Got prescribed some Ambian for sleep troubles. Anyone ever take it?

Finally went to the doctor for my sleep issues and he prescribed me Ambian to help me out. Has anyone ever tried this? I hope I don't start sleep-driving or doing some stupid @+%@ in my sleep.

you dont ever watch A&E's show "intervention"

thats how it all starts....drink some warm milk or something else  instead [][]

My father is addicted to them and cant go to sleep without them,and even at that he doesnt really sleep.
It also makes you hungry, he eats everything in sight and doesnt even remember doing it, Ive nearly fought him because of it.

Try sleeping teas.

Why don't you just smoke some bud or take an edible?

We can prescribe people dangerous drugs but I can't smoke a joint at the crib...

SMH

why do people do this stuff?
tired.gif

Yea this is like a last resort. I've tried OTC sleep aids, melatonin, rubbing one out, rubbing two out, music, camamille tea and everything else in the book.

Originally Posted by bb4 86

Yea this is like a last resort. I've tried OTC sleep aids, melatonin, rubbing one out, rubbing two out, music, camamille tea and everything else in the book.

laugh.gif

I have an Ambien prescription, legit insomnia. Not even close to addicted though, I don't take it often and I don't feel that I need or want it.

Anyway, couple hints: Get ready for bed or whatever, take it and lay down. Turn your laptop and phone off. Not kidding, if you fight it and try to stay awake, you'll do some ++#* you don't remember. I've woken up to a half re-organized dresser, shaved my beard (and that ++#* was looking smooth), had conversations I didn't remember at all...and got myself in trouble. Also, make sure you're giving yourself enough time to sleep as many hours as you need. If you take it and try to wake up like 4 hours later, you'll probably feel hungover and it's not fun.

^ wow

Do you have anxiety, how long have you not been sleeping properly?

James Earl Zones wrote:
Thees little people running round in my home with redd clothing on they have designs like zebras stripes at their faces. I was asked to follow them to the outtter sides of ' my mind I aam lost the message is there. the message is there. the message it's there. Whn we become s the elders we are finished. He cannot see where we are headed bring them with you. Save them from himn it it's not a choice help them. &..... the circle. What is time. Where are we_ you cannot see +.... this is it the message is there what I have they have me. They,have me I,feel this..my eyers are they earre heavy my,eyes my,eyes my eyes my eyes aa heavy heasavy
this is my brain on ambien. I had no memory of posting this either
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Do you have anxiety, how long have you not been sleeping properly?

Idk if I'd call it anxiety but I'm definitely stressed a lot. I think a lot of it stems from my lack of sleep though. It's been a long time, like at least 2 years that I haven't been able to sleep well consistently. Sometimes I'll lay In bed and toss & turn for 5-6 hours and some nights I literally won't sleep at all. Like I'll be in bed but awake all night till the morning. Like I said, I really have tried all I can and this is a last resort for me.

I started taking ambien early last year and they made me extremely depressed. It's one of the common side effects. They did the job of putting me to sleep but it wasn't worth it when I was awake. 

if you are having sleep problems change your diet. cut out dairy and eat real foods.......fruits and vegetables. make sure you go outside and get sunlight. exercise.

it really makes me sad when people just go and pop some pharmaceutical drug.......doctors get a cut from every prescription you fill

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

if you are having sleep problems change your diet. cut out dairy and eat real foods.......fruits and vegetables. make sure you go outside and get sunlight. exercise.

it really makes me sad when people just go and pop some pharmaceutical drug.......doctors get a cut from every prescription you fill

Don't assume I haven't. Diet has been completely revamped. Only fresh and organic food or homemade stuff. No fast food. No processed food. No soda, just water or juice. Also changed what my Dr. called my sleep hygiene. My bed is only for two things, sleeping and sexing. No tv, reading, homework, video games or anything else in bed. Phone also gets turned off completely at night. I've tried all the OTC stuff and natural "remedies" I could think of and nothing's worked.

nothing works instantly. think about how long you were putting junk in your body and how long you have been eating clean.

do you still conaume dairy? if you are still consuming dairy then cut it out and see if it works

Only a little cheese every now and then. But I've done this for about 9 months or so

laugh.gif
i had a prescription for a while.  i'd take an ambien and a few percs before bed every night.  the %%%% i'd dream.
roll.gif
i woke up numerous times thinking there were people and voices in my room talking to me.  i also took one and forgot i took it so i stayed up another hour and started feeling trippy as hell and then i remembered i took it and layed down stat.

trazadone is better.

Back
Top Bottom