sure breaks the hearts of people who work 50 out of 52 weeks a year.

Lee damaged his image somewhat by coming across as a spoiled brat because the big bad Knicks won't give him what he thinks he's worth. When in reality, should the Knicks really invest $10-plus million a year into any player who doesn't make an impact in the only statistical category that matters; the won-loss record.

The Knicks were a lottery team before Lee arrived and four years later they are still a lottery team. None of the teams Lee played for has won more than 33 games in any one season.

Think about it; the Lakers are making Lamar Odom take a pay cut - they want to pay him $10 million a year - and Lee doesn't belong in the same sentence as Odom.

The problem with the Knicks the last decade is that most if not all their players with huge contracts failed to deliver. And that goes back to giving Allan Houston $100 million deal when no other team could give him $80.

Allan didn't become a fat cat. He remained professional until the end. But his knees gave out and he was never the same player after signing his deal. Think about some of the other players who were making more than $10 million from the Knicks; Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Eddy Curry, Larry Hughes (okay, we have to stop, the list is too painful.) Latrell Sprewell may have been the best investment the Knicks made the last 10 years and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Donnie Walsh has made it clear that he wants to remain fiscally responsible in order to be well under the salary cap next summer. You don't get better by overpaying for players like Lee. Does he deserve a raise? Absolutely.

But wouldn't you agree that he's in the $5 to $7 million a year range. That's what the Lakers are paying Ron Artest.

Lee should have left the negotiating to his agent, Mark Bartelstein. To come out and moan that he hasn't reached a deal with the Knicks made Lee look bad. The Knicks can't afford to kill their salary cap just to placate Lee.

And no offense David, but the Knicks can easily go 32-50 next season without you. And it won't cost them a penny
I disagree with this article. How is he being a spoiled brat?

The media kills me man. They see a player, ask him what he thinks of his current contract (Lebron, David Lee, Nate, Wade, Bosh), then bash the player foreither saying he wants a new deal asap or label the player as "difficult to interview" for saying he doesn't want to talk about his contractuntil the end of the year.

Dave has been one of the more professional players since he's been in NY. He doesn't bash management. He shut his mouth when D'anphony first gothere and took him out of the starting lineup. He sucked it up when he didn't make the ASG. And he appropriately waited until the off-season to discuss hiscontract. And now when the time is here to actually talk about it, this article is saying he's wrong?? I don't get it.

He's doing what he needs to do to ensure a better deal for himself. Simply pointing out his positives now makes him a spoiled brat? GTFOOH

Back
Top Bottom