Going to P.F. Changs for the first time. (Recommandations,Opinions???)

thread_direction.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
JayAmazin wrote:

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

No not every single Chinese place is Americanized. The Chinese don't start restaurants to tailor to Americans. They start them because it is their cuisines that they want to offer to Americans. They're cultural cuisines are very authentic. Go to a small Chinese restaurant chain and you'll see the authenticity. PF Changs is not one of them. You try telling a Chinese running a restaurant that they're food is Americanized and see where that gets you. I don't see that with PF though. I've been there. And I've been to other chinese restaurants and I'm telling you that PF Changs is not Authentic compared to the other ones I've been to.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

roll.gif
roll.gif
all this authentic talk. who cares as long as it tastes good??
Typical American ignorance. That's why our food culture is so damn lacking compared to places in Asia and Europe.

Originally Posted by CEMO757

i like the lettuce wraps for an appetizer. i usually get the orange chicken
I hated the orange chicken
sick.gif
sick.gif
....go for the sweet and sour chicken
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

roll.gif
roll.gif
Typical American ignorance. That's why our food culture is so damn lacking compared to places in Asia and Europe.
I know, right? As long as it's deep-fried and covered in some thick sauce it's a motha %$$%@$% frenzy...

Originally Posted by General Johnson

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

why people ever go to national chain restaurants is beyond me. outback? applebees? pf changs? f outta here with that crap.

Lemme guess, you're that guy who "never watches TV" and only drinks microbrews too, right?
grin.gif
I eat a plenty of local mom and pops, but sometimes you want some junk food at a familiar place.
laugh.gif
naw im cool with tv and ill drink some busch light any day of the week...but at those national chain spots (im not talking fast food chains cause i *$*@ with those) the food is usually terrible and unhealthy, and its costs WAY MORE than it should. it would be one thing if plates at olive garden costed like 7 bucks and were mediocre but you knew what you were getting. i went, ordered some terrible pasta and a drink, and it hit my wallet 20 bucks. there are so many better options than those places that it baffles me that people eat that crap. im not even trying to be elitist. i would understand if it was good food, or atleast good value, but its neither. and spots like applebees never really know what their identity is. they got $+@+!% chinese food, quesadillas, mediocre steak, etc. not to mention the worst commercials of all time. if thats your thing, then fine. but just know you are eating some very $+@+!% food for an even ****tier price.

OP hyping up his first visit to a chain restaurant.

it's just chinese food, not that serious. get whatever you think you might like on the menu.

this thread is a ridiculous.

I lived in the Bay Area most of my life, and this is coming from my friend's parents who were born and raised in China for 40+ years.
Disagree completely. There are places that aren't Americanized, maybe you or your buddies' parents haven't been. My buddies parents were also born and raised in China and would disagree with that statement.

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

go to San francisco, in chinatown. Not every place is Americanized

Originally Posted by HyphySole

San Francisco's Inner Richmond district, San Mateo, Oakland's Chinatown, Union City, Fremont, San Jose... everywhere, basically.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

roll.gif
roll.gif
I know, right? As long as it's deep-fried and covered in some thick sauce it's a motha %$$%@$% frenzy...
For the record I do know the difference between "authentic" and "Americanized" Chinese food. But is that supposed to stop me from being able to enjoy Americanized Chinese food like PF Changs? Pretty much all ethnic cuisine has been Americanized. is that supposed to stop you from trying different things? Just breathe. sheesh

San Francisco's Inner Richmond district, San Mateo, Oakland's Chinatown, Union City, Fremont, San Jose... everywhere, basically.
Da XpLiCiT OnE has a point,  the "REAL" chinese resturant in the city are americanized, if you ever travel too china ...ask for plate of mayo shrimp, u gonna get the 
indifferent.gif

look

Never been to PF changs was about to go last week but decided to get Cheesecake Factory instead. I'm use to eating authentic chinese food all the time so it's not like I'm missing out.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

roll.gif
roll.gif
For the record I do know the difference between "authentic" and "Americanized" Chinese food. But is that supposed to stop me from being able to enjoy Americanized Chinese food like PF Changs? Pretty much all ethnic cuisine has been Americanized. is that supposed to stop you from trying different things? Just breathe. sheesh
Yes? Americanized Chinese food consists of deep fried everything. Not only is it unhealthy, it doesn't TASTE like anything. Which is kind of a hallmark of American cuisine. Deep fry anything and slather it with sauces and voila! You say all ethnic cuisine has been Americanized like there isn't anything wrong with that. Food is an integral part of each culture. So yeah, I do feel some kind of way when foods get bastardized and I do have a problem with these chain restaurants proliferating this garbage.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Da XpLiCiT OnE has a point,  the "REAL" chinese resturant in the city are americanized, if you ever travel too china ...ask for plate of mayo shrimp, u gonna get the 
indifferent.gif

look
No, actually, he doesn't have a point. There are TONS of authentic Chinese restaurants in the city. You've got Shanghainese, Sichuanese, Taiwanese, Cantonese, Mongolian all pretty well represented JUST in San Francisco. What the hell is mayo shrimp?

Originally Posted by cjspida619

some of you guys are elitist,, its juss food eat and enjoy
Elitist? Look up the definition before you go throwing that around. Apparently having a discriminating palate is elitism. If it weren't for taste, what separates you from your dog or your cat?

Back
Top Bottom