Going to P.F. Changs for the first time. (Recommandations,Opinions???)

OP is probably going to check back on this thread, thinking he got 4 pages of suggestions.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

Not true. In order for chinese restaurants to be successful they do have to be "americanized", but a lot of big successful Chinese restaurants around my way have menus only in Chinese that have a completely different "authentic" menu, that's way different than the typical orange chicken/kung pao chicken, etc. etc.

For example, Sanbeji (aka Three Cups Chicken) is a Taiwanese dish that's never really on American menus but quite a few Chinese restaurants have it on their Chinese-version menu.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by cjspida619

some of you guys are elitist,, its juss food eat and enjoy
Elitist? Look up the definition before you go throwing that around. Apparently having a discriminating palate is elitism. If it weren't for taste, what separates you from your dog or your cat?
having a larger brain

I'm going to school to be a chef and I honestly don't see what's wrong with this. EVERY culture puts their own spin on other culture's food. So downplaying food because it's "Americanized" is stupid. I can't enjoy Filipino spaghetti because someone from Italy wouldn't approve of it or because it doesn't follow the blueprint? Everyone has different taste and if they like the American chinese food or the authentic chinese food isn't really another person's business, because you aren't the one getting fed.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by cjspida619

some of you guys are elitist,, its juss food eat and enjoy
Elitist? Look up the definition before you go throwing that around. Apparently having a discriminating palate is elitism. If it weren't for taste, what separates you from your dog or your cat?
sorry wrong term you guys are being food snobs
im sayin its a restaurant you go to eat and enjoy food, you acting like the foods not eatable or something. who ever said pfs was authentic chines no one did

Yall are all crazy. It's all about their Mongolian beef.  And to everyone saying "Americanized Chinese Food"... EVERY SINGLE CHINESE place in America is AMERICANIZED. No restaurants in China are even close to these.. it was all made for "America".

mongolian beef FTW

Originally Posted by acidicality

Not true. In order for chinese restaurants to be successful they do have to be "americanized", but a lot of big successful Chinese restaurants around my way have menus only in Chinese that have a completely different "authentic" menu, that's way different than the typical orange chicken/kung pao chicken, etc. etc.

For example, Sanbeji (aka Three Cups Chicken) is a Taiwanese dish that's never really on American menus but quite a few Chinese restaurants have it on their Chinese-version menu.
Seriously.  This is coming from someone who orders stuff that;s not on the menu at almost every Chinese place I go to and has been to China several times.  If you know what to order in a non-chain Chinese restaurant you will get authentic Chinese food.  Even the old advice of "to get good Chinese food, go to a restaurant where only Chinese people eat" is tough for non Chinese speakers to follow.  Sure you may enter the right restaurant, but you damn sure won't know how to order because most places have an American menu and a Chinese only menu.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

why people ever go to national chain restaurants is beyond me. outback? applebees? pf changs? f outta here with that crap.
Many NT'ers probably don't live near local establishments. Sadly, chain restaurants and strip malls is the norm where many people live (thankfully not me).

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

go to five guys instead bro.

went there for lunch for the first time in a while friday.
they give you soooooo many fries

Originally Posted by rcdp

Seriously.  This is coming from someone who orders stuff that;s not on the menu at almost every Chinese place I go to and has been to China several times.  If you know what to order in a non-chain Chinese restaurant you will get authentic Chinese food.  Even the old advice of "to get good Chinese food, go to a restaurant where only Chinese people eat" is tough for non Chinese speakers to follow.  Sure you may enter the right restaurant, but you damn sure won't know how to order because most places have an American menu and a Chinese only menu.

Just stop.  There are no authentic Chinese places in America.  Sure many spots have a separate menus, but in no way does it taste like an authentic Chinese dish.  Some dishes may be close, but you're kidding yourself if your calling it authentic.  Closest you're going to get in terms of taste is to hit up some spots in Canada.

starter -

crab wontons
northern ribs
wonton soup

beef

beef a la sichuan
Mongolian beef, no scallions, add broc , asparagus & carrots.
wok charred beef ( if your a big shroom fan)

chicken

dali chicken
pimp.gif

chicken black bean sauce

lamb

chengdu spiced

seafood

shrimp candy walnuts
sichuan from the sea
kung pao scallops
oolong sea bass

Originally Posted by MrWavez

SPICY FISH with white rice...ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD

IM NOT PLAYING
hot fish ( farm raised cat fish)

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

why people ever go to national chain restaurants is beyond me. outback? applebees? pf changs? f outta here with that crap.
Many NT'ers probably don't live near local establishments. Sadly, chain restaurants and strip malls is the norm where many people live (thankfully not me).

yea i realize that when im cruising on the interstate past so many **+*%@ little highway towns.
thankfully not where i live
pimp.gif

I don't care what it is or isn't, P.F Chang is TASTY

lettuce wraps

beef sichuan

Originally Posted by wiredz3

Just stop.  There are no authentic Chinese places in America.  Sure many spots have a separate menus, but in no way does it taste like an authentic Chinese dish.  Some dishes may be close, but you're kidding yourself if your calling it authentic.  Closest you're going to get in terms of taste is to hit up some spots in Canada.

You make no sense.  So Chinese food in America can't be authentic but the places in Canada are close?  My family is Filipino and my parents always took us to their favorite Chinese restaurant which was always filled with Chinese families.  I guess those families enjoyed inauthentic food cooked by chefs who didn't know what they were doing.  I guess you're implying that you have to go all the way to China to enjoy traditional food and it will taste exactly how it's supposed to taste.

^where do you live? I guarantee you that you can find a cheaper/better tasting restaurant along the same lines as PF chang's if they're style of chinese grub suits you.

Yes there are.
It's simple, PF Chang's isn't "authentic". There are places that are more authentic, especially in places with higher amounts of Asian/Chinese people.
Doesn't make the taste better or worse, it depends on your taste buds.

Is that really worth arguing about?
laugh.gif

954152477762b1f9d9ba48aaff610797c2b6ae2.gif

If u going to p.f bring a bad broad with u don't go with any hoodrat ( don't make the mistake I did lol)

Back
Top Bottom